Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama Bows to Saudi King

NavyDave

I think bowing to anyone is a sign of respect or loyalty.......
So why not bow down to England?
....I would rather get an IPOD than a bow. What would you like? A bow or an IPOD........
If I was the Head of State?....I would rather have the PR of another HOS bowing to me....I can get an IPOD anywhere

But then again Obamas speeches was an extra treat!

My point is Obama is inconsistent....and

If he is OK with bowing to the Saudi King....why lie about it?

Obama should fire his protocol staff and just Flip a Coin

So why not bow down to England?

If I was the Head of State?....I would rather have the PR of another HOS bowing to me....I can get an IPOD anywhere

But then again Obamas speeches was an extra treat!

My point is Obama is inconsistent....and

If he is OK with bowing to the Saudi King....why lie about it?

Obama should fire his protocol staff and just Flip a Coin

Heads I win, tails you lose

Heads I win....tails
Here is the "TAIL"

The White House is denying that the president bowed to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia at a G-20 meeting in London, a scene that drew criticism on the right and praise from some Arab outlets. "It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah," ...

obama-bow.jpg

OK so you are mad about the White House denying it? And I don't really believe that at all, since you didn't post a link and it seems pretty far fetched for them to deny something that was on worldwide news.

Or, are you angry at the fact that he bowed to the House of Saud? I mean, I could post pics of Bush holding hands with him.

What is worse in your opinion?

In my opinion, neither is bad. Two leaders showing respect to one another is a good thing.

Actually touching the Queen is an insult.........But maybe Obamas staff was off that day?
Nice try. Not touching the Queen is standard protocol, and it surprised the British onlookers. But the Queen was delighted with Michelle Obama and the two got along remarkably well. Far from being an insult, the Queen smiled and hugged her back. The British press was full of talk about how well those two got along. Dear Lord, George Bush actually winked at her, you don't think the Queen found that strange?
Ipod......with his speeches...that was classy
Actually, the Queen specifically requested an Ipod since the one she had did not have video. The Obamas gave her one stocked with her favorite show tunes, and footage from the Queen's visit to President Bush. And in return, the Queen gave the Obamas a framed photo of herself. But keep it up, like a blind squirrel you might yet uncover something truthful.

.....Not touching the Queen is standard protocol,......
At that was my point in the update

It was to argue about the Bowing Two Step

Does the term Protocol allude Obama?

Or is he just Above it all?

Does it matter that Obama seems to pick and choose who he will bow to?.....and deny it sometimes

Does it matter that Obama seems to pick and choose who he will bow to?.....and deny it sometimes

i think last week's south park episode was made just for you

I'm going to quibble for the sake of quibbling.

Your point is that Barrack Obama bowed to the Saudi

Barrack Obama bowed to the Japanese

and Michelle Obama hugged the queen.

You know at a certain age you are supposed to be able to distinguish between the sexes.

Since Barack Obama never touched the Queen, your premise is on extremely shaky ground to begin with. But even if I grant you that leap in logic, it then appears obvious that Obama is shrewd enough to judge when strict protocol is required, and you are not.

<edit> lol, Burgold beat me to it</edit>

......Your point is......
My point is Obama is inconsistent

He Bowed to the Saudi King.....and DENIED IT

He DIDN'T bow down to the Queen of England

He Bowed down to the Emperor

All are Heads of State

All have SUBJECTs bow to them

But since you bring it up.......Does Obama have a problem bowing to Women?

But since you bring it up.......Does Obama have a problem bowing to Women?

Now, that's a more interesting question... at least of the muckraking variety. Afterall, I have seen Obama shake Hillary's hand, even give her a hug, but I have never seen him bow to her. Hmmmm....

Ah the ignorance.

The leader of the free world bowing to Islam especially the version he supports?

The ignorance you display never ceases to amaze me.

A) Bowing to a person does not equal bowing to their religion in any culture. To suggest otherwise is just stupid.

B) A simple bow is considered a normal sign of respect even between equals in most countries. This may have broken protocol. It may have even been a stupid mistake. But to suggest any deeper meaning is foolish.

