Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Camp of Campbell

Heisenberg

Wrong!!! Go look up the stats fella. JC had a 7.6 YPA average up until around week 8. Also, if he only looks to 1 or 2 receivers, please explain why so many receivers have so many catches.

BTW..sign me up. I want to be a crow chef!!!

Because the first and second reads on a lot of plays aren't automatically ARE and Moss. And if you compare his completions on third down to the loss of downs you will find he was throwing to targets that were yards shy of the first marker almost 85% of the time. He still doesn't understand the cover-2 defense and how just because the receiver looks open.... when you release slowly and stare a guy down.... the safety and corner have a jump on making the tackle before the receiver can turn up field.

Honestly think Jason will do well if you take the curl, curl and drag, sluggo and hook option routes out of the playbook. He never makes those patterns work. Sure, he makes completions 60% of the time... but getting 8 yards when you need 9 and getting 13 when you need 15 is basically a waste of a down. Unless you factor in the punter who nets 36 on average.... which is a whole other can of worms.

But yeah, I will eat Crow for two of us if he lights it up this year. But if I see 50% checkdowns and missed 15+ yard completions.... we could go 16-0 and I will still call for a non-game manager QB come offseason. That may sound rediculous but I would LOVE to have a guy who has to worry more about setting single season records than playing not to lose his job.

:2cents:

Because the first and second reads on a lot of plays aren't automatically ARE and Moss. And if you compare his completions on third down to the loss of downs you will find he was throwing to targets that were yards shy of the first marker almost 85% of the time. He still doesn't understand the cover-2 defense and how just because the receiver looks open.... when you release slowly and stare a guy down.... the safety and corner have a jump on making the tackle before the receiver can turn up field.

Honestly think Jason will do well if you take the curl, curl and drag, sluggo and hook option routes out of the playbook. He never makes those patterns work. Sure, he makes completions 60% of the time... but getting 8 yards when you need 9 and getting 13 when you need 15 is basically a waste of a down. Unless you factor in the punter who nets 36 on average.... which is a whole other can of worms.

But yeah, I will eat Crow for two of us if he lights it up this year. But if I see 50% checkdowns and missed 15+ yard completions.... we could go 16-0 and I will still call for a non-game manager QB come offseason. That may sound rediculous but I would LOVE to have a guy who has to worry more about setting single season records than playing not to lose his job.

:2cents:

I hear you on that. I am SOOOOOO tired of checkdowns as well. I would like to see more of the field streching type plays, but that cant happen without protection. If you are getting hit on 3 steps, you DEFINITLEY are not getting the ball downfield anytime soon.

You are right he is a good qb. Not a better then average, not a pretty good, not a great QB. It does not matter how many recievers you give him he will only look at his first two WR's then check down. The reason he did so good in the beginning of the years is he did not throw balls longer then 20 yards. When Zorn started to open up the offense JC was 2-6. Now if we want to run a "Vanilla" offense then yes I say keep JC. But we will not blow people out of games and we will depend strongly on our defense to keep us in games. Which I think our defense can do. But they will be tired when it comes time for the playoffs.
Spoken like a guy who didn't watch the first OR second half of the season.

I'm on board - GO CAMPBELL!

I can't see the Church of Chase thread on page 1 anymore, I'll convert.

I'll join any denomination as long as it's a Skins denomination. I hope I'm accepted in all.

I'm a Camper, Cult follower and Church goer. And I sing in the Chorus of Collins. :halo: :evilg:

I like camping wit JC.........im In

I know this is his last chance to shine with this team.But I honestly do believe he can at least have a good enough year to get us to the playoffs and for him to get an extension!

They won't say much besides the usual "I'm glad things are going good for us, in the end, we're all fans, so enough with the 'call-out' threads!". Then you'll notice their post count decrease rapidly. :hysterical:

i will make a call out thread for myself if campbell throws more than 20 TDs. if you could throw E-tomatoes at me like they did in the middle ages id sign myself up and let you campbell guys have it.

dont put me in with that group you think you have pegged. i have no problem admitting when im way off.

i will make a call out thread for myself if campbell throws more than 20 TDs. if you could throw E-tomatoes at me like the middle ages id sign myself up and let you campbell guys have it.

dont put me in with that group you think you have pegged. i have no problem admitting when im way off.

Let me co-sign on that thread when he does get them 20 tds

:logo: I am and will always be a Jason Campbell supporter as long as he is the QB for this team. I believe he has the potential to do good things in this league and he has shown sparks of his greatness on a couple of occasions. Positive things I like about Campbell-

Considering he was sacked 4th most in the NFL last season he managed to rank 3rd in least interceptions thrown. He also ranked 16th in passing yards and 14th in completions; not impressive but not bad either.

People always bring up the fact that JC doesn’t have the touchdowns other QB's have, but with our running game I wouldn't expect Jay Cutler or Drew Bree type numbers. He is just as good a QB as Roethlisberger.

I'm very optimistic about this upcoming season and if our defense is as special on the field as it looks on paper then JC is the QB for us. We need a QB that won't make stupid decisions. I believe in ya JC. :logo:

I am and will always be a Jason Campbell supporter as long as he is the QB for this team.I believe he has the potential to do good things in this league and he has shown sparks of his greatness on a couple of occasions.Positive things I like about Campbell

Considering he was sacked 4th most in the NFL last season he managed to rank 3rd in least interceptions thrown. He also ranked 16th in passing yards and 14th in completions; not impressive but not bad either.

People always bring up the fact that JC doesn’t have the touchdowns other QB's have, but with our running game I wouldn't expect Jay Cutler or Drew Bree type numbers. He is just as good a QB as Roethlisberger.

I'm very optimistic about this upcoming season and if our defense is as special on the field as it looks on paper then JC is the QB for us. We need a QB that won't make stupid decisions. I believe in ya JC.

You forgot to add in his 30th ranked TD percentage and his 25th ranked YPA. He doesnt get it done when it matters most. He's every bit as good as roethlisberger? The two super bowl rings on big ben's right hand laugh at that comment. With our running game, campbell should have an EASIER time throwing it. Teams with zero running game allow opposing defenses to load up vs. the pass, which would shut down the passing game. Teams loaded up against the RUN last year, giving campbell the opportunity to make some long throws and make them pay. He just didnt take advantage of it. Teams didnt respect our passing attack, and campbell didnt make them pay. Now, had we not had a running game, campbell's stats would have been more atrocious.

count me out. campbell has not shown me anything other then he is not an nfl qb. i dont like the back ups either ,but id play either one of them over campbell. all i hear from campbell people is excuse after excuse. i live in va beach and know many redskins fans, not one likes him as the qb. where are his supporters at?

Archived