Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Camp of Campbell

Heisenberg

Perhaps its time for us to open up our eyes a bit. JC cannot lead this team. His stats will be padded as usual in garbage time with yards and a TD pass.

1st and 10 at WAS 28 (3:06) J.Campbell pass incomplete short left to L.Betts.

2nd and 10 at WAS 28 (3:00) (Shotgun) J.Campbell pass short left to S.Moss to WAS 36 for 8 yards (M.Johnson).

3rd and 2 at WAS 36 (2:41) (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Campbell pass short left to A.Randle El to WAS 47 for 11 yards (K.Phillips,

M.Kiwanuka).

1st and 10 at WAS 47 (2:22) (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Campbell pass short middle to C.Cooley to NYG 49 for 4 yards (A.Pierce).

2nd and 6 at NYG 49 (2:02) (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Campbell scrambles right end ran ob at NYG 33 for 16 yards (C.Brown).

Two-Minute Warning

1st and 10 at NYG 33 (1:53) (Shotgun) J.Campbell pass short middle to A.Randle El to NYG 17 for 16 yards (M.Kiwanuka).

1st and 10 at NYG 17 (1:37) (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Campbell pass deep middle to C.Cooley for 17 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

This is all against prevent defense. Take that away and how do the numbers look? How did the offense look? Capable? Moving the ball? In charge and in command? I think not.

one day zorn is going to have to trust jason and attack weak corners. if our line sucks roll him out, go 4 wides, go shotgun. No more excuses. Its time to use more than 2 short WR's in the passing game.

Listen to Zorn's post-game. Even the coach highlights the fact that Campbell simply holds the ball too long and the pass protection was good. Face the facts; Campbell is not the answer!

Perhaps its time for us to open up our eyes a bit. JC cannot lead this team. His stats will be padded as usual in garbage time with yards and a TD pass.

Why don't you post the first quarter and blame that on Campbell as well?

The playcalling in this game was ridiculous.

51 yards on 20 carries, with a 34 yard carry to start. Let that sink in.

Even if you take out that last drive, Jason's stats show that we were having success moving the ball in the air. 90% of the league throws when you have success passing. Apparently we still want to run at that time.

20 carries for 51 yards.

Even if you take out that last drive, Jason's stats show that we were having success moving the ball in the air. 90% of the league throws when you have success passing. Apparently we still want to run at that time.

20 carries for 51 yards.

The current QB doesn't open up the running game. I wish he could and did. It is as simple as that. We need to run the ball.

The current QB doesn't open up the running game. I wish he could and did. It is as simple as that. We need to run the ball.

The postgame analysts, for the most part, said what I've posted multiple times in threads here. There was widespread confusion about why the playcalling refused to use the Giants weakness (pass defense). We kept on wasting plays running.

Meanwhile what did the Giants do at one time?

Did anyone notice that Ahmad Bradshaw caught a short pass out of the backfield 3 times in a row? The reason? The Skins D left him uncovered twice (and I think a penalty negated one of those plays). Good offenses use your weakness against you, not stupidly keep on doing something that isn't working.

I don't see the gameplan in Zorn's actions. I don't see the adaptation. He appears, to me, to be in over his head with playcalling. That's my read from week 1, but if he's playcalling next week, we can hope he can at least see his mistake and rectify it. Last year we also started poorly against the Giants (looked sloppy, unprepared, and personnel was used badly - e.g. Cooley as a blocker). That, by the way, also strikes me as bad coaching.

Let's see, every play that had Sellers motion to the left was a Portis run to the left. Hell, Zorn called two similar plays twice in a row(run to the left) and almost never went to the right or up the gut. Predictablity at its finest.

20 carries for 51 yards.

I can see your point but I play the other card to that. Team stack the box because JC doesn't scare them. Therefore the QB cannot set up the run.

I agree with you though. The playcalling was AWFUL. Dreadful. However, the players still need to execute. JC contributed directly to 14 pts. His INT led to 7 and his fumble lead to the other.

He didn't step up in the pocket when there was pressure, and he didn't get rid of the football in any rhythm the whole game. The only bright spots I saw was Randle El in the passing game. Everything else was simply terrible.

Archived