Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Camp of Campbell

Heisenberg

];6398852']You refuse to give him credit for his success' date=' but have every intention of blaming him for every one of his failures.

You are only proving that you want to see Campbell fail, and aren't really worried about who gives us the best chance to win.

Personally, the 6'5 QB we have right now is a far more appealing option than the project 3rd string QB who had a vast amount of success running an offense that the QB before him had equal success in. But let's not discount his remarkable success against currently unemployed defenders last pre-season.

If Colt is somehow forced to come in to a game and puts up solid numbers, I'd be all for him. I would love to see that happen. Unfortunately, pre-season success is hardly convincing.[/quote']

OK Jason played well enough early in the season not to lose games that Portis carried the team to a win.

I just wish there was a way to track those who bashed Jason over the years. Because when he breaks out and leaves Washington, I guarantee some of those who disliked him will try to weasel out of those comments.

B2B seasons in the same damn system, anger from being mistreated by this fan base and the FO, Jason Campbell will be a top 10 QB in 2009 and lead us to 11+ wins.

OK Jason played well enough early in the season not to lose games that Portis carried the team to a win.

Following that logic was it Portis, then, who caused the offense to sputter in the second half of last season? If you look at the stats his YPC and rushing yards per game went way down.

I'd like to seem Campbell in a offense he has more than 1 year in, and a decent O-line to make a judgement on him. Well, this year will be his 2nd year in a offence for the first time since high school. Too bad the O-line looks to be in pretty bad shape.:(

I just wish there was a way to track those who bashed Jason over the years. Because when he breaks out and leaves Washington, I guarantee some of those who disliked him will try to weasel out of those comments.

B2B seasons in the same damn system, anger from being mistreated by this fan base and the FO, Jason Campbell will be a top 10 QB in 2009 and lead us to 11+ wins.

Hey I'll go on record saying this humbly but accurately !!!

If you put CB5 in with the first string, he out plays JC With the same guys. Our offense well run like a well oiled machine with CB5 in there, But Who ever plays for our team I will support 100 percent!!! I almost got in a BEEF when I heard some QUEER bait bashing JC.

Yeah, I guess we're both way behind. :D

I am at a loss at this point between you and Terps, the both of you are as thick in the head as it gets.

You are both so far off coarse at this point I really want to just walk away, but for some reason I will try to make you understand one last time.

The post was about me defending JC about a particular accusation that is it! And that accusation was that some people feel JC does not show enough fire, and emotion on the field, meaning that his attitude is that of someone who doesn't possess great passion for the game etc and so on. I then defended him on that point, when I said I believed he did, and then gave my reasoning why I feel he does not run around as a rah, rah, type of QB.

When I proceeded to explain why I feel he does not do that, you 2 got your panties in a bunch.

Now I could care less if you want to sit there and say JC is a little ball of dynamite running around out there, by all means, I will disagree with you but that's how it goes on a message board, but please get your facts in order. I never said I havn't bashed JC, you know darn well I do it any chance I get, but I try to be fair, and I was being fair to JC IMO when I said I think he does care about the game and his personel success on the field, he just doesn't have what it takes to make that happen, that does not mean he has lost his teammates support, I don't believe he has for the most part, nor have I ever said that. Thank you.:rubeyes:

Now if you want to continue to go after me because JC stinks, which he does, let's get it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

I am at a loss at this point between you and Terps' date=' the both of you are as thick in the head as it gets.

[/quote']

Again with the personal attacking for no apparent reason.

YES, you defended Campbell. I'm not talking about that. I'm not sure if Rocket is, but I'm not. I know you said Campbell does care, and in that sense you ARE defending him. That's not hard to understand and you can man up behind your computer screen and call people thick in the head, but you keep yelling on and on about a point no one is even trying to make.

The point is this, and maybe you just don't get it, and that's fine. What is trying to be said is you defended Campbell and then bashed him in the same sentence. That's all that is going on. Everyone knows you dislike Campbell and I'm not surprised you did it. The annoying part is that you keep going on about it, turning it into something much bigger than it already is.

I don't know if I can speak for Rocket, but I said what I did in passing, and its your personal insults and overall freaking out that's perpetuating this little argument. With that said, I'm done arguing it because it's stupid and if you don't get what at least I'm trying to say, then I'm sorry. We'll just have to agree to put it to an end and move on to something else.

I'm in the Camp of Campbell. Always have been.

No need to argue about it at this time, because this season will tell us everything we need to know.

Until then, I predict that the Campbell haters will continue to give the same reasons as to why they hate him and Campbell supporters will continue to give the same reasons as to why they like him. This is an argument that will begin to be settled in September.

If this argument is voided before September, then I believe the earth will spontaneously combust.

