Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Capitals - Playoff Hockey - Next Season Guys! Congrats!

Springfield

I have no idea how easy this will be able to sell since it is a single ticket by itself:

I will have 1 ticket available to various playoff games. I am a Caps season ticket holder and a sports journalist for a local community paper in MD (hence I have to work nights to cover games). Any game I cannot go to will be posted for sale in classifieds once dates are set and I know my work schedule.

I will only be seeking face value (price will range from 60-90 bucks depending on round) as long as you are a Caps fan that ROCKS THE RED and can meet in person in Montgomery County, Md.

Location isn't great, but its in sec 425 (upper deck end)

The best part is, we're only going to get better. From the limited knowledge that I do have, it looks like we have some really good talents in the farm system, so our future is bright!

Aucoin... who has seen limited playing time with the Capitals this season, will be a total stud. Varlamov is set to take over the reigns possibly as early as next year as our goaltender.

Things are most certainly looking bright.

Aucoin... who has seen limited playing time with the Capitals this season, will be a total stud. Varlamov is set to take over the reigns possibly as early as next year as our goaltender.

Only problem is Aucoin is 30 :)

I am hoping he is the John Druce of this year's playoff. Gritty guy that comes in and gives us some clutch scoring

I think Varlamov needs to work on his english. It was apparent there was some miscommunication going on between him and the D against Buffalo

But as you say, this program is looking very bright.

I have no idea how easy this will be able to sell since it is a single ticket by itself:

I will have 1 ticket available to various playoff games. I am a Caps season ticket holder and a sports journalist for a local community paper in MD (hence I have to work nights to cover games). Any game I cannot go to will be posted for sale in classifieds once dates are set and I know my work schedule.

I will only be seeking face value (price will range from 60-90 bucks depending on round) as long as you are a Caps fan that ROCKS THE RED and can meet in person in Montgomery County, Md.

Location isn't great, but its in sec 425 (upper deck end)

contact ACW. He's dying to go.

As previously mentioned, Aucoin ain't no spring chicken. Oskar Osala, however, has real potential to be a physical forward with good board-work.

You know, it really is amazing how many tickets are on Ebay, StubHub, RazorGator...... Gotta be half the stadium :doh:. There are close to 400 auctions on Ebay, from 1-13 tickets. Let's say it averages to 4 tickets per auction, that is 1600 on Ebay alone. 10% of the arena on Ebay. Way to go ticket office! Screw the fans by selling to brokers. Make the fan pay 150% more than face.

You know, it really is amazing how many tickets are on Ebay, StubHub, RazorGator...... Gotta be half the stadium :doh:. There are close to 400 auctions on Ebay, from 1-13 tickets. Let's say it averages to 4 tickets per auction, that is 1600 on Ebay alone. 10% of the arena on Ebay. Way to go ticket office! Screw the fans by selling to brokers. Make the fan pay 150% more than face.
Maddening :mad:

Meanwhile, the non-STH fans get screwed :mad::mad:

Maddening :mad:

Meanwhile, the non-STH fans get screwed :mad::mad:

There are a couple good Caps fans on Ebay selling tix for face. I saw 2 auctions by Caps fans that have to travel selling 1 set of LL tix for 5% under face, and one suite owner selling 2 seats in his suite for under face. The rest? Easily 150% of face.

BTW, it was 5 years ago today the Caps won the draft lottery and landed AO

The Caps had the 3rd worst record that year. Without winning the lottery, we would have drafted, Cam Barker :)

I think the NFL should have a lottery too

no league should have a lottery.....they should all do it like the NFL does it.

I don't really like the lottery either...it punishes really bad teams (IMO).

However I'm sure NFL GMs disagree these days with the #1 overall pick making > 30mill guaranteed before every playing a snap.

no league should have a lottery.....they should all do it like the NFL does it.

I'd rather not see teams completely tank down the stretch in the NBA or NHL

The Penguins in 1983 were basically playing all guys off the street to make sure they got Mario Lemiux. It was a disgrace that people had to watch that piss poor product on the ice

The Penguins in 1983 were basically playing all guys off the street to make sure they got Mario Lemiux. It was a disgrace that people had to watch that piss poor product on the ice

on the other hand, the lottery was rigged to make sure the pens got crosby after the lockout.

teams still tank.....the worst your record, the better your chance of winning the lottery....San Antonio tanked to get Tim Duncan. Cleveland tanked to get Lebron. The Wizards should be tanking to get Griffin.

I still don't buy that argument.

If it was rigged, Crosby ends up a Ranger and plays in the biggest US market

I agree. I also agree that the NBA rigged the lottery for NY in order for them to land Pat Ewing.

It their was no lottery, it would be cut and dry....no rigging anything.

I sure am glad we got Ovechkin though!

I'm Canadian and I hate hockey. That being said, I really hope that the Caps win it all this year, and sweep the Penguins if they do meet in the playoffs, solely to see Don Cherry have an aneurysm live on Hockey Night in Canada.

He hates any hockey player, or anybody for that matter, not born in Canada, and gets on Ovechkin for everything and anything, like his goal celebrations, saying they are contrived. I have seen one time where Ovechkin's celebration was contrived, the 50th goal "my stick is on fire" thing, but all others are just a kid who loves hockey celebrating a goal and having fun. Yet Don Cherry thinks Tiger Williams riding his stick around the ice after he scored one of his rare goals is perfectly acceptable.

Go Caps, and show Canadians who the REAL best player in the NHL is.

I still don't buy that argument.

If it was rigged, Crosby ends up a Ranger and plays in the biggest US market

The Penguins were on the verge of bankruptcy and were looking at moving out of Pittsburgh. Bettman couldn't allow that to happen. Now all of the sudden they're building a new stadium.

I'm Canadian and I hate hockey. That being said, I really hope that the Caps win it all this year, and sweep the Penguins if they do meet in the playoffs, solely to see Don Cherry have an aneurysm live on Hockey Night in Canada.

He hates any hockey player, or anybody for that matter, not born in Canada, and gets on Ovechkin for everything and anything, like his goal celebrations, saying they are contrived. I have seen one time where Ovechkin's celebration was contrived, the 50th goal "my stick is on fire" thing, but all others are just a kid who loves hockey celebrating a goal and having fun. Yet Don Cherry thinks Tiger Williams riding his stick around the ice after he scored one of his rare goals is perfectly acceptable.

Go Caps, and show Canadians who the REAL best player in the NHL is.

The funny thing is, the "the stick is on fire" came AFTER Cherry complained about his celebrations.

The funny thing is, the "the stick is on fire" came AFTER Cherry complained about his celebrations.

The other funny thing, and I know it's been brought up before, is that back in the day the North Americans absolutely loathed the Soviet hockey players and thought that they were robots becaused they never smiled or showed any enthusiasm on the ice. The Canadians were jumping all over each other when they beat them in the Canada Cup in 87, and that's how you were "supposed" to play and act as a hockey player. Now apparently Don Cherry is saying it's the exact opposite, weird.

Archived