Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox news Mocks Canadian Military

artmonkforHOF

The ignorance of Fox News on this is appalling, especially considering we just had another 4 soldiers die in the past few days. First link is the article, second link is the youtube clip of the segment. Go ahead and make fun of the Canadian Military for it's size, it's budget, it's weapons or lack thereof, but don't mock the Canadian military when our troops are dying from a war that you started and forgot to finish. We are stuck cleaning up the mess you left so you can focus your efforts in Iraq, and this is how these punks thank us?

Another panelist Doug Benson said he was unaware Canadian troops were on the ground in Afghanistan.

"I didn't even know they were in the war. I thought that's where you go if you don't want to fight - you go chill in Canada," he said.

The Canadian military is not a strong force, but we do what we can when our neighbours ask for help. Maybe these punks would prefer it if you guys sent a few thousand troops to Kabul and had to spend about $10billlion of your own money on the mission and deal with 5-10 deaths per week. talk about being ungrateful, just makes me sick.

News Article:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2009/03/22/8847666-sun.html

Youtube clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJn5XlbSFk

The ignorance of Fox News on this is appalling, especially considering we just had another 4 soldiers die in the past few days. First link is the article, second link is the youtube clip of the segment. Go ahead and make fun of the Canadian Military for it's size, it's budget, it's weapons or lack thereof, but don't mock the Canadian military when our troops are dying from a war that you started and forgot to finish. We are stuck cleaning up the mess you left so you can focus your efforts in Iraq, and this is how these punks thank us?

Another panelist Doug Benson said he was unaware Canadian troops were on the ground in Afghanistan.

"I didn't even know they were in the war. I thought that's where you go if you don't want to fight - you go chill in Canada," he said.

The Canadian military is not a strong force, but we do what we can when our neighbours ask for help. Maybe these punks would prefer it if you guys sent a few thousand troops to Kabul and had to spend about $10billlion of your own money on the mission and deal with 5-10 deaths per week. talk about being ungrateful, just makes me sick.

Who is this "you" that you're referring to?

A bit much to take it so far. More respect should be shown for what support they have given us. But come on. A nations entire military taking a year off? That is pretty funny.

for the record, we don't spend nearly what the US does on it's military. You could take all the money you spend on the military in 1 year and run all of Canada's "evil social programs" like health care for about 18 years.

We have given you guys all we can and then some.

And its not like the Canadian military will cease to exist for 1 year, we just won't be doing any overseas missions for a year until we can replenish our supplies and give our over worked troops some much needed time off. (I have red posts of US soldiers complaining about 3 tours of duty, try doing 9-that's what Canadian soldiers are AVERAGING in this war).

I think your anger would be better directed at our other allies dragging their feet,but I do appreciate the effort and sacrifices made by our friends up North...and feel the show was disrespectful.

Saying we left it up to them is a bit off though,and just as insulting to our troops that have carried the load.

http://icasualties.org/OEF/ByNationality.aspx

Image.aspx?UseSession=true&ChartID=18f4612d-81b5-3784-bede-ed4af7b0429d_chart_ctl00$Main$rcNation&imageFormat=Png&random=0.586941947502523

for the record, we don't spend nearly what the US does on it's military. You could take all the money you spend on the military in 1 year and run all of Canada's "evil social programs" like health care for about 18 years.

And its not like the Canadian military will cease to exist for 1 year, we just won't be doing any overseas missions for a year until we can replenish our supplies and give our over worked troops some much needed time off. (I have red posts of US soldiers complaining about 3 tours of duty, try doing 9-that's what Canadian soldiers are AVERAGING in this war).

Of course, the US and the US Military does nothing for Canada or Canadian interests abroad or at home.

It's all on Canada. They're helping, and those **** Americans just aren't grateful! And we mock them at every turn!!! I mean, Fox News made a joke! ****S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we should execute the executives at Fox News. Pinochet style. Then, we should all send flowers to Canada. Thank them for all they do for us, and apologize profusely for the actions of Fox News.

Okay, I was just kidding about Canada's military. They have sacrificed much for America, and for that, I thank your country. :)

That being said, I think you are taking this a bit to the extreme. Yelling at "us" Americans and American taxpayers for a silly comment made on a silly show (I didn't watch the clip, but if I suspect it was "RedEye" which is a moronic show that makes fun of everything in a very unfunny way) is not a constructive way to vent IMO.

And it really is appreciated, regardless of what a few idiots think. I'm just saying that at face value the concept of an entire military taking a year off is kind of funny. What should have happened on that show was maybe a little joke about taking a year off and then taking the opportunity to get serious and show some thanks and respect. That's all I'm saying.

This a 3 AM knockoff version of the Daily show which I don't like either and does not reflect the opinions of those on prime time Fox news Channel.

I understand that because Jay Leno show and David Letterman show seem to reflect the in the tank for Obama image that NBC and CBS seem to portray that doesn't necessarily means those views are completely those of NBC and CBS.

I respect all countries that will try to bring freedom to those that don't have it, even Canadians (That color scheme of their Ships though was unique)

That being said, I think you are taking this a bit to the extreme. Yelling at "us" Americans and American taxpayers for a silly comment made on a silly show (I didn't watch the clip, but if I suspect it was "RedEye" which is a moronic show that makes fun of everything in a very unfunny way) is not a constructive way to vent IMO.

If you do a bit of search on the OP's posting history, he slings a lot of **** at the US, which apparently is okay to do. God forbid Faux News make a joke though. Because when that happens, he just can't take it, damnit.

Of course, the US and the US Military does nothing for Canada or Canadian interests abroad or at home.

It's all on Canada. They're helping, and those **** Americans just aren't grateful! And we mock them at every turn!!! I mean, Fox News made a joke! ****S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we should execute the executives at Fox News. Pinochet style. Then, we should all send flowers to Canada. Thank them for all they do for us, and apologize profusely for the actions of Fox News.

You raise a valid point that Canada reaps a huge benefit by being under the umbrella of American military might. But I do understand being pissed off at how far they took their little joke in the face of the sacrifices their military has made to help us in Afghanistan.

Wow :doh:

Oh give me a break G.A.C.O.L .B. :rolleyes:

Do you expect a serious answers off the cuff in an accusatory thread like this?

The OP has clearly lumped all of "us" Americans together as sharing this sentiment of the FoxNews correspondent. I'm hardly going to immediately come out and not make a little light of a thread like this.

Wow, thanks for nominating yourself for ******** of the day.

Archived