I know, I know, I am going out on a limb here, but that is my prediction!

I do not get the infatuation with a qb who has yet to produce a winning record while wearing a Skins uni. How can I hope for a Lombardi when our qb has yet to reach the postseason, ever. Why would I ever think he could be a top 10 qb when his numbers from 4 years in college to 4 years in the pros have been consistetly mediocre.

7 years actual playing time, college to pros, has produced these eye popping stats.

-5 seasons with td totals between 10-13

-1 season with td total 4 freshman year

-1 season-senior- 20td with 2 top 10 1st round running backs carrying the weight.

So yes, I dislike JC as the starting qb of the Redskins, with good reason. Its his job to prove me wrong and I am still waiting.

My thoughts exactly. And in the meantime, all we can do is root for JC's success because if he succeeds, the Skins succeed.

Sense? Optimism? Support for our starting QB, in who's hands rests our team's fortunes?

WHAT IS ES COMING TO?!?!?!

I do not get the infatuation with a qb who has yet to produce a winning record while wearing a Skins uni. How can I hope for a Lombardi when our qb has yet to reach the postseason, ever. Why would I ever think he could be a top 10 qb when his numbers from 4 years in college to 4 years in the pros have been consistetly mediocre.

7 years actual playing time, college to pros, has produced these eye popping stats.

-5 seasons with td totals between 10-13

-1 season with td total 4 freshman year

-1 season-senior- 20td with 2 top 10 1st round running backs carrying the weight.

So yes, I dislike JC as the starting qb of the Redskins, with good reason. Its his job to prove me wrong and I am still waiting.

I like how you fail to mention the following:

Campbell went on to play college football at Auburn where he led the Tigers to an undefeated season in 2004 and was named the SEC Player of the Year and MVP of the SEC Championship Game. Campbell currently holds the record for the longest touchdown completion in Auburn football history, an 87 yard pass to Silas Daniels in a 2004 matchup versus Louisiana Tech. He also holds the Auburn career record for completion percentage at 64.6%. Campbell graduated Auburn with a degree in public administration.[2]

Stats

• 2001: 89/142 (62.7%) for 1117 yards and 4 TD vs. 4 INT. 46 carries for 72 yards and 2 TD.
  • 2002: 94/149 (63.1%) for 1215 yards and 11 TD vs. 5 INT. 72 carries for 206 yards and 3 TD.
  • 2003: 181/293 (61.8%) for 2267 yards and 10 TD vs. 8 INT. 73 carries for -1 yard and 1 TD.
  • 2004: 188/270 (69.6%) for 2700 yards and 20 TD vs. 7 INT. 58 carries for 30 yards and 3 TD.

Awards and honors

• Music City Bowl MVP (2003)
  • First-team All-SEC (2004)
  • SEC Offensive Player of the Year (2004)
  • SEC Championship Game MVP (2004)
  • Quarterbacked Auburn's perfect 13-0 season (2004)
  • Sugar Bowl MVP (2005)
  • 5x SEC Offensive Player of the Week
  • NFC Offensive Player of the Week (Week 5, 2007)

I am totally in. I am simply amazed at how many people think this guy is the spot we need to address right now. Let me be the first to say that I will be absolutely giddy if by the end of next season, this football team ONLY needs a QB as many many people in here suggest.

If this season, Devin Thomas is a monster, Santana continues to produce, Portis is premier back, the offensive line is beastly, our defense rises from 4th best to anything above that, suisam can hit from anywhere inside the 50 and we suck. . . . I will be thrilled when we trade our entire draft for the franchise QB.

I don't think that is the case however. I think that it is not a coincidence that Campbell was without an interception led us to back to back road wins against the boys and birds (including spotting them 14 points in their house to start the half) and led us to a win against the would-be NFC champion Cards at the same time that Portis was running for 125 yards per game etc etc.

In the second half of this season, the line got worn down, samuels got injured, they stacked the box, rolled a safety to Santana and the entire offense stalled. If you look at both giants games, the second cowboys game, the baltimore game, and the pittsburgh game, you see the same freakin thing . . . Jason getting smacked before he could even get out of his drop, blitzes that our offensive line were completely unable to handle, our lineman being manhandled by the opponents front four (or three) and double coverage over the top on Moss.

If Devin Thomas doesn't come into this own, this line doesn't remain deep and productive throughout the year, it won't matter if Montana is under center.

If JC fails this year and everything else looks good I will gladly say good bye to Jason and look for that last missing piece of the puzzle but I suspect he will either tear it up this year or he will fail for the same reason any other Qb would . . . our line sucks, we don't get turnovers, our kicker sucks, and we are old, have no legitimate second reciever on the field, and our kick coverage and return games are pedestrian at best. JC will still end up the scape goat in that situation but it won't be his fault.

