Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Camp of Campbell

Heisenberg

You mean, the our last visit to the playoffs????

JC gets hurt down the stretch and Collins picks up the slack. Al Saunders' offense is complex, but effective. When Campbell started to get the 600 pgs under his belt, Ol' Danny Boy ships Saunders out of town and starts from scratch. Why not promote Greg Williams or Al Saunders then??? This be the 4th season in the same system. Imagine the type of numbers Kansas City was putting up 3 years ago coupled with our (Greg Williams) Defense. Do you honestly believe that we would not be a winning team? The NFC is wide open. We should have taken better advantage...

HAIL

There's a good chance the prevailing thought was JC was never going to figure out Saunders offense.

Bringing in Zorn was an attempt to bring in a more simplified offense that JC COULD learn more effectively, there have been a lot of mediocre QB's who have really shined in the WCO who failed miserably every where else. I beleive that is a huge reason why Zorn was hired, to bring value to the JC pick, also a big reason why there is no open competition at QB, the organization as a whole is committed into making JC a bonafide NFL QB, kind of the same philosophy Dr. Frankenstein had, and so far the same results.

There's a good chance the prevailing thought was JC was never going to figure out Saunders offense.

Bringing in Zorn was an attempt to bring in a more simplified offense that JC COULD learn more effectively' date=' there have been a lot of mediocre QB's who have really shined in the WCO who failed miserably every where else. I beleive that is a huge reason why Zorn was hired, to bring value to the JC pick, also a big reason why there is no open competition at QB, the organization as a whole is committed into making JC a bonafide NFL QB, kind of the same philosophy Dr. Frankenstein had, and so far the same results.[/quote']

More specualtion brought to you by "The Hammer'in Hog"...

You mean, the our last visit to the playoffs????

JC gets hurt down the stretch and Collins picks up the slack. Al Saunders' offense is complex, but effective. When Campbell started to get the 600 pgs under his belt, Ol' Danny Boy ships Saunders out of town and starts from scratch. Why not promote Greg Williams or Al Saunders then??? This be the 4th season in the same system. Imagine the type of numbers Kansas City was putting up 3 years ago coupled with our (Greg Williams) Defense. Do you honestly believe that we would not be a winning team? The NFC is wide open. We should have taken better advantage...

HAIL

They dumbed it down for Jason and then when Todd went in everyone picked it up a step and they clicked. Like they all were recharged and won out. Todd not only knew the ENTIRE system he knew how to run it as the QB and Field General which is what a QB needs to be.

Funny thing, if the Skins go 0-3 or 3-0 for the first 3 games, this thread will pop up either way. I told you so's on both sides.

This is what I wan't to see. Some passion. Imagine someone taking a cheap shot on Jason and he gets up and smacks the guy right in the mouth. We all know that's not Jason but I can hear "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background. These players would get behind him 110% and play their ***** off for him. I tired of the nonchalant air he carries.

I'll cheer for you again, but man, i need to be inspired!!!!!

Funny thing, if the Skins go 0-3 or 3-0 for the first 3 games, this thread will pop up either way. I told you so's on both sides.

This is what I wan't to see. Some passion. Imagine someone taking a cheap shot on Jason and he gets up and smacks the guy right in the mouth. We all know that's not Jason but I can hear "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background. These players would get behind him 110% and play their ***** off for him. I tired of the nonchalant air he carries.

I can live with that and it's a great point.

Agreed.

If the WCO is so simplified, why did Hasselbeck and Steve Young say it takes three years to learn?

Maybe they weren't that bright either?

I do think you misunderstand that statement, it may take 3 years to learn the entire offense, but it doesn't take 3 years to have success with it.

See Rich Gannon a do nothing QB until he fell into the WCO, then MVP.

Elvis Grbac, horrible QB got himself a nice payday because of the WCO.

Jeff Garcia, can't run anything but WCO, whys that?

WCO is a simplified dink and dunk passing scheme, with many various plays, that is where the time is spent. memorizing the play book.

The problem JC has is that he can't execute the part's of the offense he does know, you need touch and anticipation to have success in the WCO, JC has neither.

There is a reason T. Bradshaw never respected or thought that much of the WCO QB's. He thought it was designed for success for lesser talented QB's. Which IMO is a very smart idea, but no real assessment of a QB's true talents, and the fact that JC went backwards last year with it, doesn't say much for him.

But with that said we all know JC is a great QB, don't we?:koolaid:

You know one thing I will say in defense of JC, I don't think he's nonchalant in the sense that he doesn't care, I believe he does, but I just think he is so far over his head in the NFL that he really doesn't know how, or what to do.

How do you fire a team up when you can't make a play yourself? QB's have to lead by example and he can't. You cannot get on guy's if you yourself can't get the job done, that is the fastest way to lose your teammates support.

How do you fire a team up when you can't make a play yourself? QB's have to lead by example and he can't. You cannot get on guy's if you yourself can't get the job done' date=' that is the fastest way to lose your teammates support.[/quote']

And you can show us an example of JC losing his teammates support? Or an example of the team's support for JC even slipping a notch?

Didn't think so.

Everything I have read is exactly the opposite of what you are saying, both in terms of respect and leadership.

Jason will have a great season. He needs to know its all or nothing. Don't be afraid to throw picks. Drill your receivers. Our D will help if he makes some mistakes. Jason Campbell will have his best season this year I am 100% sure barring injuries.

You know one thing I will say in defense of JC' date=' I don't think he's nonchalant in the sense that he doesn't care, I believe he does, but I just think he is so far over his head in the NFL that he really doesn't know how, or what to do.

[/quote']

Great defense. You should be a lawyer!

And you can show us an example of JC losing his teammates support? Or an example of the team's support for JC even slipping a notch?

Didn't think so.

Everything I have read is exactly the opposite of what you are saying, both in terms of respect and leadership.

You really need to take some reading lessons before you continue to post.

You know one thing I will say in defense of JC' date=' I don't think he's nonchalant in the sense that he doesn't care, I believe he does, but I just think he is so far over his head in the NFL that he really doesn't know how, or what to do.

How do you fire a team up when you can't make a play yourself? QB's have to lead by example and he can't. You cannot get on guy's if you yourself can't get the job done, that is the fastest way to lose your teammates support.[/quote']

oh, I think he cares and is passionate in his own way. Others have a very hard time seeing it though. An example, Favre. That guy looked like a kid everytime he threw a TD. Even to the end. And remember when he bounced up and shoved Warren Sapp around. Stuff like that goes a LONG way.

One thing that really impressed my is JC's rushing last year. Near the end of the season, I remember yelling many times "RUN IT JASON". Good things usually happened when he tucked the ball and ran. He can lead and make plays , just not consistent enough.

You really need to take some reading lessons before you continue to post.

I can read just fine. You don't back up what you say with fact, but you still throw out innuendos and negative scenarios all over the place hoping people will think your smoke actually signals a fire. I get it.

I cant wait until jason leads us to another 7-9 season, with 3120 yards, 12 TD's and 7 INT's. I'm not looking forward to that because of the losing record he will inevitably lead us to, but I just can't wait to see the new and improved excuses JC fans come up with next offseason. Although, I gotta say, I dont think they can beat all the ones I've seen this offseason.

Archived