Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Camp of Campbell

Heisenberg

Everyone compare McNabb and JC's numbers from last year. Then consider the talent difference on both the oline and WRs.

This move will be looked back upon the same as many veteran signings we've made in the past; not worth it.

QFT.

Campbell is a better QB after five seasons than McNabb was after the same amount of time. Prepare to be disappointed, Campbell haters. We JC supporters will be vindicated by this trade... unfortunately, that means another year or more of mediocrity in Landover.

The irony of this trade for me was -- I was in Campbell's camp until the first game with the eagles last year.

You have to believe that this trade means that (the) Shanahan(s) and Allen also are not in this camp with you all. Do you really think that your opinion (in the camp of campbell) is right and theirs is wrong?

You have to believe that this trade means that (the) Shanahan(s) and Allen also are not in this camp with you all. Do you really think that your opinion (in the camp of campbell) is right and theirs is wrong?

In a word... yes.

I might not have an NFL coach's technical knowledge of offensive schemes and QB play, but I fancy myself something of a "quarterback aficionado." I have a pretty good record of predicting QB success (I can't prove this to you, so you don't have to believe me, but it's true, and it's a big part of why I win my fantasy football leagues every year). I don't think McNabb can do anything Campbell can't at this point in their respective careers. Also, Shanahan's record of QB evaluation is, at best, mediocre.

So, yes, I think I know better than the coach. If I didn't, I wouldn't be a Redskins fan, now, would I?

Campbell is a better QB after five seasons than McNabb was after the same amount of time. Prepare to be disappointed, Campbell haters. We JC supporters will be vindicated by this trade..

Why don't you go follow your Lord and Savior to another team.

But more importantly, how stupid do you sound comparing McNabb after 5 seasons to Jason Campbell. Do you know how ignorant you must be to believe that a guy who immediately made the Eagles a winner (once he took over) and went to NFC title games right away to a loser who can't even lead his team to points--EVEN in 2007 in his second year in a system, third in the league and the team needed to have him get hurt to make the playoffs and score points?

After 5 seasons, he was in the Pro Bowl FOUR times and had an impressive winning percentage and playoff wins?

Jason is simply nowhere NEAR mcNabb in their first five years. That you would even say something so incredibly ignorant tells me you are too young to know what McNabb was like and that you simply look at statistics to inform your opinion, like most ignorant JC supporters, you're simply too young to know the difference between them. But JC wasn't even a winner, this isn't like Philly fans towards McNabb, they went to important games with him---JC has done NOTHING and it's only Brunell and Todd of late that have been responsible at the QB position for any great moments we've had.

You have to believe that this trade means that (the) Shanahan(s) and Allen also are not in this camp with you all.

Yeah, these people are hilarious. Shanahan said he would look at the tape of EVERY SNAP of Campbell's and make a decision.

It was clear that trying to get Bradford and Clausen and now McNabb what that evaluation meant.

Let's see the Shanahans, both who turned mediocre or adequate QBs into quality performers....or some 23 year old who thinks Campbell is a better QB at this point than McNabb was after 5 years??? Who should I choose?!

BTW, when I spent time focusing in my leagues, I win them and watched Tom Brady in person and thought he'd be great and 'clutch' in a system that allowed him to spread the field and surgically carve up a defense. I've been wrong on Qbs but I've been right too (Phil Rivers and Big Ben for two) but I just think it's hilarious you think you're a QB "guy" when I predicted what the ultimate result of Brunell's time here would be before we even made the trade.

Sorry, even as far as "Qb Aficionados" go, I'm taking my word. Especially as far as looking at BAD QBs like Jason Campbell and knowing that you won't win with them.

Apparently, Shanahan agrees.

In a word... yes.

I might not have an NFL coach's technical knowledge of offensive schemes and QB play, but I fancy myself something of a "quarterback aficionado." I have a pretty good record of predicting QB success (I can't prove this to you, so you don't have to believe me, but it's true, and it's a big part of why I win my fantasy football leagues every year). I don't think McNabb can do anything Campbell can't at this point in their respective careers. Also, Shanahan's record of QB evaluation is, at best, mediocre.

So, yes, I think I know better than the coach. If I didn't, I wouldn't be a Redskins fan, now, would I?

It seems to me that this kind of thinking is leading to those who support the redskins versus those supporting campbell.

In any case, I think Shanahan's and Allen's opinion of qbs carry just a tad bit more weight than your opinion of qbs and also Shanahan's and Allen's evaluating skills.

