Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Manny Ramirez To Be Suspended For 50 Games!

KingGibbs

Why wasn't he? The numbers say he was. My favorite player of all time is Eddie Murray and in his day, he was a superstar. Palmiero's numbers are actually better.

His numbers are better, but every slugger's numbers are better now. Eddie was a dominant player in his time - Palmiero is just another guy who played a long time, most of his career in one of the most hitter friendly ballparks in baseball with the Rangers. Good player, never even close to the best of his time.

The worst part about this is that this is ALL anyone in sports media will be talking about for the next millenium. Thank Manny, A-Rod. He's taken some of the slack for you.

I hope this doesn't take all the focus off of A-Rod. I'm getting sick of Yankees getting a free pass on this even though that team has had more guys linked to steroids than any other team.

The worst part about this is that this is ALL anyone in sports media will be talking about for the next millenium. Thank Manny, A-Rod. He's taken some of the slack for you.

I might not even watch SportsCenter for the next month. Now between Manny, A-Rod, and Favre, they might not have anytime to show highlights.

BTW - the notion that modern day players are doing anything different (as in using drugs to enhance performance) from the players of the 50's, 60's and 70's is ripe for epic failure.

Greenies (amphetamines) were alleged to be abused more then than they are now. And yes, greenies are PED's.

I might not even watch SportsCenter for the next month. Now between Manny, A-Rod, and Favre, they might not have anytime to show highlights.

Man, I'm glad I don't have cable. But Mike and Mike are just as bad.:doh:

I remember one Sox game where Manny trotted to first, knowing he was going to get thrown out. Didn't even bother to show a scrap of hustle. The shot cut to Theo shaking his head, not smiling. I knew right then that Manny's days in Boston were numbered, and that the number was small.

The Sox do know how to trade guys at the right time, though. They've gotten extremely good at that...

50 games is a bit steep for someone who didn't even inject a steroid to intentionally improve performance. The rules are just bogus these days. You can't even use an anti-itch cream without analyzing the ingredients...

Why wasn't he? The numbers say he was. My favorite player of all time is Eddie Murray and in his day, he was a superstar. Palmiero's numbers are actually better.

Are you comparing Eddie Murray to Palmiero?? First of all we now know that them numbers are inflated, but I am not even going to go there. But compare him to the real superstars like Griffey, Ripken, Gwynn, and even the people who were also juiced like Bonds*, McGuire*, and Sosa*. Like I said Palmeiro was, and still is my man. But he is know superstar IMO.

Archived