C) The "version he supports" is NOT the version that bin Laden supports. That's why bin Laden wants to overthrow the Saudi government. He spells it out here. I've tried to explain this to you several times. Do you simply refuse to listen or you are just too dumb to understand?

.....A simple bow is considered a normal sign of respect even between equals in most countries. This may have broken protocol. It may have even been a stupid mistake......
I am not disagreeing with your points but

Why deny the Saudi Bow?

Why bow to the Emperor if it's not OK?

How is the WH going to look now when they say we did bow down to an Emperor but NOT to a Saudi King?......looks a little paranoid to me

The truth is that this thread as is the Michelle Obama staff thread or the attempt to criticize Obama saluting soldiers at Dover are diminish the credibility of honest criticism coming from the Republican/conservative. While there may be a needle in each haystack (except the Dover story), by and large there is so little substance that it makes one look askance at all criticism leveled at the President.

You are hurting your own cause. There are honest and legitimate reasons to question the President on.

.....You are hurting your own cause. There are honest and legitimate reasons to question the President on.
So political protocol is not important?

We should not debate Obamas experience (or lack there of) in protocol?

OK, you determine what we should discuss

It's not like the US government spends Millions on Protocol...right?

Or has a whole division concerning it

http://www.state.gov/s/cpr/

Managing the Office of the Chief of Protocol

The Management Division is under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director of the Office of the Chief of Protocol, a Foreign Service Officer who also serves as the Assistant Chief of Protocol for Management. The Management Division administers the human resources, financial, information management systems, security, and general services sections, and provides guidance and support to all divisions of the Office of the Chief of Protocol, to include the new offsite location of the Diplomatic Affairs Division in State Annex 33 (SA-33). The Management Division also provides program support in connection with visits and ceremonial activities, and has administrative oversight of the President's guesthouse, Blair House.

The operations of the Office of the Chief of Protocol are funded from two separate budgets.......

Hey....its only $$$$$$$$, does it matter how we spend it?

Then, your problem is not with Obama, but with this office and you want heads to roll in how they are advising him as to what is culturally appropriate with each group. Still, your hostility means that you understand my point.
Did Obama not make an appointment to head this division?

Is Obama not listening?

Your avoidance of this Random approach to protocol tells me you cannot respond to my point

But to show you I am not Hostile, You win a set of DVDs!........Good luck finding a player that works

Did Obama not make an appointment to head this division?

Is Obama not listening?

Your avoidance of this Random approach to protocol tells me you cannot respond to my point

But to show you I am not Hostile, You win a set of DVDs!........Good luck finding a player that works

We are struggling in Afghanistan, have 10.2% unemployment, and are facing the prospect of dealing with hyperinflation in the next few years, but this is the issue you pick to blast Obama? You need to learn to pick your battles.

Who cares if it's an inconsistent approach to BS protocol? Fox News and wingnuts. Seriously, how is the inconsistent approach to protocol hurting America? :doh:

......Who cares if it's an inconsistent approach to BS protocol?
Maybe its hard to make a deal with a liar?

A top Obama aide told Politico.com that the president was following protocol with the bow.

“I think that those who try to politicize those things are just way, way, way off base,” the official said. “He observes protocol.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/obama_bow_japan_akihito/2009/11/15/286394.html

Why lie about the Saudi Bow?

Earlier this year, Obama was criticized for the way he greeted Saudi King Abdullah at a G-20 meeting. The National Republican Senatorial Committee said Obama bowed to Abdullah, while the White House insisted Obama simply bent over to shake hands with the shorter king.

Are you implying that there is some conspiracy? I hope not. I've never picked up the "tin foil hat" guy vibe from you.

Seriously, what are the implications of Obama bowing?......

Cool

I think it is purposeful

I think its Obama's appeasement policy

(Big Bad US is not Bad anymore, the end of US Arrogance....et al)

I don't like it, but it is consistent with Obama Appology Tour 2009

As far as why he LIED about the Saudi Bow, Critics see this as appeasement not only to the rest of the world....but to a MUSLIM country

So the WH chooses to disregard the obvious....I think in the long run this attitude of disregard for issues is hurtful to his agenda

Archived