Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Capitals - Playoff Hockey - Next Season Guys! Congrats!

Springfield

Lets Go Rangers!!!!!

They will be going home, maybe after 4 games, but i'll give you all one, so after 5 games :D

I believe because it's a nationally televised game.

That makes sense but i dont see this posted anywhere as of yet, just want to know where he got that info from. Well , we should know for sure in a couple of hours when the official schedule is released, hittin f5 on nhl.com every 15 mins.

Why would they schedule game 2 before game 1? Where did you get this info at? If true that means game 1 is thursday ughhh

I guess I should have said originally that this was posted on the capitals message board, I didn't watch hockey today but apparently when they signed off on NBC, Doc said next Saturday at 1, we'll see Alex Ovechkin take on the NY Rangers.

http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/index.php?showtopic=84895

Looks like we'll have to wait a little while longer according to nhl.com

2009 Stanley Cup Playoff match-ups determined Sunday, 04.12.2009 / 7:32 PM / News NHL.comNEW YORK -- The match-ups for the eight Conference Quarter-Final series of the 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs have been determined. The match-ups are:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Series 'A' - #1 Boston Bruins vs. #8 Montreal Canadiens

Series 'B' - #2 Washington Capitals vs. #7 New York Rangers

Series 'C' - #3 New Jersey Devils vs. #6 Carolina Hurricanes

Series 'D' - #4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #5 Philadelphia Flyers

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Series 'E' - #1 San Jose Sharks vs. #8 Anaheim Ducks

Series 'F' - #2 Detroit Red Wings vs. #7 Columbus Blue Jackets

Series 'G' - #3 Vancouver Canucks vs. #6 St. Louis Blues

Series 'H' - #4 Chicago Blackhawks vs. #5 Calgary Flames

Dates for these series will be announced later. A complete list of start times and broadcast information will be released when available. The 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs open Wednesday, Apr. 15.

^^ Yea and yesterday the article said times and dates will be announced after sundays (todays) games.. its after the games damnit lol Wife needs to know so she can get off early for whenever game 1 is, been looking all night

Game 1 is Wednesday night and Game 2 is Saturday afternoon at 1:00 pm on NBC.

The rest of the schedule is up on a thread on http://boards.washingtoncaps.com if you need to know.

Game 1 is Wednesday night and Game 2 is Saturday afternoon at 1:00 pm on NBC.

The rest of the schedule is up on a thread on http://boards.washingtoncaps.com if you need to know.

Looks like its really wednesday that is just plain DUMB with a concert the night before at Verizon, the ice will be in crappy condition for the game. But im awaiting final say from the nhl before i believe hearsay from a forum heh

looks like its up on TSN

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=684 Wednesday it is, wow thats messed up, at least we are used to the bad ice, hopefully the Rangers are not

From Caps website..POSTED http://capitals.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=418002

NHL ANNOUNCES 2009 STANLEY CUP CONFERENCE QUARTER-FINAL SCHEDULE Apr 12, 2009, 11:24 PM EDT NEW YORK (April 12, 2009) – The National Hockey League tonight announced the dates, times and national broadcast information for the 2009 Stanley Cup Conference Quarter-Final round, which begins Wednesday, April 15.

