Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jansen signs with Detroit

The Rook

Do you think the Lions message board had a

"Washington Releases Jansen ... what do you think" thread?

:D

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

That is priceless! As we are different, so are we the same.

Oh yeah. It's a trip seeing posts saying "Only the Redskins",then heading over to other teams message boards and realizing "Well. Maybe not."

Actually, in this case, they're better.....the person who started the thread, didn't just say "Should we ????".....but they said "I predict well sign him"

Nice guarantee

EDIT : Nevermind, they edited their post to predict that, AFTER he signed with Detroit.

What I want to know, is whether that's the member's actual picture of herself in her avatar ???

wow...he wasnt even worth the vet minimum for depth? thats really saying something...

That means we'd cut him and sign him to a new vet minimum contract. He probably didn't want to do that, and from our cap position, it probably didn't make much sense.

Now that he's gone, I wish him all the luck, except for week 3. I hope we put AH and BO on his side all day and wear his ass out! RAK should have at the minimum of 2 sacks with rookie of the week honors. Im sure Blache, is having wet dreams of how to expose his weakness of not being able to contain speed rushers. I cant wait. Good luck JJ and thank you for your services.

:saber::saber::saber:

I wish Jon Jansen nothing but the best in Detroit, except in going against the Redskins, of course. Jansen definitely did what he could do to help the Washington Redskins during his 10 year stint in D.C. Unfortunately, the Redskins releasing Jansen was a tough, business decision to make; I'm sure that it surprised some Redskins fans, including myself.

100% correct. Very well stated

This is where 33 year old tackles at the end of their careers end up, with a rebuilding team that lacks any veteran leadership. That's what Jansen is there for. To provide a bridge to the next generation.

Here I still think the true battle is between Stephon Heyer and Jeremy Bridges with Mike Williams a long shot.

We might see Bridges or Williams at guard as well, although I am not certain that Williams will make the final roster.

i saw this story on yahoo. the funniest part of the story was reading the comments from the lions fans.

"omg we signed jansen the skins are so stupid we are going to have a rock solid line this year championship!!!!!!" :hysterical:

I get the feeling that Jansen is gone because his pride wouldn't let him accept the roles his body could fill (backup backup tackle/backup center). He wouldn't step out of the way, so he was moved out of the way.

The guy isn't a starter or depth. He just shouldn't be on the field and I don't expect him to be on Detroit's 53-man roster when the season opens, much less starting when we play them.

nah he will make the 53 man roster. i think that he is there for depth/insurance in case gosder cherilus either gets hurt or sucks it up this season.

all i have to say is this: if jansen sees the field at all then you can go ahead and label cherilus a bust :D

Perhaps this is a silly remark but...I don't think he was as terrible as some are saying.

Our line has been in bad shape for a bit now and sometimes it can be hard to judge what ONE player is doing when several are apart of the play.

He has had injuries.

He is a super good guy.

Having said all that... I think he was WAY overpaid last contract and he isn't currently going to fit with our line.

I hope he has a fantastic year with Detroit and then retires.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

That is priceless! As we are different, so are we the same.

Yeah, but they are pretty realistic about what he could do...

If anyone's going to struggle mightily in pass protection, it should be our 2008 first-rounder with massive upside, not a 10-year vet on his last legs. Jansen at his peak was pretty good, but even then he was basically Backus sized up to 120%. No thanks.

or...

Wildcat67 wrote: Redskins released RT Jon Jansen.

After Jansen struggled mightily in pass protection last year, the Redskins were determined to replace him "for good" this offseason.

Well....he'd fit in here at least.

;)

I feel badly for those that talk about, "If he's healthy, he's good." Jansen was healthy last year, wasn't he? Definitely an improvement on Heyer for the run, but yeah, not starting material anymore.

EDIT: Think they sent a private jet for him? You know, Detroit keeps a private jet.

Archived