Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Camp of Campbell

Heisenberg

Weather we like it or not he's our leader and I will be pulling for him. I will only give him 5 games to prove himself and nothing more. Games 1 and 5 will be his biggest test and if he can beat either NY or Carolina, then I will know he has taken that extra step that he needed, and I will be much more confident in him than in the past, that's for sure. There is no reason not to destroy the Lions and Rams this time, a loss to either one because of the lack of scoring, then we know he's the same ole Campbell.

darrel, sorry it took so long.

Here's the comments I was referring to.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810f996f&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

"There are still double-standards in this league for African-American quarterbacks. You have to be great to be good. And others who are half as good are considered great. That is not an excuse, that is a fact. I don't make excuses

And this is the thread in which it was posted.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=290650

darrelgreenie:

Most members, other then me, don't waste time arguing with you, BLC, Mahons,Zskins and the rest of your crew.

They are used to your groups loosely or completely unsupported claims.

BRAVEONAWARPATH viewpost.gif

I'm assuming you want proof that JC brought up the black QB issue?

And if thats the case, give me a little while and I'll provide it.

Well, you know what they say when you assume?

You're creating a strawman, no need to put words in my mouth.

Originally Posted by BRAVEONAWARPATH viewpost.gif

Jason seems to always mention that he's not the only problem with the Skins(which is true) but I've never heard him say that he is at fault for anything.

But perhaps he has said it and I just missed it...:whoknows:

Originally Posted by darrelgreenie viewpost.gif

B.S. I've listened to almost every presser and JC has said that about once.

If he's said it so much cite it or link it.

Obviously you didn't read the entire thread because I was proven wrong and I admitted it. ;)

I've read the thread after you make your post and i don't see where you admit that JC doesn't always mention that he's not the only problem.

I have a pretty good recall and JC has been quoted alot.

Surley if he says always mentions something you can cite it more then once?

Well, you know what they say when you assume?

You're creating a strawman, no need to put words in my mouth.

I've read the thread after you make your post and i don't see where you admit that JC doesn't always mention that he's not the only problem.

I have a pretty good recall and JC has been quoted alot.

Surley if he says always mentions something you can cite it more then once?

If you were referring to the fact that I left the word "somewhat" at the end of my post...I just edited that.

Speaking about whatever you all are speaking about.

This must be a quote from Donovan McNabb, maybe Jason Campbell, or some other starting QB in the NFL. Or, maybe even Michael Vick?

"...I will be the next black quarterback to win a Super Bowl. And I will be in the Hall of Fame."

Vince Young, August 2009

Speaking about whatever you all are speaking about.

This must be a quote from Donovan McNabb, maybe Jason Campbell, or some other starting QB in the NFL. Or, maybe even Michael Vick?

"...I will be the next black quarterback to win a Super Bowl. And I will be in the Hall of Fame."

Vince Young, August 2009

Yeah, I saw that quote.

When preseason games start...

Colt Brennan has no margin for error when the preseason games start.

Todd Collins has no margin for error when the preseason games start.

Chase Daniel has no margin for error when the preseason games start.

Jason Campbell? Well, he has a big margin for errors. That is because he has to learn how to stretch the defense, in my opinion. I would rather see him throw seven TD's and seven interceptions during the preseason than see him throw 2 TD's and no interceptions.

I would rather see him miss on a 12 yard pass on third and 10 than see him complete a pass for 7 yards on third and 10.

If he comes out in his conservative shell like he did last year, it is going to be a long cold winter.

Jason Campbell? Well, he has a big margin for errors. That is because he has to learn how to stretch the defense, in my opinion. I would rather see him throw seven TD's and seven interceptions during the preseason than see him throw 2 TD's and no interceptions.

I would rather see him miss on a 12 yard pass on third and 10 than see him complete a pass for 7 yards on third and 10.

If he comes out in his conservative shell like he did last year, it is going to be a long cold winter.

