Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama Bows to Saudi King

NavyDave

I guess North Korea and Iran are next on the BOW to the King Tour 2009?

What besides BOWing can we expect?

Thanks for making my point

If by "making your point" you mean to illustrate that you're being overly alarmist and immediately jumping to the conclusion that the worst possible scenario is the most likely, then you're welcome.

My pleasure.

~Bang

Lol at this thread. Jeez ES can be entertaining.

Here's my view of this whole situation: meh

I see it as Obama not having a lot of foreign experience and being pretty naive about customary introductions and traditional protocol. Honestly, I don't think he was bowing in "servitude," I think he was trying to show respect to a big US ally and accidently committed a Presidential fauxpaw.

The problem with this is the message it sends to many in the Middle East. But I think that is something that can eventually be remedied through our continued presence over there. I don't think they are going to be seeing us as "servants" or anything else to the ME for some time to come...just a hunch.

Other than that, this whole crap about him being Muslim and bowing to Islam, blah, blah, blah is absurd. It's completely alarmist and ridiculous in my opinion to hastily come to that conclusion. If he was bowing to "Islam," that would not explain their little break in protocol with the Queen of England too....

Here is my take on the situation. Obama is perhaps the biggest puss we will ever see as a president, who's only interested in his own popularity. Why did obama not go to normandy for the 65th anniversary of D-Day? I'll tell you why, because the focus will be on the soldiers who fought that day and not on him. Obama is showing his true colors and soon enough he will be exposed for the fraud that he is.

Here is my take on the situation. Obama is perhaps the biggest puss we will ever see as a president, who's only interested in his own popularity. Why did obama not go to normandy for the 65th anniversary of D-Day? I'll tell you why, because the focus will be on the soldiers who fought that day and not on him. Obama is showing his true colors and soon enough he will be exposed for the fraud that he is.

Would you be interested in buying the Golden Gate Bridge? I can get you a great deal.

I dont think he is a fraud but this opinion is something that I am hearing more and more. I dont know if it is true (and I am NOT saying it) but I hear people say that Obama just says whatever will make him popular with the crowd he is around at the time.

The visceral hatred some people have for Obama is breathtaking. Irrational and breathtaking.

But back to the point you have not shown a single ACTION of Iran's that would show them to be irrational. You can't point simply to rhetoric otherwise you would have to believe that the nuclear program is peaceful and only for energy purposes.

That's kinda the point. If there were actions, we woud be doing ssomething. I really can't believe that you are so nieve to think that Iran and what they say is just them goofing off and name calling. Oh they are jus the rude co-worker, they don't really mean what they say.

Hamas hates Israel not the Jews but I think they would come around rather quickly if offered a fair deal from Israel. The fact we didn't recognize them after they won parliamentary elections didn't help the cause.

As well we didn't. It's not really a good idea to give credance to a terroist organization.

Hezbollah represents the Shiite minority in Lebanon, they have fought with Israel however that was when Israel was occupying Lebanon and both sides have had border disputes. But, Hezbollah is incorporated into the Lebanese political system and they are largely a social organization. However, there remains an armed wing to "protect" the south.

Social organization.:doh: Sorry but this kind of thinking is what will lead to the fall of america. Not taking these TERRORIST organizations seriously and treating them as if they are only poor taken advange of peoples who need our sympathy and not a firm hand.

Sorry, like I said I believe in diplomacy, but we differ on how and when to use it.

Lol at this thread. Jeez ES can be entertaining.

Here's my view of this whole situation: meh

I see it as Obama not having a lot of foreign experience and being pretty naive about customary introductions and traditional protocol. Honestly, I don't think he was bowing in "servitude," I think he was trying to show respect to a big US ally and accidently committed a Presidential fauxpaw.

The problem with this is the message it sends to many in the Middle East. But I think that is something that can eventually be remedied through our continued presence over there. I don't think they are going to be seeing us as "servants" or anything else to the ME for some time to come...just a hunch.

Other than that, this whole crap about him being Muslim and bowing to Islam, blah, blah, blah is absurd. It's completely alarmist and ridiculous in my opinion to hastily come to that conclusion. If he was bowing to "Islam," that would not explain their little break in protocol with the Queen of England too....

