Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jansen signs with Detroit

The Rook

that was pretty quick if we did indeed cut him today.

Maybe we should put a case for tampering against the Lions that they talked with Jansen before we released him and they should give us their first round choice next year :P

lol. Then we'd probably take the first overall pick in 2010 and trade it for Marquis Tuiasasopo or something

That was fast...good for him. I guess cutting him earlier than June 1st gave him that opportunity to hit the FA market early.

In his interview, he did have some questions why it took so long. :whoknows:

:helmet: The Rook

How much & for how long? :)

One year, vet min.

Jansen was out of work just a few hours. He agreed to a one-year deal at the veteran minimum with the Lions on Friday afternoon. The contract is contingent on Jansen passing a physical on Monday.

"I'm besides myself with excitement," said Jansen, who grew up in suburban Detroit and makes his offseason home three hours north in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

Jansen's old Michigan teammate, Jeff Backus, is the Lions' left tackle. Jansen will compete on the right side with 2008 first-round draft choice Gosder Cherilus, who struggled as a rookie. Jansen knows strength coach Jason Arapoff and trainer Al Bellamy from his rookie year with the Redskins. Lions general manager Martin Mayhew is an ex-Redskins cornerback.

And it didn't escape Jansen's notice that the Redskins visit the Lions again this season.

"Third week," he said with a chuckle. "I've got it on my calendar."

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/29/breaking-redskins-cut-jansen/?feat=home_headlines

I wish Jon Jansen nothing but the best in Detroit, except in going against the Redskins, of course. Jansen definitely did what he could do to help the Washington Redskins during his 10 year stint in D.C. Unfortunately, the Redskins releasing Jansen was a tough, business decision to make; I'm sure that it surprised some Redskins fans, including myself.

And it didn't escape Jansen's notice that the Redskins visit the Lions again this season.

"Third week," he said with a chuckle. "I've got it on my calendar."

It's going to be sad to see Jansen get embarrased by our D Line in week three.

Archived