Agree 100 percent. I hope JC plays the whole first quarter, That should give us a good idea of how much he has Improved. I'm glad there is no more excuses, I don't care if we lose has long we move the ball up field.

I agree with that as well. Except for the part where JC'S margin of errors lie. I just think Zorn has alot more patience with him.

Hopefully Zorn can get JC to take more chances.

I agree with that as well. Except for the part where JC'S margin of errors lie. I just think Zorn has alot more patience with him.

Hopefully Zorn can get JC to take more chances.

According to VOR JC is LIGHT years ahead of all other QBs on our team. Not years LIGHT years. I expect him to play like a 4 year vet. We should be able to look at JC and say this guy is our guy. There should be no comparison, JC has a 4 year spot on Chase and Colt. So he better play like it. If TC comes in and looks better, we better be concerned. It won't matter how good Colt or Chase look. (JZ won't chance the new guys.):doh:

According to VOR JC is LIGHT years ahead of all other QBs on our team. Not years LIGHT years. I expect him to play like a 4 year vet. We should be able to look at JC and say this guy is our guy. There should be no comparison, JC has a 4 year spot on Chase and Colt. So he better play like it. If TC comes in and looks better, we better be concerned. It won't matter how good Colt or Chase look. (JZ won't chance the new guys.):doh:

Apart from being quoted, I couldn't agree more with this. The guy's got to play like a 4 year vet. If he doesn't, he'll be not-playing for somebody else next year.

I can dig what your saying.....i wanna see JC too in the preseason shake that rust off rather then later in the season...But we also need that o-line to gel together in the preseason too so that JC has some time to stretch the defense but like you said i would rather see him put up 7TD's and 7Int's in the preseason rather then him put up 2TD's and no Int's...

I would like to see him throw the ball to where the balls supposed to go. I don't want him to force the ball into a completely covered receiver, because more bad things can happen than good things in that situation.

What I want to see is that if receivers are open, he hits them in stride. Even if that's short of the first down.

The WCO is predicated (theoretically) on getting the ball into the receivers hands quickly and on the move in space so that he can gain yards after the catch. Montana and Young made HOF careers out of checking the ball down quickly when needed to the right WRs, getting the ball to them at exactly the right moment, and letting them do the rest of the work. Then taking their shots down field when they were available.

That's what I want to see from JC this year. Clearly he's not going to be at the Montana/Young level, but this offense is built around quick drops, quick throws, receivers catching the ball in space and on the move. That's what I want to see.

I would like to see him throw the ball to where the balls supposed to go. I don't want him to force the ball into a completely covered receiver, because more bad things can happen than good things in that situation.

What I want to see is that if receivers are open, he hits them in stride. Even if that's short of the first down.

The WCO is predicated (theoretically) on getting the ball into the receivers hands quickly and on the move in space so that he can gain yards after the catch. Montana and Young made HOF careers out of checking the ball down quickly when needed to the right WRs, getting the ball to them at exactly the right moment, and letting them do the rest of the work. Then taking their shots down field when they were available.

That's what I want to see from JC this year. Clearly he's not going to be at the Montana/Young level, but this offense is built around quick drops, quick throws, receivers catching the ball in space and on the move. That's what I want to see.

Nice read. I don't think JC is suddenly going to turn into a pro bowl QB, obviously. But I think he can be good enough to run the offense and score some points.

It is early in camp, but the Oline, as others have said, is my primary concern. Zorn said last year that he couldn't call long developing plays because he didn't think JC could be protected. If that is the case JC's development won't matter.

If the line can stay healthy and survive the entire season then I think JC will demonstrate he has improved.

Man i just hope that JC doesn't looks like VY did tonight againest Tenn.

campbell's more of a pocket guy and doesn't have to run around everywhere on every throw.

also, he's not bat**** insane. can you imagine if what happened to campbell happened to young?

but that was a beautiful td pass

Archived