It seems to me that this kind of thinking is leading to those who support the redskins versus those against campbell.

In any case, I think Shanahan's and Allen's opinion of qbs carry just a tad bit more weight than your opinion of qbs and also Shanahan's and Allen's evaluating skills.

You're perfectly entitled to that opinion, and frankly I'd be surprised if you took me at my word about how smart I am, never having met me.

My point is, Mike Shanahan has coached two "all-time great" (although I could argue about Elway) quarterbacks, both of whom he inherited. Of the guys he has chosen on his own, his record is not very good. I feel like I have a pretty good eye for QBs, and that eye tells me this move is not an upgrade. I hope I'm wrong, because I want my team to win, but I think the odds are better that we're in for another mediocre season.

And as far as me being a Jason Campbell fan vs a Redskin fan... I had no vested interest in Campbell before he came to the Redskins. I have supported him strongly over the past 2 or 3 years as the Redskins' best option at QB (compared to drafting Matt Stafford, starting Colt Brennan, etc), because I want to see the team do well. That's why this move upsets me--I just can't see it as an improvement. I think McNabb and Campbell are comparable players who happen to be at different ends of their careers, with Campbell on the way up, and McNabb down. In 2010, I think they are about equivalent options, with Campbell getting the slight edge because he's younger, healthier, and cheaper.

It seems to me that this kind of thinking is leading to those who support the redskins versus those supporting campbell.

That's been the problem. And no matter what, I still wanted to WIN, even if I wanted someone else to do well when they moved on. When I see people wishing injury on OUR QB because of their attachment to Campbell it makes me ill.

More importantly, Shanahan is not just SOME coach. He's won with Plummer and Griese, he turned Elway from a "choker" who was almost traded a few years before Shan got there to a REPEAT champion. If you would trust ANYONE"s evaluation on a QB, it would have to be him.

Also remember that this is almost as much about what it says about Campbell as it is McNabb. Hey, maybe this trade doesn't work out, but it's clear that it's not going to work out with Jason. You have to move on and they felt like almost anyone was an upgrade for the long-term than Campbell.

That means something.

Everyone compare McNabb and JC's numbers from last year. Then consider the talent difference on both the oline and WRs.

This move will be looked back upon the same as many veteran signings we've made in the past; not worth it.

McNabb has won division titles with James Thrash as his number one receiver and no running game to speak of. He played behind a very suspect o-line last year and unlike JC, he can read defenses and attack them.

JC's stats aren't bad except where it counts: scoring points and winning games. No matter the scheme or personnel, he always played not to lose, not to make a mistake. He simply doesn't see the field or at least has never learned to trust what he sees.

I really like the guy and wish him the best... but man oh man, it is going to be nice to have a QB who will go after a defense instead of check down to Cooley immediately no matter how much time he has.

QFT.

Campbell is a better QB after five seasons than McNabb was after the same amount of time. Prepare to be disappointed, Campbell haters. We JC supporters will be vindicated by this trade... unfortunately, that means another year or more of mediocrity in Landover.

Bwhahahaha this is one of the funniest things I have ever read on here.

You can hope for vindication but even if it happens it won't be in a Skins uni as far as JC is concerned. JC can't lead and can't play at NFL speed that is why he is 19-32 lifetime and 6-18 in the last 24.

McNabb is a pure leader and has a little bit of that gunslinger in him that JC can only dream about. Shanny loves leaders and gunslingers so you do the math.

I hope JC ends up in Oakland behind JR

Mike Shanahan looks at our line (and the rest of his plan, I'm assuming) and thinks differently--and our receiving corps is actually more talented than Eagles--what the hell is wrong with you people?

The players think well of the move (implying McNabb is a superior leader and performer compared to JC) and AGAIN, you people and your reliance on NUMBERS.

LOOK AT THE ____ GAMES. Here's a number for you, Campbell is historically bad (like bottom 5-10) for TD efficiency.

its unbelievable man. our whole front office and coaching staff knew how bad JC was and how there was no way to win with him, so we went out and got a good QB, and people are crying about it.

mcnabb has always had better numbers than campbell. and he always will, because mcnabb is good, and campbell isnt. its why campbell will never play a down for this team again and why he'll probably never play a full season as a starter again: dude just aint good.

i havent felt this relieved in a long time. to actually look forward to being optimistic about this team again is a nice feeling. i just hope we continue to build some youth at other positions, namely oline and defense.

Archived