Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Profootball.scout.com:Redskins Sign LB (Robert Thomas)

That Redskins Fan

Well, he's got lots of starting experience in the league... 30 games with the Rams from 2002 to 2004, 9 games with the Packers in 2005, and 11 games with the Raiders through last year.

He suffered a season-ending hamstring injury week 9 against Atlanta. If his health issues are resolved, this is a good signing for depth at a position of need.

Here's an article on his signing from his hometown paper:

http://www.ivpressonline.com/articles/2009/04/08/sports/sports01.txt

Another first round bust that the skins hope will have a resurgence with a new team. Let's see if we get lucky this time.

Veteran depth who also plays special teams is never a bad thing.

Anyone check out his number with the Raiders? It sounds like those of you who got free Taylor jersies will have a rooting interest in this guy making the team. :cool:

I live in the Imperial Valley, so I know a thing or two about Robert Thomas. He is a good athlete, but a little injury prone. I have somewhat followed him in the NFL. My wife is a life long Rams fan, so she was super excited when they drafted a hometown guy in the first round. I have met Robert on several occasions and can tell you that he is a little undersized, but should be a good situational and special teams player. Don't expect him to start.

Archived