Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Sammy Sosa Tested Postitve for Steroids in 2003

StillUnknown

I've always said that I will officially give up on baseball the day we find out Chipper Jones was doing roids...Knowing what I know now it does make his '99 MVP season look a little sketchy.

He's went on record several times saying he never used. And there's no reason to not believe the guy. 45 HR is not a big deal. Especially for a guy that's hit over 400 of them. The only thing that makes me wonder is that season came around the time that Caminitti won his MVP.

People need to stop acting like one season of a big outburst in homers is a direct link to steroids.

Yaz jumped from 16 to 44 homers between 66 and 67. Then went down to 23. Then went back up to two consecutive years of 40 homers. He then never hit more than 28 in a season for the rest of his career.

Hank Aaron hit his career high in homers in his late 30's, at age 37 I believe.

So there are guys out there who had huge spikes in power and also late career power surges without doing steroids.

A big spike in power is just one sign, but there's not a 100% correlation. Seeing how bulked up Sosa and McGwire got are the other big signs.

People need to stop acting like one season of a big outburst in homers is a direct link to steroids.

Yaz jumped from 16 to 44 homers between 66 and 67. Then went down to 23. Then went back up to two consecutive years of 40 homers. He then never hit more than 28 in a season for the rest of his career.

Hank Aaron hit his career high in homers in his late 30's, at age 37 I believe.

So there are guys out there who had huge spikes in power and also late career power surges without doing steroids.

A big spike in power is just one sign, but there's not a 100% correlation. Seeing how bulked up Sosa and McGwire got are the other big signs.

I'm not saying HR totals are the end all be all of telling if someone used or not. But noticing Sosa from when he began his career to the end of his career and the HRs pretty much give it away.

I agree.

I'm just sayin for guys like Chipper Jones and this year, Raul Ibanez.

Well Chipper was still relativley young when he hit 45. Ibanez I think has more to do with going from the AL to the NL. Pitchers haven't seen him so they don't know how to pitch him yet. But he has averaged 22 HRs over his career and he has that many this year already.

Well Chipper was still relativley young when he hit 45. Ibanez I think has more to do with going from the AL to the NL. Pitchers haven't seen him so they don't know how to pitch him yet. But he has averaged 22 HRs over his career and he has that many this year already.
Don't forget that bandbox of a stadium in Philly. Although New Yankee Stadium makes that park look like Petco Park.

It also doesn't hurt playing in the Phillies ballpark. Nor does it hurt having guys like Howard and Utley in that lineup.

Archived