Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who was the team MVP in 2008

McD5

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

06 was the year we played Carolina and ST got to play with the great doube A and he had a down year. The guy racked up a **** load of tackles. 07 is when he played with Landry and went back to playing center field and bounced back to form.

Vernon Fox played the majority of the game, and got a pick. ST's season was tainted by archuleta, but when archuleta was relegated to special teams (where he belongs), ST just got better and better.

Pretty surprised there's such a big swing in Clinton's favour over Fletch TBH.

Admittedly through no fault of his own, but Portis did tail off the second half of the year, while Fletcher was pretty darn solid the whole way through.

And 8 of you voted the first option? EIGHT? :yikes:

You guy's have got to be doing that for ***** 'n giggles, as with the best will in the World, you can't actually believe that. :doh:

Hail.

well... at least you are consistent with your JC-hating

well... at least you are consistent with your JC-hating

And you more so with your arrogant, utterly disrespectful calling of anyone that dare's to question the current QB a "hater.":doh:

Seriously, sit there straight faced and make the case that he was the team MVP last year, as you apparently take umbrage at what I said.

Hail.

And you more so with your arrogant, utterly disrespectful calling of anyone that dare's to question the current QB a "hater.":doh:

Seriously, sit there straight faced and make the case that he was the team MVP last year, as you apparently take umbrage at what I said.

Hail.

you "hate on" JC every opportunity you have. that's pretty much the definition of being a "hater"

that said, it is a little ridiculous to vote for JC. he had an efficient first half of the season. he made good decisions, and while he didnt stretch the field too much, he did refrain from turning it over. but the second half was depressing. while his play suffered from injuries and poor play around him, he still didnt play well. CP played with the same injuries and poor play around him, and was comparatively more successful than JC.

either way, like i said before, Fletcher was the MVP.

I don't see how this can go to anyone else besides Portis. Portis has been the heart and soul of this team ever since he arrived here.

while he gave everything he had on the field, his production fell off for the second half of the season. Fletcher brought it game in and game out. On top of that he is the leader of the defense. a defense that was the only reason we were in games.

Hail.

Sorry, but you intimating that people are stupid for disagreeing with you about Campbell is arrogant and "utterly disrespectful". Everyone knows how you feel about him, why are you getting so defensive when someone calls you out on the opinion you so often argue?

Sorry, but you intimating that people are stupid for disagreeing with you about Campbell is arrogant and "utterly disrespectful". Everyone knows how you feel about him, why are you getting so defensive when someone calls you out on the opinion you so often argue?

Just WHERE in the heck do you get that from that? :doh:

Sharing a different opinion on the man, based on his career to date, doesn't make me, or anyone else, a "hater", nor doe's it make anyone else "stupid" for thinking the counter argument.

It's their prerogative, as it's mine, or yours, or whomever to say what they think. That's the beauty if the Country we live in and that thing called democracy.

How hard is that to see without resorting to the school yard name calling?

Hail.

I believe what you are saying is valid, and I fully expect to see Fletcher with the most votes on at least the defensive side of the ball.

I agree with that....but throwing one vote up there for an exciting guy that creates turnovers--something we haven't had a lot of in a while. :cheers:

I seriously considered voting for D. Hall cause of the turnovers (and maybe cause I'm a VT homer), but I'd have to vote Fletch over him....but then again CP was a beast again....it's def between Fletcher n CP...

Edit: Couldn't decide between Fletcher and CP so I voted for Horton...

Whatever his numbers, Portis was the only guy I expected to put on his best performance every week even if that translated to two yards a carry behind an awful OL. Fletcher was as great as ever also, once again the heart and soul of the defense.

I pick Chris Horton. 7th round pick; # 249.

Did you know he was given a performance based bonus by the NFL? That's right, one of 19 NFL players.

He got $342,197 in bonus pay straight from the NFL. HE EARNED IT.

So, he is my MVP!

Bonus Pay from 2008 Announced — Chargers offensive tackle Jeromey Clary was the big winner in the NFL’s performance-based pay system for 2008. Clary, a 2006 sixth-round draft pick from Kansas State, earned $405,859 in additional pay for his work with 8-8 San Diego. Nearly $105 million in performance-based pay was distributed to 19 players from the 2008 season. Created as part of the 2002 collective bargaining agreement extension with the NFL Players Association, the system gives financial compensation based on a comparison of playing time to salary. Other notables were Redskins safety Chris Horton ($342,197) and Steelers offensive tackle Willie Colon, who led the list a year ago with $309,534, but was 16th this time at $267,422.

Here is a recap of the NFL meetings and rule changes:

http://lloydvance.wordpress.com/2009/03/28/2009-nfl-owners-meeting-review/

Archived