Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox news Mocks Canadian Military

artmonkforHOF

Oh give me a break G.A.C.O.L .B. :rolleyes:

Do you expect a serious answers off the cuff in an accusatory thread like this?

The OP has clearly lumped all of "us" Americans together as sharing this sentiment of the FoxNews correspondent. I'm hardly going to immediately come out and not make a little light of a thread like this.

Ok so blast the OP. Don't blast Canada or its military when it just lost four of its best and had eight others injured.

Haha, I just watched the YouTube clip...and I was right, it's RedEye. RedEye is the most idiotic show ever. Come on. It'd be like me taking the Stewart Show seriously and getting pissed at something Stewart said about a political figure. Actually, it's be worse b/c Stewart is actually occasionally funny...

Okay, I was just kidding about Canada's military. They have sacrificed much for America, and for that, I thank your country. :)

That being said, I think you are taking this a bit to the extreme. Yelling at "us" Americans and American taxpayers for a silly comment made on a silly show (I didn't watch the clip, but if I suspect it was "RedEye" which is a moronic show that makes fun of everything in a very unfunny way) is not a constructive way to vent IMO.

this is what my "loaded question" was in reference to.

Oh give me a break G.A.L.C.O.B. :rolleyes:

Do you expect a serious answers off the cuff in an accusatory thread like this?

The OP has clearly lumped all of "us" Americans together as sharing this sentiment of the FoxNews correspondent. I'm hardly going to immediately come out and not make a little light of a thread like this.

I lumped all Americans together? where? I lumped all of fox News and the panel on that show together. I would hope that most American's do not share the view of this ignorant panel, but by some of the responses it is obvious some do.

Haha, I just watched the YouTube clip...and I was right, it's RedEye. RedEye is the most idiotic show ever. Come on.

Yah, the OP's motives are fairly transparent here. He's not stupid. He knows this ^^^

A thread like this would have a lot more credibility from someone like Die Hard or Ryman, etc.

Did you guys know that Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh are both just Fred Savage wearing a costume?

I thought Zoony was Fred Savage

Yah, the OP's motives are fairly transparent here. He's not stupid. He knows this ^^^

A thread like this would have a lot more credibility from someone like Die Hard or Ryman, etc.

Die Hard?! HAHAHAHA!

You raise a valid point that Canada reaps a huge benefit by being under the umbrella of American military might. But I do understand being pissed off at how far they took their little joke in the face of the sacrifices their military has made to help us in Afghanistan.

Agreed, sacrifices are great and human life is precious. Shame on the douchebags at fox news who made a joke about it.

this is an excellent case study in propaganda by the OP. He purposefully(or ignorantly) puts out an accusation with the context being a full on deception. The result is people believe that foxnews is saying this as a news source due to the deception.

The reality is this show "Red Eye" is a panel whose sole goal is to say exactly these types of thing, and is usually populated with a couple comedians. This show in no way tries to be a news source, and the topics are always approached with myrth. As another poster has said in this thread its the Rights version of the daily show, and is not going to be funny to anyone that is not on the Right side of politics. Much like the daily show(after it went full blown left political machine) lost its palitability to me.

One of the best lines in that bit was the comedian guy with the last word(speaking as an "Evil doer") "thanks canada for the heads up".

Now I know its trendy to be over sensitive to everything, but if you "guys" are going to make comedy PC well I will have to summon Lenny Bruce to rip off your skirts and put you back in pants.

Another panelist Doug Benson said he was unaware Canadian troops were on the ground in Afghanistan.

"I didn't even know they were in the war. I thought that's where you go if you don't want to fight - you go chill in Canada," he said.

I personally wouldn't take anything Doug Benson says seriously :silly:

superhighme.jpg

Zoony, how would I know this when Fox News does not air in Canada?

to tell the truth, I now feel stupid for for posting a thread where I took the comments of a "comedy" show seriouslly, but this was taken from a Canadian news outlet, where this story is making the rounds. I heard this on 3 radio stations coming into work this morning and this is one of the lead articles on most Canadian news websites.

either way, the comments made on that show were in poor taste, especially when you consider the timing.

As for lumping Americans together, well that was not my intention, but obviously some have taken it as so. I was merely trying to point out to those who are too ignorant to notice that Canada was helping out, we had no obligations to join the Alliance or help in any Military action but we still decided to help, and to be mocked for taking a break in lieu of just letting the Military implode on itself and end up putting soldiers unneccessarily in harms way is out of line.

