Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who was the team MVP in 2008

McD5

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I am torn between Fletcher, the obvious pick on defense, and D Hall, who will likely get fewer votes.

Fletcher is incredible.

D Hall came in, immediately sent Carlos to the bench, and made us remember what interceptions look like.

While I agree D Hall came in and made some picks...something we BADLY need.

He also worried me at the same time.....while he got worked over really badly by Desean Jackson in the second philly game. Luckly Desean did him a favor by dropping 2 deep bombs that probably would have lost us the game. Pretty sure if Desean catches those balls we might have a little different perception of D Hall.

But....obviously I hope for the best.....hope he turns it on this year. Hes getting paid shutdown corner money...

This is an easy one. It's London Fletcher by a mile. Why you ask? Cause the defense was solid most of the year and London headed it up. Portis had a great year, but the offense didn't come through when they needed to score points. And he threw the coach under the bus with several games left in the year. So, he wasn't the model citizen that we needed to win the last games.

I say Clinton Portis hands down. He put everything on the line as usual was really our crutch on offense, without him we wouldn't have had the success we did have early on.

Jason Campbell started the season out very nice, but of course faded.

Defensively, London Fletcher of course. Laron Landry made some big plays last year too. Chris Horton did early on.

I'm a huge fan of Portis; however, we were 29th or 30th in scoring offense so that should disqualify every offensive player on the team when your defense was #6 in the league.

Our defensive captain is LFB so he is the clear cut winner; however, up until Blache decided to bench Rogers, Rogers was in the running. Rogers didn't tail off until Blache benched him.

Hall is laughable. The only CB that we had that was a mainstay last year was Rogers. He shut down many of the top WRs in the league and was playing alongside Smoot for much of the season. Hall came in and got a couple of picks but our defense played worse with him in there and Rogers out. Hall was also beat twice for TDs against Philly that Jackson dropped. Hall has problems with speed.

While ST did get exposed quite a bit, i think my vote would go to him. He had some amazing games. Remember that carolina game? Him and vernon fox looked legit out there.
06 was the year we played Carolina and ST got to play with the great doube A and he had a down year. The guy racked up a **** load of tackles. 07 is when he played with Landry and went back to playing center field and bounced back to form.

Clinton Portis (and Mike Sellers) without him running as well as he did, then the offense would have been abysmal(we still had no consistent passing game with Portis running wild) and that means way more 3 and outs.So then our defense would not have been as effective as it was.

I can't believe so many people are picking Portis over Fletcher...

Don't get me wrong, Portis had a really good season, and he carried the offense. The only problem was our offense sucked.

Fletcher was a beast, as always, and led our defense. It was one of the highest rated defenses in the NFL. Fletcher should be the obvious choice imo.

Carlos Rogers played better than Hall for a longer period of time during the season. Also Carter and Griffin were good too, they just didn't put up ridiculous numbers. Also, lets not forget about Moss--he had a good season and was a huge part of some of our wins (Lions/Saints).

The most consistently productive player was definitely Portis, and he got the MVP talk from the first half of the season (and rightly so). He should win our MVP this season.

But in terms of our most important player, it'd definitely be Campbell. He kicked ass the first half of the season and we went 6-2. Then he regressed, became inaccurate and skittish and struggled in the second half and went 2-6. The signature plays of our signature wins were usually his creation such as the Moss TD in the Saints game that was the impetus for our fast start. Also, his monstrous Dallas at Dallas game gave us hope that we could do something that season.

I remember thinking multiple times early last season "Holy crap, we have a real QB!" And I know a bunch of you all thought the same but have forgotten that you did, due to how poorly the season ended. But here's hoping that Campbell can put a complete season together like last year's first half. If he does we will definitely make the playoffs.

Pretty surprised there's such a big swing in Clinton's favour over Fletch TBH.

Admittedly through no fault of his own, but Portis did tail off the second half of the year, while Fletcher was pretty darn solid the whole way through.

And 8 of you voted the first option? EIGHT? :yikes:

You guy's have got to be doing that for ***** 'n giggles, as with the best will in the World, you can't actually believe that. :doh:

Hail.

Archived