Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Profootball.scout.com:Redskins Sign LB (Robert Thomas)

That Redskins Fan

I have a bad feeling we're going to take a skill player in the first round and band-aid our real needs with signings like this.

Taking a linemen in the first round is not Danny/Vinny's style.

People keep saying things like this, but a lot of these signings are to make sure you've got a decent amount of holes filled that you don't feel like you need to reach in the draft to fill a particular position. Mostly, you would like to get the roster to a point to where you'd at the bare minimum feel comfortable going into camp with.

I live in the Imperial Valley, so I know a thing or two about Robert Thomas. He is a good athlete, but a little injury prone. I have somewhat followed him in the NFL. My wife is a life long Rams fan, so she was super excited when they drafted a hometown guy in the first round. I have met Robert on several occasions and can tell you that he is a little undersized, but should be a good situational and special teams player. Don't expect him to start.

Funny, but he seems to have managed to earn a starting spot wherever he goes. It seems like he's been a classic overachever who probably was drafted too high.

Funny, but he seems to have managed to earn a starting spot wherever he goes. It seems like he's been a classic overachever who probably was drafted too high.

Yeah I agree with you, apparently Thomas and Fletcher have played together so I know it could not hurt. He did earn a starting position everywhere he went and he did play for the BLACK HOLE and everyone knows what happens there.

Lets keep him for about 3 years for good depth. Our excellent coordinators will bring out the best in the man.

I have a bad feeling we're going to take a skill player in the first round and band-aid our real needs with signings like this.

Taking a linemen in the first round is not Danny/Vinny's style.

I don't know, they have been working out linemen on both sides of the ball. I know they have worked out a few offensive tackles and a few centers. They also met with a few DE's and LB's.

All signs point to the skins going either O-line, D-line, or LB in the 1st.

I don't know, they have been working out linemen on both sides of the ball. I know they have worked out a few offensive tackles and a few centers. They also met with a few DE's and LB's.

All signs point to the skins going either O-line, D-line, or LB in the 1st.

I was curious as to what oline we have worked out. Do you know?

Hey he is more depth, which is good. Maybee if he can stay healthy for us this year,(sounds like he has been banged up quit a bit latley) he could play to his potential and contribute!!

If he could stay healthy he might be an average starter. Worst case he should be able to provide depth which is something we don't have. Khary Campbell is still a FA so it's not like we have much on the roster behind our starters. I'd still like to see Washington come back at a vet min and see a rotation of guys at that spot.

Hey he is more depth, which is good. Maybee if he can stay healthy for us this year,(sounds like he has been banged up quit a bit latley) he could play to his potential and contribute!!

The guy who works at the liquor store is depth, and so is this guy.

Why do the Redskins sign a smallish linebacker who has had trouble staying healthy and has never had a sack in his adult life...and has even had difficulty finding the ball carrier even when he played in every game?

Those are some DAMN good questions I would like an answer too. The only think I can think of is perhaps they are doing it to make Marcus Washington hurry up and make a decision, before we sign every availabe scrub linebacker in the NFL and former Arena League along with college dropouts.

P.S. Does anybody know if we signed Kedric Goldston to a tender yet? He is listed on the roster still.

The guy who works at the liquor store is depth, and so is this guy.

Why do the Redskins sign a smallish linebacker who has had trouble staying healthy and has never had a sack in his adult life...and has even had difficulty finding the ball carrier even when he played in every game?

Those are some DAMN good questions I would like an answer too. The only think I can think of is perhaps they are doing it to make Marcus Washington hurry up and make a decision, before we sign every availabe scrub linebacker in the NFL and former Arena League along with college dropouts.

P.S. Does anybody know if we signed Kedric Goldston to a tender yet? He is listed on the roster still.

hey if thats the case, more power to the FO.

We don't have time to wait around on MW. Perhaps he needs a "sign" sent his way.

Worst case scenerio, he gets cut after camp. No harm, no loss.

There is NO WAY London was not consulted on this. It seems as if his opinion is obtained before every signing on HIS side of the ball, Especially one which concerns a guy he's personally played with.

I trust London...

There is NO WAY London was not consulted on this. It seems as if his opinion is obtained before every signing on HIS side of the ball, Especially one which concerns a guy he's personally played with.

I trust London...

Sorry to disappoint you Arsenic, but if the front office didn't consult London on a trade involving the teams QB and TWO first round draft picks, I seriously doubt they consulted London on a has been/never was scrub of a linebacker.

Thats just my opinion of course...but its right!

Good signing for depth

He's cheap and can back-up all three spots

Then during training camp who knows?

He might get cut OR he might win the starting spot and become the next Harrison (Steelers)

Bingo. He should have something to prove to himself and his doubters. I like this signing. I hope he stays healthy for us.

Archived