Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Camp of Campbell

Heisenberg

A pro football coach saw enough in JC to give him the starting spot. Sage can only dream about that.

That doesn't make the decision right. It will be interesting in Minn's camp this year but I have seen Sage listed in a FFL listing of QB's.

1.)Tampa--Until Josh Freeman (thier rookie QB) is ready to play.

2.)Cleveland

3.)Minnesota

4.)NY Jets--Until Mark Sanchez is ready to play

5.)San Francisco

6.)Oakland (Assuming Jamarcus Russell doesn't work out.)

That's about it.

1.)Tampa--OK

2.)Cleveland - No way. I would take either of those two over Jason in a heartbeat.

3.)Minnesota - Not me but I understand why.

4.)NY Jets--No they are set.

5.)San Francisco- NO, I would take Hill or Huard (#3) over Jason

6.)Oakland - This is the ONE team I really see him having a shot to play with.

Sanchez' first pass from his own 7 to 45 yard line.

First Drive 3 of 4 for 88 yards.

Drive ended in a rushing TD.

Just played the one series.

Three OL starters not playing.

Not to imply we should have traded away picks for him. Just Saying.

FTR I'm in The Camp of Campbell.

Against the Ravens last Thursday, Campbell played two offensive series and completed 3-of-6 passes for 38 yards. He converted three first downs, but he was not able to guide the offense across midfield on either drive.

Dont to bad of a night for JC i mean 3 of 6 turned into first downs...:silly:

I cant wait still sat. I will finally get to see a game on live TV...:D

Dont to bad of a night for JC i mean 3 of 6 turned into first downs...:silly:

I cant wait still sat. I will finally get to see a game on live TV...:D

Turned 3 into 1st downs? Not really the first was thrown 3 yards (another dump pass) that the blockers and runner "turned" into a first down. ARE's was put low were it should have been but I still (after watching it 3 times) don't thing ARE caught it. The best was the one to Cooley.

Todd had more success moving the ball down the field.

How low is the bar being set for Jason?

Even if he has a poor year, he will still get millions and millions of dollars in his next NFL contract.

That is why he is not worried at all about signing a new contract anytime soon. The bar is sitting on the ground for him.

What motivates this guy? Anything?

How low is the bar being set for Jason?

Even if he has a poor year, he will still get millions and millions of dollars in his next NFL contract.

That is why he is not worried at all about signing a new contract anytime soon. The bar is sitting on the ground for him.

What motivates this guy? Anything?

I'd like to know how you came to all those conclusions about Campbell. Because you dislike him isn't an answer, btw.

A pro football coach saw enough in JC to give him the starting spot. Sage can only dream about that.

Joe Gibbs was facing an unhappy fanbase and a meddling owner in 2006 when he had to make the decision to bench Mark Brunell, the steady, but unspectacular QB who led the skins to the playoffs the year before.

JC has been the default starter since then. He didnt win or "play for" anything. And too coincidental that Gibbs says there would be a QB competition had he stayed. Then Gibbs retires, and Zorn comes in. According to Jim Fassell, Zorn is hired because he is the only guy who will let campbell be the "unquestioned" starter. This was covered last year in the numerous threads about the HC search. Fassell and a few others said the same thing..

Then Gibbs retires, and Zorn comes in. According to Jim Fassell, Zorn is hired because he is the only guy who will let campbell be the "unquestioned" starter. This was covered last year in the numerous threads about the HC search. Fassell and a few others said the same thing..

No, several posters claimed they heard or read reports that other coaching candidates said the same thing. I never saw one link to back up their claims.

I'd like to know how you came to all those conclusions about Campbell. Because you dislike him isn't an answer, btw.

16-20, 13 TDs last year, the way the team looked MUCH better when he came out in 2007, the way he couldn't start for most other teams in the NFL.

I like Campbell. I couldn't tell from your comment whether you do or not.

As far as why i believe he will get big money regardless of whether he has a poor season, the following:

Campbell has a strong arm, and is a big guy, prototypical for an NFL QB. He is still young, and has had no really major injuries. He has been in the league for a few years now, and has been exposed to a variety of offenses and defenses. He probably has more unrealized potential than any QB in the league. Being a black QB is an advantage for him in several regards. The NFL needs black QBs. It is a fact, indisputable. This has nothing to do with whether he would get unfair consideration, positively or negatively. It does have a lot to do with the NFL brand. NFL teams are in the business to make money. An NFL team will pay Jason Campbell a lot of money because the return on investment will be high, automatically, and if he blossoms, the potential return could be enormous.

I hope this helps you.

I am more interested in what motivates him, and that factor is hugely vital to the success of the Washington Redskins. I follow the Skins very closely, as I have been a season ticket holder for now 32 years.

Have I disliked his performance? Yes.

Turned 3 into 1st downs? Not really the first was thrown 3 yards (another dump pass) that the blockers and runner "turned" into a first down. ARE's was put low were it should have been but I still (after watching it 3 times) don't thing ARE caught it. The best was the one to Cooley.

Todd had more success moving the ball down the field.

Sorry i'm just going off what i read i did not get a chance to watch the game but anyways this is were i got my info..

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/News___Notes__Campbell_Talks__Tough__47062.jsp

Against the Ravens last Thursday, Campbell played two offensive series and completed 3-of-6 passes for 38 yards. He converted three first downs, but he was not able to guide the offense across midfield on either drive.

I thought that Campbell's performance from the preseason game was OK. He got a C from me. He moved the ball somewhat, he made some one bad throw on third down, but I really couldn't blame him for that because Cooley and Betts missed that block and let Ray Lewis come in the middle and put the pressure on Campbell.

Archived