Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Camp of Campbell

Heisenberg

I feel like we just have to let it go with the JC issue....i feel like barring an injury or divine intervention, we have him all 16 games this year, and in the off-season he will be released....

unless hes playing well, there no way hes playing 16 games. remember samuels comments? hes got 6-7 to prove himself. last weeks preseason game he didnt help his cause playing safe football and not leading the team past the 50 yard line on either drive.

lets hope he has some more success against the steelers on saturday.

I hope you're right, BLC....I hope Zorn even makes it look like he cares and benches JC if he gets off to a terrible start....

he will. there is no way hes gonna go down without a fight. he'll put collins or colt in and give them a shot. but campbell has half the year. just think 2006 with brunell. his last game was that 27-3 drudging in philly. i was there in the freezing cold rain watching us get destroyed being laughed at by philly fans. i was so excited when i got home and found out campbell was starting the next week against tampa.

unless hes playing well, there no way hes playing 16 games. remember samuels comments? hes got 6-7 to prove himself. last weeks preseason game he didnt help his cause playing safe football and not leading the team past the 50 yard line on either drive.

lets hope he has some more success against the steelers on saturday.

LOL BLC hoping Campbell has success, thats a first and I'm sure you don't mean it.

yeah, i want our QB to fail so we can have a miserable season. thats exactly what i want. losing is so much fun! :doh:

Well, some Cult members are pretty much saying that....

PFT on Players you can't hate:

1. Jason Campbell. [My gosh], this guy has been screwed over the last couple months. Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato did everything in their power to let Campbell know he's unappreciated and unwanted. They tried to trade for Jay Cutler, they tried to trade for Mark Sanchez, and there are rumors that if Campbell falters at all this year, Colt Brennan will be brought in. Yet through it all, Campbell has shown remarkable maturity few players in the league would in similar situations. He[ck], if Cutler so much as finds out his team's G.M. so much as looks at another quarterback, he's gonna fold his arms, have himself a good pout, then have Bus Cook calling ESPN saying he wants to be traded within the hour. Granted, Campbell is not the greatest quarterback in the world, but he's not the liability he's being made out to be by his own team, and he certainly gives you a better chance to win than Mark Sanchez. So, however you feel about the Redskins (barf), it'd be great to see Campbell lead the team to an 11-5 record and a playoff win if for no other reason than just to make Snyder and Cerrato look like idiots for probably the 300th time just that week.

PFT on Players you can't hate:

Campbell is not the greatest quarterback in the world, but he's not the liability he's being made out to be by his own team, and he certainly gives you a better chance to win than Mark Sanchez. So, however you feel about the Redskins (barf), it'd be great to see Campbell lead the team to an 11-5 record and a playoff win if for no other reason than just to make Snyder and Cerrato look like idiots for probably the 300th time just that week.

This would be so nice IF he did lead us to 11-5..:laugh:......But even IF that happend to think that he would want to stick around with the skins next year?...

He wont be here next year unless he wins League MVP and takes us to a SuperBowl Win.

Not gonna happen this year, and next year we will be better off. The campbell experiment has failed miserably.

most likely true barring some crazy chain of events this season. im already thinking about what were gonna do next season. if colt isnt gonna play or get his chance, and if jason fails, we need a QB. i guess we'd draft one, but i dont think we'll do terrible enough this year to have a really good slot.

unless we can sign phillip rivers, id be glad vinny was our GM that day. and only for that day of course lol!

Leave and have to learn yet another system?
Learn ANOTHER system?????? That implies that he has learned one.

While I am at it. Will somebody please tell my why Campbell, the known weak link in the offense, throws 6 passes in a quarter of his first pre-season game, while Hall of Famer Tom Brady risks his knee to throw 15 passes in a half of his?

Let's face it bluntly. The offense stunk last year. The defense carried the team to its mediocre status.

What we need is an offense that can dominate like we did so many years ago; a time that is not yet lost in memory.

Nobody in the 2008 offense gets a pass, no punt intended.

CBS Sportsline projects the following stats for Jason Campbell.

322-512 62.9% 3,598 yards 16 TDs 11 INTs

In terms of TDs, that puts him ranked 26th.

I'm guessing that with all the line problems, dropped passes, etc., it is just not fair to expect exceptional play from Jason.

In all my years of watching NFL football, i have never seen an orchestrated reduction of expectations for a starting QB than here.

It is a victim mentality, not conducive to winning football.

I refuse to give in.

No matter what camp you belong in, you can't argue with the fact that Campbell has been the embodiment of a Redskin throughout his career here.

He's been treated horribly by our coaching staff/GM/Owner, some of the fans here, and hasn't played the best. He still stays unwaveringly loyal to our Redskins, to the team, and to its players.

He may not be the best QB, but he's definitely one of the best teammates to have on any team.

My 2 cents.

Did they explain exactly how they came up with these numbers?

mistertim:

It is called mathematical statistics .... trend analysis ... optimal soln ... linear programming.

It is a mathematical model mate.

Bascially it is Jason Campbells performance algorithm... why ya think the Fo wanted to trade him... this is old news.

Did they explain exactly how they came up with these numbers?

No, but here is their analysis:

Jason Campbell, WAS

Jason Campbell will finally have some continuity as it relates to his offensive

scheme. Not until now have the Redskins had the same coach running the

same offense in consecutive years, and it's thanks to Jim Zorn being the head

coach and de facto offensive coordinator. Campbell posted his career-best

totals in 2008, completing 315-of-506 passes (62.3 pct.) for 3,245 yards (6.41

yards per attempt) with 13 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also rushed

for 258 yards and a touchdown and fumbled the ball away only once. Campbell

will be in a contract year in 2009, so he'll be plenty motivated to have a big

year so he'll be compensated well by the wild-spending Redskins. The only

negative is that he's never been a big stat master -- he's had two career 300-