Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Insider suggesting the 'Skins will target.....

hunterx

Slide Jansen to Left Tackle...we see how credible this source is...doesn't even realize that Samuels is way better than Jansen....Ridiculous

exactly. no way in hell does jansen move to left tackle. moving him to guard as a backup, yes. but no way is he better than samuel. nor is he better than either guard we have now.

It does, but it would be useless to those that don't subscribe to their Insider service.

Yah I didn't link to anything b/c you need an Insider acct. If you have one, it's on the front page of the NFL ESPN page. Look at the right news colum, it's the last one listed.

I agree the article is a bunch of crap, the authors idea of filling the need at LT is ignorant. No author listed on the article, probably for good reason.

I hope so also. If none of the top tackles are available, I really want us to trade back and get more picks. We have a lot of holes that need to be filled in the trenches.

If Oher was sitting at 13 I would still trade back and see if we could get a William Beatty or Eben Britton.

Ima put it like this with my experience from seeing the skins operate I would not be the least bit surprised if they use up one of the latter picks for a QB (Bonehead move IMO)

But I know they can't be that crazy to pick a QB @ 13..I would really be pissed at that point

Ima put it like this with my experience from seeing the skins operate I would not be the least bit surprised if they use up one of the latter picks for a QB (Bonehead move IMO)

But I know they can't be that crazy to pick a QB @ 13..I would really be pissed at that point

I dont know, I dont think even the Skins would be boneheaded enough to draft a late round QB.

They can only keep 3 QBs on the roster, so if they drafted a late round QB, they certainly wouldnt expect him to unseat JC, and they wouldnt cut TC as he is 2nd string, and CB showed too much promise to be cut. He would never have a chance of making the team. Not to say the Skins are all to smart about these things, but even for them that should be a no brainer.

Besides the utter b/s on the tackles from the writer, (JJ to left tackle perrrrrlease!), this is the third time this weekend I've either read or watched a piece on how seriously interested we supposedly are in Sanchez.

This may just be yet more utter speculation, but besides the fact next years draft class is far more talented than this, (I really like Bradford from OU for one who, IMHO, is destined for big things in this league), I'd be UBER pissed at the front office if they took a rookie who may or may not turn out to be something with that 13 pick when it could be used on a 3 year vet. many think will be a star in this league for many years to come. :mad:

Hail.

If Oher was sitting at 13 I would still trade back and see if we could get a William Beatty or Eben Britton.

I like Oher and would be happy if the Skins got him. I would prefer the any of the others top 3 tackles over him. I wouldn't be too angry if we trade back with him available as long as we used a top pick on a OT.

Side note: Looking at your list in you sig, I noticed a couple players from LSU. Quinn Johnson is a mack truck out on the football field. He made a number of key blocks for their running game. One LSU guy that not many people are talking about, probably because he should have stayed one more year, is Ricky Jean-Francois. If he falls far enough, I would love to see him on the Skins. He has the talent of a first rounder but got into some grade troubles. He was the defensive MVP for the championship 2 years ago.

So this speculation is based off us working out Sanchez and Cerrato saying JC is our starter "this season" ?

This is a big strecth, even for ESPN. Lots of tams workout players they are not going to draft. One of the advantages is you get a heads up on the strengths and weaknesses of that player, which helps if you have to face them.

Cerrato's comment seemed more indicative of him not being sure at this point if Campbell wil get an extension. Trying to get out of that comment that we are going to get another QB is a big stretch IMO. I am positive we will do everything we can to trade down, but if we stay at 13 I highly doubt we draft Sanchez.

However, the one thing this speculation is good for is giving other teams the idea we might take him, which could prompt them to be more willing to trade with us if they want Sanchez.

I like Oher and would be happy if the Skins got him. I would prefer the any of the others top 3 tackles over him. I wouldn't be too angry if we trade back with him available as long as we used a top pick on a OT.

Side note: Looking at your list in you sig, I noticed a couple players from LSU. Quinn Johnson is a mack truck out on the football field. He made a number of key blocks for their running game. One LSU guy that not many people are talking about, probably because he should have stayed one more year, is Ricky Jean-Francois. If he falls far enough, I would love to see him on the Skins. He has the talent of a first rounder but got into some grade troubles. He was the defensive MVP for the championship 2 years ago.

