Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama Bows to Saudi King

NavyDave

Yes it is, and if you took time to work on not being a biased hack you would understand.

You don't even know what a hack is even those you are one...

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/Media-Bias-Is-Real-Finds-UCLA-6664.aspx

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist

While the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal is conservative, the newspaper's news pages are liberal, even more liberal than The New York Times. The Drudge Report may have a right-wing reputation, but it leans left. Coverage by public television and radio is conservative compared to the rest of the mainstream media. Meanwhile, almost all major media outlets tilt to the left.

You have anything to prove your point?

While the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal is conservative, the newspaper's news pages are liberal, even more liberal than The New York Times. The Drudge Report may have a right-wing reputation, but it leans left. Coverage by public television and radio is conservative compared to the rest of the mainstream media. Meanwhile, almost all major media outlets tilt to the left.

That is rather interesting. They say their findings are based on the number of times the news sources reference groups such as the NAACP and the Heritage Foundation. More references of left leaning groups = a left leaning media? I'm not saying it isn't an interesting study, but that really doesn't conclude anything about the media's actual coverage and whether or not it is biased.

I've already posted my theory on the media in this thread if you bothered to read the conversation I already had with another poster, so I'm not going to repeat myself for you.

My personal observations.

As a daily consumer of the Drudge Report, I cannot begin to fathom what kind of measurement could tell you that it leans left. Simply, unarguably, untrue. It immediately suggests a flawed methodology.

If this study has not been published and peer-reviewed, but was only done and then commented on by the UCLA newspaper, it is NOT a valid source to be relied upon in support of such a broad argument.

Are you really implying that Obama is a "closet Muslim?" Yeah, and I'm the ignorant one.

I don't imply I state. And no I didn't state that he is muslim. Yet what is the big deal if he is? However if Obama, like the Saudi king embraced Sharia Law I'd have a problem with

I'm sure alot of members here rock to the song my president is black totally ignoring the white mom who gave him the opportunities to be what he is today.

The message sent in that part of the world is that Islam is superior to the US.

Yeah nonsense to those who haven't had the opportunity to be in those areas but that is a fact.

I thought homoerotic comments aren't allowed especially disgusting beyond mention like this.

A. It's stupid that you cared enough to make your comment and quote it for, we'll just say "whatever", motive but not enough to report it-- especially as long as you've been around. I suspect had the remark been aimed in a direction more suited to your politics, you'd have remained silent.

B. Admittedly, I had to look the word up; I didn't even know what it meant, and no other staff stumbled across the post yet.

C. Rocky will indeed be getting a break from posting for a bit.

D. And you could be getting one, too, Navy Dave. We have been letting members know for a long time that if you quote someone else's rule violation instead of reporting it, you're essentially (knowingly, stupidly, in most cases) simply repeating the offense (which should be obvious to a working adult brain). This is not the first break you have received from me, ND.

the Annenberg Foundation took some polls: only a third of Americans can even name the three branches of government, much less say what they do."

I wouldn't put too much faith in the value of public opinion.:D

Ya'll might get what you deserve.;)

I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing if it was over 60% that did not approve or if someone you supported had an approval rating over 60% :rolleyes:

I don't imply I state. And no I didn't state that he is muslim. Yet what is the big deal if he is? However if Obama, like the Saudi king embraced Sharia Law I'd have a problem with

I'm sure alot of members here rock to the song my president is black totally ignoring the white mom who gave him the opportunities to be what he is today.

The message sent in that part of the world is that Islam is superior to the US.

Yeah nonsense to those who haven't had the opportunity to be in those areas but that is a fact.

I must admit, I have an awfully hard time following your logic. What does the song "my president is black" have to do with this thread? The above post reads like a rant, rather than a string of coherent and related ideas.

You're talking to a brick wall green. 81artmonk would rather spend his time coming up with completely baseless arguments that he's put no actual thought into and/or attribute quotes to people such as myself that I never gave.

81artmonk will follow Rush and whatever other rightwing lunatics he listen to and there's not much you can do about it.

Totally uncalled for. I apologized for my post and explained why it happened. If you are than going to continue to insult me and belittle me after that, you have some serious name calling coming your way:saber:

And how is the whitehouse trying to excuse away the bow as something else basless? That is what they are doing. fact!!!!:doh:

We've been over this before many times when we used to go back and forth all the time . . .

However, I do have a problem when someone takes an issue like this particular one - Obama bowing to a prince - and using it as grandstanding so they can spout off about how the truth will come out and try to hint that it's somehow in Obama's plan to ruin and/or destroy America.

This is for JUMBO. Some, but not all yet you have treated those who haven't as if they had.

I also take issue with peopel constantly saying "if it were Bush or if it were a Republican the masses and media would be running with this story and it'd be all over the front cover, etc. etc. etc." I mean just in this particular thread you have a poster accusing the media of glossing over the Obama Tonight Show gaffe, when it has already been shown many times how virtually every major network and every major paper ran stories - often many stories - about the exact issue.

I think the point you are missing is how it is reported. Obama is glanced over as it happened and that's it. While with Bush it was made into a character flaw and something negative. again, it's not that it is or isn't reported but HOW they report it. There is an obvious bias as to how these things get reported.

When it gets to that point you go from having a different opinion to having an absurd alternate viewpoint. I'm sorry that you can't see the difference. It goes both ways as well - there are plenty of people on the left that hold extremely absurd viewpoints and I have called them out in the past, both on here and moreso in my personal life.

Totally disagree. Ever thought that it might be an alternate opinion, other than being absurd which would make your thought proccess your opinion?

hopefully this makes jumbo happy:)

Iran absolutely. Iran is not irrational they spout some insane rhetoric but thats all it is, they act rationally and they act like a state that is trying to establish itself as a hegemon in its own region. If you can point out where Iran has ACTED irrationally I will be glad to change my outlook but I all I have seen is a state that is looking to gradually accumulate power and legitimacy.

North Korea not really, I think we need to keep lines open but I don't think there is much we can do to break down the barriers that have been set up. I am really worried about succession issues that may arise if the "glorious one" dies or is killed.

Al Qaeda no I don't think that Al Qaeda is someone we can be diplomatic with and we should do whatever we can to destroy the network.

Groups like Hezbollah and Hamas absolutely, I think they have a very specific agenda with specific complaints and at least in Hezbollah's case have shown they are willing to work within the system to enact change.

Iran. Hates jews and isreal. Openly states that. We support isreal. They've denounced us for it. Iran suplied the influx of terrorists and weapons into Iraq which we needed to surge for, to curb.

They have accumulated nuclear weapons against the UN pleading (which doesn't mean much) and have said openly they would bomb Isreal. Taking their hate for jews and isreal I don't think it's far fetched to believe what they say is rhetoric.

Regarding Hez and hamas, they hate the jews and Isreal too. I don't see them changing their colors just becuase Obama asks them too in the hope for peace.

I agree with you that diplomecy is a good thing. We just disagree with how and when to stop it.

I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing if it was over 60% that did not approve or if someone you supported had an approval rating over 60% :rolleyes:

Of course I would,I don't have a high opinion of most people's capabilities be they R,D or Ind.

Unfortunately they just keep reinforcing my opinion:D

Do you really believe that his bow resulted in any additional concessions regarding any issues or points of contention? Or, do you just hate what the bow represents.

Personally, I care about substantive issues. I don't care about B.S. like whether the color of his necktie shows that America is weak.

But once he didn't wear and American Pin on his jacket. He clearly hates America, our Freedoms, and wants to merge with S.A. so we can have their king also!

Open your eyes man! Its coming!

Archived