Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Camp of Campbell

Heisenberg

I have been posting in another thread on this website, and though I would love to Campbell become the next Peyton Manning this is yet to be proven. We have been discussing who we think is better between JC and Young. JC has the better qb rating, while young has some intangibles and in his first year made a much larger name for himself around the nfl (he was given a much better chance then campbell). With all that said I was wondering how you guys would vote, IMO Im arguing against homers who think that JC is the reincarnation of JC(Jesus Christ)

Well this quote dates back to 07 and well VY fell on his face last and in this preseason game i hope JC doesn't this year.....:)

Hello, campers.

Does Jason Campbell have anything to prove, or has he done enough to prove he is our QB for the next 6 years or so at $15 million + a year, with $30 million + guaranteed?

I think everyone will tell you he definately has something to prove to us.

But the only one he NEEDS to impress is Coach Zorn, who has already said Jason is #1.

My challenge (and I am coming around little by little) is to visualize what Coach WANTS. It seems to be an offense that is under control- predictable and designed rather than left to chance.

But the only one he NEEDS to impress is Coach Zorn, who has already said Jason is #1.

My challenge (and I am coming around little by little) is to visualize what Coach WANTS. It seems to be an offense that is under control- predictable and designed rather than left to chance.

Zorn has more to prove than any player on the team.

The only predictable offense that works in the NFL is smashmouth football; an offense with which you overpower your opponent. Nobody, and I mean nobody, believes the Redskins have that capability.

We'll soon see if Zorn has the creative genius that is required for the Redskins to have the success we all desire. We have not seen it yet.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/the-wisdom-of-solomon/

“Campbell has to become more aggressive,” says Redskins TE Chris Cooley. “The biggest thing you want in a quarterback is to have balls, take over the team and take over games. He knows that.”

Campbell seems to know exactly how his teammates feel, and he knows what they want to hear.

“I look for us to put the ball down field more this season,” says Campbell. “I can’t stare at it, but let it rip, play with an attitude and attack the attacker. I have to use my feet to my advantage vs. Cover 2 Man, and I gotta trust the wide receivers to compete for the ball and if they can’t catch it— defend it, protect the ball, but just take more chances.”

Seems like JC knows what he has to do, I think we'll see great things from him Thursday! :point2sky

Rumor has it that he is going to play very little. Of course, I'll take one great drive for a TD! 3 and out? Ouch.

Me too, and maybe that will be all he needs to keep his job! If it's three and out, he might be in there longer--:ravensuck

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/the-wisdom-of-solomon/

“Campbell has to become more aggressive,” says Redskins TE Chris Cooley. “The biggest thing you want in a quarterback is to have balls, take over the team and take over games. He knows that.”

Campbell seems to know exactly how his teammates feel, and he knows what they want to hear.

“I look for us to put the ball down field more this season,” says Campbell. “I can’t stare at it, but let it rip, play with an attitude and attack the attacker. I have to use my feet to my advantage vs. Cover 2 Man, and I gotta trust the wide receivers to compete for the ball and if they can’t catch it— defend it, protect the ball, but just take more chances.”

Seems like JC knows what he has to do, I think we'll see great things from him Thursday! :point2sky

Yes this is what i want to see tomorrow give JC a little time and i believe that this can happen..:)

Rumor has it that he is going to play very little. Of course, I'll take one great drive for a TD! 3 and out? Ouch.

This would suck so much and i hope that it does not happen but if it does i think that Zorn should keep the starts for atleast 3 drives...

Hello, campers.

Does Jason Campbell have anything to prove, or has he done enough to prove he is our QB for the next 6 years or so at $15 million + a year, with $30 million + guaranteed?

Of course he has to. Otherwise, welcome to the next Redskins 1st round QB pick in the 2010 draft with Todd Collins competing against him for the job(and I believe that Collins' excellent obsessive work habits will be enough to keep that competition competitive).

Of course he has to. Otherwise, welcome to the next Redskins 1st round QB pick in the 2010 draft with Todd Collins competing against him for the job(and I believe that Collins' excellent obsessive work habits will be enough to keep that competition competitive).

I'm going to be honest. If Jim Zorn stays, even if Jason Campbell fails to prove himself, I'd hope the Redskins try to extend an offer to him similar to the contracts of Kerry Collins or Chad Pennington's contract. He can be the starter if he's the best quarterback on the team, and if he's not, he'll be a valuable backup, moreso than Todd Collins who is ticking away. Just don't guarantee Campbell anything.

I'm going to be honest. If Jim Zorn stays, even if Jason Campbell fails to prove himself, I'd hope the Redskins try to extend an offer to him similar to the contracts of Kerry Collins or Chad Pennington's contract. He can be the starter if he's the best quarterback on the team, and if he's not, he'll be a valuable backup, moreso than Todd Collins who is ticking away. Just don't guarantee Campbell anything.

If Campbell doesn't get his way with the Skins, he will not sign and he will force a trade or release. He won't sign for less than $15 million a year because he will get at least that for the first year as a franchise player.

He's golden. He doesn't need the Skins. He can refuse to sign and the Redskins will have to pay him the $15 mil + or maybe get nothing if he signs with another team. At worst, he is an average QB in the NFL and, well, average makes big money in the NFL.

He already has said he will not accept a backup role with the Redskins. I don't see that as a reasonable and good option for the Skins.

He owns the Redskins.

I believe, if he does not excel this year, the Skins will look to trade him before the deadline.

if he does excel, he will have earned what he will get. It is all on him. No excuses, nothing.

Just saying.

I can see him starting in MN. They have a solid O-line and a the best RB in the league, and Tavaris and Sage are the suck.

No saying much is it.

I like T for the Wildcat (perfect fit) and I actually think Sage can be the man up there for a few years. I would take Sage over Jason in a heartbeat.

No saying much is it.

I like T for the Wildcat (perfect fit) and I actually think Sage can be the man up there for a few years. I would take Sage over Jason in a heartbeat.

Sage has never won the starting job in his 8 seasons as a pro. I'd take JC over Sage anyday, and it's not even close. We'll agree to disagree. HTTR

Archived