Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who was the team MVP in 2008

McD5

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

DeAngelo came readily to mind here too McD5, but if your looking for an MVP on the year, you really need to take it over the whole year. Not Hall's fault, but he came in late, so IMHO, can't really be in consideration.

Hail.

*And whomever has put a vote up for the first choice is SERIOUSLY clowning around.

I agree but also question why Cooley's name is on there as well.

Both true, and the voting was extremely close between TC and ST last year.

McD5, can you dig up the vote threads and link them?

My vote is Fletcher. The QB of the defense, and the defense lead the team. He was awesome all year.

Nobody on offense deserved an MVP when you average 16.6 points per game. And Portis proved to be a complete headache with his outbursts. Yes, he played well, almost 1500 yards, but taking everything into account, a guy who goes on the radio and calls out his teammates and coaches doesn't deserve an MVP, whether they were deserving of it or not.

I agree but also question why Cooley's name is on there as well.

Cooley set career highs in yards and catches, I believe, and ranked in the top 5 for TEs in those categories, I think. The TDs were missing. He also had to stay in to block a lot because the O-Line was like a sieve. On the offensive side of the ball, if I HAD to give an MVP award, it would go to Cooley. For production and leadership. Portis was too much of a headache and a cry baby, and wore down down the stretch.

Archived