Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ear problems

bch89

So I woke up this morning and could barely hear out of my left ear. I woke up took a shower tried cleaning it and some other things but as the day goes on it gets worse and worse. Anyone know of anything that could help this?

Get it checked out. It could be a simple infection. Do you have tinnitus?

Pray you don't have what I had which was a cholesteatoma.

I had to have it surgically removed and then have follow-up surgery to put in a prosthetic bone in my ear. I still only have about 20% hearing in that ear.

Oh, and as for zoony's comment, I think my cholesteatoma was cause by a bug that had gotten in my ear years earlier when I was sleeping. I woke up screaming in pain, ran to the bathroom and slapped the side of my head whereupon a bug fell out into the sink. I think he burrowed into my ear because it was warm, dark and moist and then chewed on something. The cholesteatoma probably started when the tissue tried to heal, but malfunctioned and kept growing. Years later I had severe tinnitus. It was initially diagnosed as an ear infection, but when that didn't clear up they sent me for a CAT scan and voila! cholesteatoma.

Good luck.

So I woke up this morning and could barely hear out of my left ear. I woke up took a shower tried cleaning it and some other things but as the day goes on it gets worse and worse. Anyone know of anything that could help this?

You probably have an ear infection. I had one two weeks ago, exact same symptoms, woke up almost deaf in one ear. Go to your doctor and get antibiotics (he'll probably give you Azithromycin or Cerufoxime). For relief now, find a lemon and squeeze some of the juice down your ear, the acidity will help clear it out.

Btw, did you have a slight ringing sound in it as well as the feeling of pressure?

It's not in pain or anything which I find weird though

something similar just happened to my sister. she had a double ear infection, and had no pain in either ear. But she was getting dizzy frequently when standing up or moving around. Vertigo was a result from the double ear infection.

She went to the doctor a couple weeks ago, but still hasn't fully kicked the symptoms of the infections.

Definitley see what the doctor has to say.

take a bottle or peroxide, and fill the cap up and dump that in your ear. it will bubble up and tingle and possibly tickle a little bit. this will help clean out any excess wax build up. i had this same problem a few years ago. i went to the doctor and he did this same thing but with some real equipment and said to do this if it ever happened again. i hope this is the case for you. good luck.

Archived