I am definately on board with everyone in here. Bring on this season, cuz J is gonna be serving humble pie all season long.

I like how you fail to mention the following:

Campbell went on to play college football at Auburn where he led the Tigers to an undefeated season in 2004 and was named the SEC Player of the Year and MVP of the SEC Championship Game. Campbell currently holds the record for the longest touchdown completion in Auburn football history, an 87 yard pass to Silas Daniels in a 2004 matchup versus Louisiana Tech. He also holds the Auburn career record for completion percentage at 64.6%. Campbell graduated Auburn with a degree in public administration.[2]

Stats

• 2001: 89/142 (62.7%) for 1117 yards and 4 TD vs. 4 INT. 46 carries for 72 yards and 2 TD.
  • 2002: 94/149 (63.1%) for 1215 yards and 11 TD vs. 5 INT. 72 carries for 206 yards and 3 TD.
  • 2003: 181/293 (61.8%) for 2267 yards and 10 TD vs. 8 INT. 73 carries for -1 yard and 1 TD.
  • 2004: 188/270 (69.6%) for 2700 yards and 20 TD vs. 7 INT. 58 carries for 30 yards and 3 TD.

Awards and honors

• Music City Bowl MVP (2003)
  • First-team All-SEC (2004)
  • SEC Offensive Player of the Year (2004)
  • SEC Championship Game MVP (2004)
  • Quarterbacked Auburn's perfect 13-0 season (2004)
  • Sugar Bowl MVP (2005)
  • 5x SEC Offensive Player of the Week
  • NFC Offensive Player of the Week (Week 5, 2007)

I'm just stating the facts, brother. I didnt fail to mention you're list here cause it speaks for itself. Its a weak defense to even mention the 2004 season. Being an Ole Miss alum I can tell you I have seen JC in college numerous times and let me tell you that season Ronnie Brown and "Cadillac" Williams carried that O up and down the field. JC rode the coattails, plain and simple. For the sake of argument, I grant you he did okay that season, but whats the excuse for all the other years?

Thats all you got for 4 years worth of NFL experience is one example? Go re-re-read my post again 'cause I gave the short version of your overwinded and futile attempt to discredit facts that are true and correct

My point about JC was he is the same qb he has always been. High completion% low TD numbers. Maybe watching him do the same things over and over again for almost 9 yrs. then reading posts about how JC is going to break out is to much for me. Most Franchise qbs have the ability to create tds. JC has to use the framework of an O to accomplish this. The pro defense is quicker and can disrupt an offense forcing the qb to make decisions that do not follow the framework. This is where he fails.

I am a realist and I think the numbers he has to attain to get his contract renewed are over his head. I dont like the idea of starting over with qbs. I was hoping for the best from JC for the past 4yrs. and have never rooted for him to fail. Missing on a 1st round qb can set you back up to 10 yrs. We have questions about our qb going into the 5th year. If JC fails this year and is not resigned are you willing to give qb(X) 5yrs. to get this team to the playoffs?

This team needs a backup plan in case the worst case scenario happens. Since Player (X) was drafted by Zorn, tutored by Zorn, and has the same length in Zorn's system as JC why shouldnt he be given practice and playing time with the starters. You know, just in case.:D

This team needs a backup plan in case the worst case scenario happens. Since Colt was drafted by Zorn, tutored by Zorn, and has the same length in Zorn's system as JC why shouldnt he be given practice and playing time with the starters. You know, just in case.:D

[serious voice often used by the people in the Cult of Colt thread]

HEY MAN, this thread is not about COLT BRENNAN, this is about Jason Campbell if you don't like it then leave.

[/serious voice often used by the people in the Cult of Colt thread]

Since Colt was drafted by Zorn, tutored by Zorn, and has the same length in Zorn's system as JC why shouldnt he be given practice and playing time with the starters. You know, just in case.:D

If he is able to take the #2 spot from Collins then he will. Generally during the season the 1st and 2nd string QBs take snaps with the 1st string offense during practice (with the 1st string guy getting a bit more for obvious reason).

[serious voice often used by the people in the Cult of Colt thread]

HEY MAN, this thread is not about COLT BRENNAN, this is about Jason Campbell if you don't like it then leave.

[/serious voice often used by the people in the Cult of Colt thread]

:cop: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Did you see the words Colt Brennan in my post? I was talking about JC but I guess since I don't :ladiesman to him or :adorationI'm not welcome.

Good luck with that.

:cop: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Did you see the words Colt Brennan in my post? I was talking about JC but I guess since I don't :ladiesman to him or :adorationI'm not welcome.

Good luck with that.

I don't get it. You said "Colt". lol

Archived