2009 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER-FINALS

SERIES A TIME (ET) #1 BOSTON vs. #8 MONTREAL NETWORK

Thursday, April 16 7 p.m. Montreal at Boston CBC, RDS

Saturday, April 18 8 p.m. Montreal at Boston VERSUS, CBC, RDS

Monday, April 20 7 p.m. Boston at Montreal CBC, RDS

Wednesday, April 22 7 p.m. Boston at Montreal CBC, RDS

*Saturday, April 25 7 p.m. Montreal at Boston CBC, RDS

*Monday, April 27 TBD Boston at Montreal CBC, RDS

*Wednesday, April 29 TBD Montreal at Boston CBC, RDS

SERIES B TIME (ET) #2 WASHINGTON vs. #7 NY RANGERS NETWORK

Wednesday, April 15 7 p.m. NY Rangers at Washington TSN

Saturday, April 18 1 p.m. NY Rangers at Washington NBC, TSN

Monday, April 20 7 p.m. Washington at NY Rangers VERSUS, TSN

Wednesday, April 22 7 p.m. Washington at NY Rangers VERSUS, TSN

*Friday, April 24 7 p.m. NY Rangers at Washington VERSUS, TSN, RDS

*Sunday, April 26 2 p.m. Washington at NY Rangers NBC, TSN, RDS

*Tuesday, April 28 TBD NY Rangers at Washington VERSUS, TSN, RDS

SERIES C TIME (ET) #3 NEW JERSEY vs. #6 CAROLINA NETWORK

Wednesday, April 15 7:30 p.m. Carolina at New Jersey TSN, RIS

Friday, April 17 7:30 p.m. Carolina at New Jersey TSN, RIS

Sunday, April 19 7:30 p.m. New Jersey at Carolina TSN, RIS

Tuesday, April 21 7:30 p.m. New Jersey at Carolina TSN, RIS

*Thursday, April 23 7:30 p.m. Carolina at New Jersey TSN, RIS

*Sunday, April 26 TBD New Jersey at Carolina TSN, VERSUS

*Tuesday, April 28 7:30 p.m. Carolina at New Jersey TSN

SERIES D TIME (ET) #4 PITTSBURGH vs. PHILADELPHIA NETWORK

Wednesday, April 15 7 p.m. Philadelphia at Pittsburgh VERSUS, CBC, RDS

Friday, April 17 7 p.m. Philadelphia at Pittsburgh VERSUS, CBC, RDS

Sunday, April 19 3 p.m. Pittsburgh at Philadelphia NBC, CBC, RDS

Tuesday, April 21 7 p.m. Pittsburgh at Philadelphia VERSUS, CBC, RDS

*Thursday, April 23 7 p.m. Philadelphia at Pittsburgh VERSUS, CBC, RDS

*Saturday, April 25 3 p.m. Pittsburgh at Philadelphia NBC, CBC

*Monday , April 27 TBD Philadelphia at Pittsburgh VERSUS, CBC

Wednesday it is, wow thats messed up, at least we are used to the bad ice, hopefully the Rangers are not

The Rangers play on the Worst Ice, bar none, in the league. MSG has something going on pretty much every night. They're used to bad ice, they live on bad ice, and it will be an underrated factor in this series. With our ice being terrible, and the ice at MSG being terrible, it's going to negate a lot of our skill, and play right into the hands of the grinding Rangers who can't score but play solid D and have a great goalie. Expect a lot of 2-1, 3-2 games. Also expect a ton of OT games, the Rangers lived off of them this year. This series will be a lot closer than people think and it could come down to a lucky bounce of the puck here or there, which is sad and disappointing considering that the Capitals are clearly a cut above the blueshirts.

I see about the Versus thing. I was reading on the HFBoards forum and it wasn't clear who was broadcasting what, Versus, Comcast, etc. Now I think it's cleared up now.

Anyways, I noticed in today's Post that the Capitals went 3-1 against the Rangers in the regular season. However those games, according to my Rangers friend, all happened before "Torts" took over for Renney, and the Rangers have been playing better since Torts began coaching the Rangers. It should be a good entertaining series but hopefully the Caps win. Hopefully Avery doesn't do anything stupid. He's mostly behaved himself so far in the Rangers uniform.

The Rangers play on the Worst Ice, bar none, in the league. MSG has something going on pretty much every night. They're used to bad ice, they live on bad ice, and it will be an underrated factor in this series. With our ice being terrible, and the ice at MSG being terrible, it's going to negate a lot of our skill, and play right into the hands of the grinding Rangers who can't score but play solid D and have a great goalie. Expect a lot of 2-1, 3-2 games. Also expect a ton of OT games, the Rangers lived off of them this year. This series will be a lot closer than people think and it could come down to a lucky bounce of the puck here or there, which is sad and disappointing considering that the Capitals are clearly a cut above the blueshirts.

The rangers lived of SHOOTOUT games, which are NOT a part of the playoffs. 10 freaking shootout wins! that's ridiculous.

Archived