Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd Round, 80th Overall, Redskins Select CB Kevin Barnes

AirMayo21

Well we lost Springs and we might lose Carlos next year. Smoot is lame and Tryon is prob not the answer. Not surprised by pick at all.

Totally agree. D. Hall is the only sure thing we got at CB. Rogers will be a Fa or RFA based on if the CBA gets redone, Smoot is in his last year here and has been subpar at best, tryon was a bust in his 1st year, why not take a guy who was a 1st rounder coming into the 2008 season, if it wasnt for the shoulder injury he would have been a 1st- a 41 on the wonderlic shows his smarts and he has good recovery speed- as well as being physical- can be or Nickel Back fo sho! Agreed OL is the bigger need along with OLB but you draft in the later rounds based on need 1-2 years down the road- not immediate impact- plus all along the skins said they would follow their board- and obviously Barnes was on top of it

Dude scored a 41 on the Wonderlich. Friedgen said he was like another coach on the field.

Seriously? That's it. I'm sold.

I'm a big fan of smart players. If you want to look for a consistent trait of New England's players, that's it. That's the kind of player they look for. Put a bunch of smart players together and coach them well and you have a smart team. Smart teams win games.

I would like to point out that after our pick of Barnes, there has been a run on 6 more CB's and a S....so maybe Vinny was onto something here, grabbing him when he did, especially before the Eagles could.

And if you notice, Duke Robinson is STILL on the board, hmmm...

Do people know that we signed a Tackle the day before yesterady? Mike Williams was a stud coming outta college and got drafted by New England. Injuries have slowed him down over the past few years including not playing at all last year. Hopefully he does well here. And with this pick, I'm guessing they hope the same too.

I would like to point out that after our pick of Barnes, there has been a run on 6 more CB's and a S....so maybe Vinny was onto something here, grabbing him when he did, especially before the Eagles could.

And if you notice, Duke Robinson is STILL on the board, hmmm...

i guess its not such a bad pick as some made it out to be

I don't see how you hate this pick and love the Orakpo pick. You have a pass rushing DE. You've cut a HOF calibeer pass rushing DE. Maybe the guy they picked will be an up-grade over either of them, especially long term, but it isn't like pass rushing DE was (or really should have been w/ Taylor on the roster) a priority for this team.

Samething here. Sure we have CR and Hall, but it isn't like neither of them have holes in their game, and w/ playing corner and nickel this guy could certainly be an improvement over the 3rd and 4th corner on this team.

Neither pass rushing DE or CB were dramatic needs on this team (I'd have actually ranked them about equal and maybe even pass rushing DE below CB considering we had Taylor on the roster), but if both guys represent an up-grad there, then they are good picks.

Not as good a pick that would have up-graded OL or LB, but maybe that player wasn't there with either pick.

Seriously? That's it. I'm sold.

I'm a big fan of smart players. If you want to look for a consistent trait of New England's players, that's it. That's the kind of player they look for. Put a bunch of smart players together and coach them well and you have a smart team. Smart teams win games.

"Smart" is one of those things you can't coach up. Might be able to improve his technique or awareness but dumb is forever, like ummmmmmm......Pacman?

Do people know that we signed a Tackle the day before yesterady? Mike Williams was a stud coming outta college and got drafted by New England. Injuries have slowed him down over the past few years including not playing at all last year. Hopefully he does well here. And with this pick, I'm guessing they hope the same too.

He was a beast coming out of college that was drafted by Buffalo but will he be able to re-create his college years.....?

I dont hate the pick, but I just cant get by the fact that DS and VC just dont pick OL... ever.

Maybe they have some faith that Heyer will be even better this year, and Jansen may have needed more rehab and was place in the lineup too early? IDK. I would like to see what Bugel can do with 2nd/3rd round talent instead of the 6th/7th and UD he had to make due with.

This crap happens every year. People on this board get pissed off at a post-50th overall pick, thinking they know better. And maybe you do this time, but last time you didn't and the time before that you didn't and the time before that...

These "really good" players that we're "foolishly" passing on probably aren't going to amount to anything. As in, they won't be in the league in 4 years.

Maybe this Barnes kid won't be, either. But the point I'm making is that this was the 80th pick in the "worst draft in recent memory". Why get worked up over a remaining talent pool that will most likely have little impact on the league?

Robinson is overrated by people. All I've read is that this draft is Guard poor and that the OT's are better prospects at Guard then the guards and that the most overrated Guard out there is Robinson.

Also, Barnes was thought to be a 1st Round pick going into the 2008 season before he got hurt.

Did anybody notice that the Giants and the Eagles picked 1st round WR''s. Did anybody notice we lost a top flight corner in the offseason? Did anybody notice that Smoot and Tyron are weak links at CB? Barnes will come in and be our nickle back.

This is what I'm saying...The Iggles, and Gnats both have drafted WR's...we only have 2 good CB's in Hall and Rogers...we needed to draft a DB of his caliber to keep pace with the offenses in our division...

whats funny is all the players that everyone is saying is better then Barnes have not been picked by any other team in the next 11 picks

Exactly...But Vinny is the idiot....:rolleyes:

I don't understand the logic, REACH for an OL that isn't going to start or draft a CB that was a 1st rounder coming into the yr and actually had a 2nd round grade, that will contribute from day 1? That also plays a position of need...

Archived