Keeastman,

Thanks for bringing some sensibility to this thread. A lot of paranoia in this thread because of a FREAKING BOW!!! A BOW!!!

What makes you say he is a wuss? What exactly has he done? Please don't offer any crap like, I just feel like he is; offer some concrete examples to back up your hyperbole.

Seriously, the constant Obama is just as annoying as the constant Bush bashing I had to endure for the past 8 years. I had serious differences with Bush and I have differences with Obama, but I don't have a kneejerk reaction to either one of them.

Unfortunately, the bleeding-heart liberals and Rush Limbaugh conservatives like to see the world in black/white. Frankly, I'm tired of both crowds which, ironically enough, are two sides of the same coin.

Is this the best Obama's opponents can come up with? If so, it's no wonder 2/3 of Americans approve of him.

\

How long have you been in a coma?

He has racked up more debt in 3 months than every US President ever including George W. Bush.

He is cutting the defense budget by some $45 billion during wartime.

He has apppointed now 6, yes 6, people to cabinet who have problems paying their taxes.

He calls Americans arrogant and unwilling to cooperate with Europe because we should for some reason. Obama realizes that Europeans hold the secret to life.

That's what the opponents can come up with.

The hatred for Obama is scary......
Put "New York Magazine" on the hate list...

Robert Gibbs Is Being Kind of a Jerk About the Bowing Thing

Because the White House's first explanation about President Obama's bow to King Abdullah — that he was bending down to shake hands — would only make sense if Obama were nine feet tall, CNN reporter Dan Lothian brought up the controversy again yesterday, this time to press secretary Robert Gibbs. Surely, once the White House had time to reflect on the fact that we have actual video of the moment in question, they would admit that the president had indeed bowed as a simple show of respect to an international counterpart, blamed the "shaking hands" excuse on a well-meaning White House aide, and moved on. But instead Gibbs stuck to the far-fetched story, even sassily dismissing Lothian for asking about something that happened a whole week ago and that Americans weren't even concerned about because they were too busy losing their jobs. Of course, it wouldn't still be a story if Gibbs and company weren't insulting our intelligence with outlandish fairy tales.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/04/robert_gibbs_is_being_kind_of.html

Put "New York Magazine" on the hate list...

Robert Gibbs Is Being Kind of a Jerk About the Bowing Thing

Because the White House's first explanation about President Obama's bow to King Abdullah — that he was bending down to shake hands — would only make sense if Obama were nine feet tall, CNN reporter Dan Lothian brought up the controversy again yesterday, this time to press secretary Robert Gibbs. Surely, once the White House had time to reflect on the fact that we have actual video of the moment in question, they would admit that the president had indeed bowed as a simple show of respect to an international counterpart, blamed the "shaking hands" excuse on a well-meaning White House aide, and moved on. But instead Gibbs stuck to the far-fetched story, even sassily dismissing Lothian for asking about something that happened a whole week ago and that Americans weren't even concerned about because they were too busy losing their jobs. Of course, it wouldn't still be a story if Gibbs and company weren't insulting our intelligence with outlandish fairy tales.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/04/robert_gibbs_is_being_kind_of.html

You guys are so scared of Obama it is funny. Making a freaking 11 page thread of of him bowing to a Saudi king. You guys have lost it.

Would you be interested in buying the Golden Gate Bridge? I can get you a great deal.

Hey Buford, I have some Oceanfront property in Idaho I can throw in with the Golden Gate.

But for real, this is getting ridiculous. The Obama threads are starting to get polarizing by the moment. It seems like everytime he makes a move, the right finds fault on one little move. Do you think we could go without a week on the board without an Obama thread? I just read what everyone has to say, and don't make a reply. But you think it could be done?

\

How long have you been in a coma?

He has racked up more debt in 3 months than every US President ever including George W. Bush.

He is cutting the defense budget by some $45 billion during wartime.

He has apppointed now 6, yes 6, people to cabinet who have problems paying their taxes.

He calls Americans arrogant and unwilling to cooperate with Europe because we should for some reason. Obama realizes that Europeans hold the secret to life.

That's what the opponents can come up with.

