Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Camp of Campbell

Heisenberg

Rabach finished ranked 31st in pass protection and gave up 5.5 sacks. That's not even close to average. I wish I had the stats on the number of hurries and hits that were also his fault.

Where are you getting that stat? Not questioning it, but I would really like to see a site that has that stuff, so I can find out more info.

Yeah, I don't know why Rabach is held in such high regard by everybody at 'Skins park. But he is. They rave about him. I don't get it. Buges says he's great. Zorn says they're set at center. Cerato says the same thing. And they didn't bring in anybody to compete for the job.

So yeah, I dunno. My "above average" comment is really based on what everybody says about him. And the fact that they haven't tried to replace him.

But he cost the 'Skins plenty last season. Not as much as Jansen. But I thought he was the second weekest link on the line.

So without the penalty Jason would have had 14 TD's? Boy that makes a difference, why didn't I consider that before?

No, the point is without a penalty Jason would have had a TD on the picture BLC tried to bash.

Gee, you know why you didn't consider that? Because just like every other post from you, its clearly evident you spent the first half of your life watching the microwave run with the door open.

So without the penalty Jason would have had 14 TD's? Boy that makes a difference, why didn't I consider that before?

Because you dont consider alot of facts before you insert your foot in your mouth. Dont worry. Its not a knock on you. It's expected.

I don't think I'll ever forgive Rabach for that double hold in the 2005 Chargers game where the Skins were in FG range and he held TWO plays in a row to send the Skins back where Hall missed the 50+ yarder.

OT, then the rest is replayed on NFL network ALL THE TIME with LT breaking ST's tackle:doh:

Would have meant a home game in the playoffs that year.

That's why Jason Brown would have been a nice upgrade but I guess the Skins like this guy for some reason.

From Hogsgaven:

The QBs were the only unit that were front and center the entire practice for the crowd. It is crystal clear that Campbell is the best Quarterback of the four out there. And this is not me saying this is a fan or personal preference...it's just a fact after watching them all throw.

- Jason Campbell looked good

(Had a lot of zip on the ball, but had a couple of bad tosses and a couple plays where he held the ball too long. He had a gorgeous 30-yard pass to Todd Yoder, threading the ball through a lunging Laron Landry)

- Todd Collins did not look good today.

(Overthrows and didn't see a blitzer on another play)

- Colt Brennan was up and down

(Had some nice throws but missed fired on a cross pattern to Moss and held the ball too long on other plays)

Offense spent 15 minutes doing red zone drills. One of which was a corner slant to Malcolm Kelly who was 1-1 with Fred Smoot. Campbell threw a perfect ball, which Kelly went up for but Smoot made an incredible play to break it up. Too bad I didn't hear the audio afterwards on that.

From Hogsgaven:

The QBs were the only unit that were front and center the entire practice for the crowd. It is crystal clear that Campbell is the best Quarterback of the four out there. And this is not me saying this is a fan or personal preference...it's just a fact after watching them all throw.

- Jason Campbell looked good

(Had a lot of zip on the ball, but had a couple of bad tosses and a couple plays where he held the ball too long. He had a gorgeous 30-yard pass to Todd Yoder, threading the ball through a lunging Laron Landry)

- Todd Collins did not look good today.

(Overthrows and didn't see a blitzer on another play)

- Colt Brennan was up and down

(Had some nice throws but missed fired on a cross pattern to Moss and held the ball too long on other plays)

Offense spent 15 minutes doing red zone drills. One of which was a corner slant to Malcolm Kelly who was 1-1 with Fred Smoot. Campbell threw a perfect ball, which Kelly went up for but Smoot made an incredible play to break it up. Too bad I didn't hear the audio afterwards on that.

In a real NFL game that equals 2 ints and 2 sacks, no matter how he plays the other 40 or so plays. We probably lose that game because of one player not doing basic things like throwing the ball away instead of holding it forever. I have saw where he has been working all offseason but some of the same bone headed mistakes are still there.

In a real NFL game that equals 2 ints and 2 sacks, no matter how he plays the other 40 or so plays. We probably lose that game because of one player not doing basic things like throwing the ball away instead of holding it forever. I have saw where he has been working all offseason but some of the same bone headed mistakes are still there.

I'm pretty sure not even Peyton or Tom has perfect practices during camp, and they sure as heck don't play mistake-free during the season, either.

I don't think overthrowing a couple of balls and holding the ball too long during camp is indicative of anything just yet.

Dude. Settle. It's PRACTICE. This is where you WANT them to make mistakes. You want them to try different things in practice to see what will happen.

It's ok to screw up in practice. You screw up there, fix it, and do it right in the game.

If the QBs didn't throw any INTs in camp, I'd be very worried, both because it would say something about the defense, and also because it would say that they're not trying new things.

I'm pretty sure not even Peyton or Tom has perfect practices during camp, and they sure as heck don't play mistake-free during the season, either.

I don't think overthrowing a couple of balls and holding the ball too long during camp is indicative of anything just yet.

No, they probably have bad practices. And they make mistakes. But its Brady and Manning. Super Bowl winners and first ballot hall of famers.

Bad analogy.

And overthrowing the ball and holding it too long? That is Campbells MO for his entire career. Add checking down to the back or TE and add not pulling the trigger on open receivers (open in the NFL is not running open freely) and he is the same exact guy he has been for the last 4 years.

I don't care anout his mechanics or footwork. He areas of concern is in football gamesmanship and mental issues. If there is a treadmill for reading defenses and not double and triple clutching.... he needs to run about 600 miles on it.

No, they probably have bad practices. And they make mistakes. But its Brady and Manning. Super Bowl winners and first ballot hall of famers.

Bad analogy.

And overthrowing the ball and holding it too long? That is Campbells MO for his entire career. Add checking down to the back or TE and add not pulling the trigger on open receivers (open in the NFL is not running open freely) and he is the same exact guy he has been for the last 4 years.

I don't care anout his mechanics or footwork. He areas of concern is in football gamesmanship and mental issues. If there is a treadmill for reading defenses and not double and triple clutching.... he needs to run about 600 miles on it.

Actually, I completely disagree. If there is one thing that JC needs to work on it's accuracy. Accuracy doesn't just mean the guy catches it, but he catches it in stride and can do something after he catches it. This is the biggest weakness in JC's game.

His decision making and gamesmanship and lack of leadership are all over-blown. His accuracy is very questionable.

Actually, I completely disagree. If there is one thing that JC needs to work on it's accuracy. Accuracy doesn't just mean the guy catches it, but he catches it in stride and can do something after he catches it. This is the biggest weakness in JC's game.

His decision making and gamesmanship and lack of leadership are all over-blown. His accuracy is very questionable.

JC ranked 13th last year in YAC. Considering all the check downs, that's really not a bad number.

Bad analogy.

I'm just saying that you can't take two or three or four throws from a beginning of camp practice and say it shows he has improved or hasn't improved.

Like I said, it isn't indicative of anything. Maybe Campbell IS making the same mistakes. Maybe he improved.

Taking a few training camp plays and making a generalization about them, regardless of who it is, isn't any way to determine anything.

he should be much higher than that, especially running a WCO. i actually thought he was, sucks that he was only 13th.

My bad. I was thinking of a different stat. Should have said 8th.

And out of 14 teams (according to this list) that run the WCO or a very close variation, JC finished 4th.

Denver

Oak

Seattle

GB

Philly

Minnesota

TB

Houston

Jax

Atl

Wash

No