Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Camp of Campbell

Heisenberg

mistertim:

It is called mathematical statistics .... trend analysis ... optimal soln ... linear programming.

It is a mathematical model mate.

Bascially it is Jason Campbells performance algorithm... why ya think the Fo wanted to trade him... this is old news.

Those are very cool terms, but I wasn't asking what statistics or trend analysis was (or what exactly this all has to do with linear programming...unless you're trying to figure out how to optimize Campbell's performance). I was asking what the article he referenced said they used in their quantitative and qualitative analysis and how they weight different stats or aspects of his game; whether or not they took into account this or that, etc.

mistertim,

Um... yeah ..... if you really understood those terms you would understand how stupid your post sounds to me.

These techniques have been used for decades.

I bow down to your superior mathematical Inernet prowess. You may now look in the mirror and flex with the knowledge of a job well done.

Anyway, the stuff you're talking about only takes into account QUANTITATIVE variables. I was curious what other things they took into account that can't necessarily be quantified and thrown into an equation such as position upgrades, system familiarity, etc. I was just curious if they included that stuff and how or if they simply used trend analysis based on prior season numbers.

Besides, the question wasn't even posed to you. It had nothing to do with you. It was a specific question I asked, without any malicious intent, to a specific poster who gave the information. Yet you felt the need to jump in and throw some sort of mathematical weight around without actually bothering (or likely caring at all) to find out what exactly I was asking for. Bravo.

No matter what camp you belong in' date=' you can't argue with the fact that Campbell has been the embodiment of a Redskin throughout his career here.

He's been treated horribly by our coaching staff/GM/Owner, some of the fans here, and hasn't played the best. He still stays unwaveringly loyal to our Redskins, to the team, and to its players.

He may not be the best QB, but he's definitely one of the best teammates to have on any team.

My 2 cents.[/quote']

FTW. I hope hes a Skin for life.

I want nothing more than to eat crow but this guy isn't going to make anyone who doubts him do it. He's a buzzkill, a flatliner. Talented yes, winner no. I mean Todd ******* Collins came in for him and showed more in four games in 2007 than he's ever shown in now what will be the third year of his development.

I want nothing more than to eat crow but this guy isn't going to make anyone who doubts him do it. He's a buzzkill, a flatliner. Talented yes, winner no. I mean Todd ******* Collins came in for him and showed more in four games in 2007 than he's ever shown in now what will be the third year of his development.

Todd was and is a systems guy for Al Saunders yeah he showed us how Al's 700+ page book worked but what did he for us in his 5th showing in the playoffs in 07? 2killing ints and a weak arm....Now why did Todd do so bad in his 5th showing for us??....uuummm cause are o-line sucked it up big time(yes i know that there were injurys too) but JC played good to take us to a 6-2 record last year when the line was playing good so when the line plays good JC does good not great but good(1754 yard 8TD's and ZERO Int's) . I"ll take JC over Todd anyday of the week..

Zorn's preseason plan is perplexing.

Jason's only thrown 13 passes.

And the haters are out in full force.

But, i'm not worried Jason can handle this BS preseason too.

But a lot of his inspiration for this season came from a fishing trip he took to Brett Favre's farm in Hattiesburg, Miss. Campbell grew up a few miles down the road and has had access to Favre's ponds (bass and perch) for a couple of years. Campbell and his father had been fishing for a couple of hours one day in late June when Favre showed up for a visit.

"Brett told me he knew how hard it was to change systems all the time," said Campbell, who has already been in three different systems in Washington. "He said it was important to play my game and not to forget what it was that got me to this point."

Campbell said Favre talked to him that day for more than an hour. He talked about his struggles in Green Bay early in his career and said that it took five seasons for him to feel completely comfortable in the Packers' system.

"He told me that every coach and every coordinator is different and that they wanted to teach you the game their way," Campbell said. "He told me to forget about all the stuff swirling around and go play my game."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-13-134/Guess-who-Jason-Campbell-turned-to-.html

campbellfeat.jpg

I can't wait for the regular season to start!

Check the hate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naOaqJJy9Z8

"I understand how big this year is and the magnitude of it," Campbell said. "But preseason is about trying things and seeing what would work. You can't be out here trying to play perfect for people so they can be happy. You have to work on things that could help us in the season.

"Right now, I'm doing a lot of good things that are not showing up in the stats, and that's fine because we're working on some things. It's not about the stats now. You're never going to please everyone anyway, but I'm confident in my abilities. I also know there are people out there that don't believe in me, and that's fine."

Jason Reid's Article

hopefully this will quiet the nay sayers down a bit

the patriots aren't the best D in the league, but the fact that they kept pace is a good thing.

i'm wondering if they revealed too much of their playbook in interest of quieting critics... i saw a lot of pick plays, that i hadn't seen efore... thats my only concern.

Archived