Where the hell are you getting your facts?

Where the hell are you getting your facts?
....I'm not against gift-giving in international relations. But it would be nice to see some reciprocity. Obama was in a giving mood throughout Europe. While Gordon Brown was trying to make his American DVDs work and the queen was rocking to her new iPod, the rest of Europe was enjoying a more fulsome Obama gift.

Our president came bearing a basketful of mea culpas. With varying degrees of directness or obliqueness, Obama indicted his own people for arrogance, for dismissiveness and derisiveness, for genocide, for torture, for Hiroshima, for Guantanamo and for insufficient respect for the Muslim world.....

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/apr/10/charles-krauthammer-obama-celebrates-us-decline/

Well considering I went back and looked, only navy dave made that statement. Most of the other posters simpley made statements that he appeared weak and it wasn't a smart move.

Yet you and others on this board have come down as if, EVERYONE believes like navy dave when HE IS THE ONLY ONE who made that kind of remark.

The others who did remark like him, need to be re-read as they were sarcstic in nature.

As usual, certian ES posters have jumped the assumption bandwagon and lumped all those who didn't argee with his actions as right wing loonies.

What makes you say he is a wuss? What exactly has he done? Please don't offer any crap like, I just feel like he is; offer some concrete examples to back up your hyperbole.

I'm sorry, why is it that only those who disagree with Obama have to back up their opinions or rants??

Unfortunately, the bleeding-heart liberals and Rush Limbaugh conservatives like to see the world in black/white. Frankly, I'm tired of both crowds which, ironically enough, are two sides of the same coin.

Isn't this comment the same as the one you are accusing the guy you just repsonded to? Care to back up any of YOUR hyperbole?? :D

Well considering I went back and looked, only navy dave made that statement. Most of the other posters simpley made statements that he appeared weak and it wasn't a smart move.

Yet you and others on this board have come down as if, EVERYONE believes like navy dave when HE IS THE ONLY ONE who made that kind of remark.

The others who did remark like him, need to be re-read as they were sarcstic in nature.

As usual, certian ES posters have jumped the assumption bandwagon and lumped all those who didn't argee with his actions as right wing loonies.

Lol, as usual, you suffer from selective memory/reading comprehension issues. I don't even want to try to tell you to go back and read through responses again simply because I know that'll be a fruitless request :rolleyes:

But yeah, anyone who thinks this is a big controversy to keep a thread alive over is a right wing loon. Yep. YOU BETCHA

Well other than his last two comments about Europe, he's right. Where have you been since he's been elected??

He's right? So Obama has spent more than in three months than every US President ever has? Seriously, where the hell did he come up with that statistic.

He also mentioned, albeit in another thread, that Hawaii denied citizenship to persons born in the U.S. unless both their parents were born in the U.S. Apparently, he has never read the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. So, yeah, his "facts" aren't really facts.

Also, while Obama has indeed cut defense spending, such cuts do not necessarily show he's "soft." For example, Obama intends to kill plans to acquire several new squadrons of F-22 Raptors. F-22s have yet to be used in combat in either Iraq or Afghanistan. The F-22 was primarily designed to establish air supremacy, even though no air force dares to challenge ours. Each F-22 costs $350 million. Killing those acquisition plans will not, IMO, render us vulnerable.

He's right? So Obama has spent more than in three months than every US President ever has? Seriously, where the hell did he come up with that statistic.

He also mentioned, albeit in another thread, that Hawaii denied citizenship to persons born in the U.S. unless both their parents were born in the U.S. Apparently, he has never read the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. So, yeah, his "facts" aren't really facts.

Also, while Obama has indeed cut defense spending, such cuts do not necessarily show he's "soft." For example, Obama intends to kill plans to acquire several new squadrons of F-22 Raptors. F-22s have yet to be used in combat in either Iraq or Afghanistan. The F-22 was primarily designed to establish air supremacy, even though no air force dares to challenge ours. Each F-22 costs $350 million. Killing those acquisition plans will not, IMO, render us vulnerable.

With the F-22 yes they will...The Russians and Indians are in the end stages of a F-22 type fighter which is reported to have the same capabilities as the F-22.

Archived