Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best singer/band of the '80's

Burgold

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Got it right this time...:cool:

Run DMC

Prince

Van Halen

Aerosmith

Michael Jackson (Thriller is the best album ever released and Off the Wall was great even tho that came out in '79..Don't stop till you get enough is one of my fave songs by him)

No Madonna, huh?

And The Police are on there twice lol...

Shoot! I knew that would happen at least once! :tantrum:

If y'all want we can agree that the second Police is someone else. We might even get a mod to replace it.

Where the **** are the hair bands????????????????????

Apparently where they belong.

Forgotten.

Hair era- worst rock and roll ever produced. All glitz and image, musically atrocious. insipid lyrics, and really REALLY unimaginative musicianship.

(For the most part. There may be an exception or two, but by and large this stuff was the worst of the worst.)

~Bang

Guys seriously why aren't more of you admitting Singers and Bands are completely different?

How could anyone consider Run DMC, Public Enemy, Metallica, Van Halen, NWA, Van Halen, Talking Heads, Duran Duran, They Might Be Giants, Guns N Roses, Beastie Boys, The Cure, Sonic Youth, The Cult, Black Flag, Iron Maiden, or Aerosmith singers? Singers and bands should be on different lists completely. I'd rank Madonna, Prince, Billy Joel, Neil Diamond, Michael Jackson as great singers from the 1980's but no way do they end up on a list for best bands from the 1980's. I'd rank U2 as a great band, no chance they get in any great singer list. Do you all get me?

I don't get this post at all

Guys seriously why aren't more of you admitting Singers and Bands are completely different?

How could anyone consider Run DMC, Public Enemy, Metallica, Van Halen, NWA, Van Halen, Talking Heads, Duran Duran, They Might Be Giants, Guns N Roses, Beastie Boys, The Cure, Sonic Youth, The Cult, Black Flag, Iron Maiden, or Aerosmith singers? Singers and bands should be on different lists completely. I'd rank Madonna, Prince, Billy Joel, Neil Diamond, Michael Jackson as great singers from the 1980's but no way do they end up on a list for best bands from the 1980's. I'd rank U2 as a great band, no chance they get in any great singer list. Do you all get me?

Oh the horror!

Will the bands take the ES tailgate results as seriously now???

You DO realize, don't you, that Prince played pretty much every instrument and sang almost every vocal on most of his 80s albums...right?

Yet he's just a "singer" and not a "band"?... Ok, then lol...

As well as, many solo artists actually bring together session musicians and write their own songs...just because they do not KEEP those session musicians on and hire them as permanent band members doesn't mean that they should be segregated into a completely different category than an Aerosmith...

lol, if it said best musical act would that make you happier?

Van Halen for Hard Rock

Metallica for Metal

Iron Maiden for vocalist. (Bruce Dickinson)

The problem with polls like these, is that groups always get left out. Where is Judas Priest? Motley Crue? Heck even Bon Jovi? People should atleast have the option to vote for them. Those three groups alone were HUGE in the 80's.

U2. Not to mention Bon Jovi. I think they were probably the biggest of all shows in the latter half of the decade.

And Bruce Springsteen and Queen could easily be on this list. Queen transcended the 70's into the 80's. The 1985 Wembley concert is still one of the best. Look it up on Youtube. It won't disappoint.

Archived