I think I was watching a clip of the Pro Days down in Baton Rouge and the LSU Beat writter was talking about Ricky Jean-Francois on the NFL Network. He said Ricky Jean-Francois was a pretty much unknown talent because of his injuries at LSU. I would even trade a future draft pick to move in the 4th if he was available. I think Quinn Johnson could take over for the Meast since he is getting up thier in age.

To the author of this article: Smack yourself.

But back on the topic of the Skins drafting Sanchez or any other QB for that matter will not happen this year. You don't spend millions on AH, DH and DD unless you have the intentions to compete for a championship. We are not on rebuilding mode, that might be the case next year depending on JC's performance but not this year. Plus why draft a QB that high when he's most likely going to ride the bench next year anyway?

Wouldn't the wait and see approach make sense here? If JC stinks it up next year you will most likely have another high pick in the first and there are players like McCoy & Bradford coming out....just sayin'

There no way we spend our 1st rounder (1 of the 5 picks we have) on a QB. We just don't have the luxury to do that. We most likely go LB in the first if we can't find a trading partner.

If we did draft Sanchez, then Colt would have been another wasted Vinny pick.

I disagree with that. Colt Brennan was drafted in the 6th round. Plenty of 6th rounders don't even make an NFL roster. Forget being starting QB. When we drafted him, I hoped he could be a good backup. Of course, plenty here seem to think that Colt can surpass Brady as the greatest steal in the history of mankind, but that's still unlikely.

Back to the ESPN Insider post, whoever wrote that probably never watched the Redskins. Seriously, LT as a position of need? Probably doesn't even know we have a guy named Chris Samuels on our team. Likely just googled Redskins and mock drafts and saw a lot of OTs being selected for the Skins to meet their need (for RT).

At this point, I won't be surprised what the franchise does. Everyone knows that Campbell isn't guaranteed anything beyond this season unless he performs well. In some cases, you could say that getting Sanchez now even with Campbell makes more sense than getting Campbell back in 2005 when we had Ramsey.

Still feel it would be a terrible move, and hope that it isn't being seriously considered. Search through ES, you'll see threads on how we always work the top prospects, regardless of position. The Redskins brought in Jamarcus Russell for a workout. Didn't mean that we'd draft him.

Doesn't make much sense I think its just media BS. What makes better sense is give JC his contract year to see if he really is the answer because there is a lot better QB talent in next years draft then this one (McCoy, Tebow and Bradford)

R-E-L-A-X. The Redskins will not draft a QB...however, this should not stop them from expressing great interest in him for this reason:

IF Sanchez is available at #13, a team like Detroit might be willing to move up to trade for him from the #20 spot. Just a thought.

Doesn't make much sense I think its just media BS. What makes better sense is give JC his contract year to see if he really is the answer because there is a lot better QB talent in next years draft then this one (McCoy, Tebow and Bradford)

1) Tebow rates poorly as an NFL QB. Same expect him to play TE or FB in NFL.

2) Although I like McCoy, people have issues with his arm strength.

3) Some were saying Sanchez could compete with Bradford for #1 pick next year if he stayed.

Other than Bradford, whom are the better prospect? Not to mention, to get Bradford, we would have to be worst team in NFL.

Drafting Sanchez would not be bad idea. At best, we have Brees & Rivers scenario. At worst, JC sux again, Sanchez gets a year learning and be ready following year. Like that idea better than, drafting a rookie QB in 2010 and starting him right away.

R-E-L-A-X. The Redskins will not draft a QB...however, this should not stop them from expressing great interest in him for this reason:

IF Sanchez is available at #13, a team like Detroit might be willing to move up to trade for him from the #20 spot. Just a thought.

This idea I like! I hope the pieces fall in place for something like this. We have more holes than picks. I would like to think our QB situation is established for this season. Many teams would like to have Collins as a backup and if we get Campbell some time by shoring up the line, maybe, just maybe he will lose the "deer in headlights" look.

If team's drafting later than us think we are going to take Sanchez at #13, they wouldn't necessarily try to trade up to #13. They would more likely try to trade with Denver at #12 or even higher to block us from drafting Sanchez.

Unless...the team trading up thought they could offer so much to move to #13 that we would drop the notion of drafting Sanchez and move back.

Archived