I wanted to make it clear to anyone who is as ignorant as these panelist that we do not need to be there, but are still there, even when the war effort puts an extreme strain on our military.

As for me flingin **** at America, I only try to point out the stories that are very biased and one sided. I have tried using logic and reasoning to get my point across in the past, but a swift kick to the head seems to generate more of a response.

We are stuck cleaning up the mess you left so you can focus your efforts in Iraq, and this is how these punks thank us?

lol

Clean up what mess?? The Taliban was defeated until we gave up command to NATO...

You guys are fighting for NATO btw, not the U.S.

You all didn't have to fight in the WOT, but you all chose to. I can't recall the U.S. ever pressuring you all to do so. Maybe I missed something.

Not defending the vid and jokes, btw...just saying...

Zoony, how would I know this when Fox News does not air in Canada?

to tell the truth, I now feel stupid for for posting a thread where I took the comments of a "comedy" show seriouslly, but this was taken from a Canadian news outlet, where this story is making the rounds. I heard this on 3 radio stations coming into work this morning and this is one of the lead articles on most Canadian news websites.

Well if this is truly the case, I apologize for assigning motives.

I just immediately saw this and found it about as credible as 81artmonk's outrage over Obama being a Muslim. (or whatever)

either way, the comments made on that show were in poor taste, especially when you consider the timing.

of course

You all didn't have to fight in the WOT, but you all chose to. I can't recall the U.S. ever pressuring you all to do so. Maybe I missed something.

Exactly. They volunteered to help us. So isn't that even more respectable than if they had been forced to fight?

I just think about how much people flip a **** if someone makes a joke about the US military and don't understand the double standard here. I guess because the US is better than everyone we have different standards? I don't know.

And I understand that people don't like the OP for whatever reason, but I think maybe this is one of those rare instances where you do shoot the messanger.

lol

Clean up what mess?? The Taliban was defeated until we gave up command to NATO...

You guys are fighting for NATO btw, not the U.S.

The taliban was defeated? then who the hell is making all those road side bombs and launching RPG attacks at Canadian bases? Muslims against hockey playing nations?

The Canadian military benefits from the Uniteds States Armed Forces FAAAARRRRR more than we benefit from them. They lack training facilities, we provide them. They lack training programs, we train their guys at cut-rate cost. They lack adequate helicopters to conduct operations in Afghanistan, we provide them with CH-47Ds at bargain basement prices. I'm not going to argue over any of this, because I've personally trained a bunch of Canadian aviation mechanics and probably know more about it than most Canadian citizens. Let's also not forget that Canada can make do with a pretty tiny military for its size because it has a big brother next door who will kick anyone's ass if they mess with them.

I'm sure most Americans really appreciate the help that Canada extends, but let's put it into the proper light. They benefit greatly from helping us out, and we benefit by having a close ally in international affairs.

The ignorance of Fox News on this is appalling, especially considering we just had another 4 soldiers die in the past few days. First link is the article, second link is the youtube clip of the segment. Go ahead and make fun of the Canadian Military for it's size, it's budget, it's weapons or lack thereof, but don't mock the Canadian military when our troops are dying from a war that you started and forgot to finish. We are stuck cleaning up the mess you left so you can focus your efforts in Iraq, and this is how these punks thank us?

Another panelist Doug Benson said he was unaware Canadian troops were on the ground in Afghanistan.

"I didn't even know they were in the war. I thought that's where you go if you don't want to fight - you go chill in Canada," he said.

The Canadian military is not a strong force, but we do what we can when our neighbours ask for help. Maybe these punks would prefer it if you guys sent a few thousand troops to Kabul and had to spend about $10billlion of your own money on the mission and deal with 5-10 deaths per week. talk about being ungrateful, just makes me sick.

First off I would take exception to anybody who called the Canadian military insufficient. Canada spends quite a bit on their military. 14th lartgest military spenders in the world, or about 1/3 the amount China spends on her military knowing China's population is about 40 times the size of Canadas.

Second off I would disagree that Canada is just "helping us out" in Afghanistan or that we started the war in Afghanistan. Canada is a NATO member and as such has a legal responsibility to take up arms to defend the other NATO member states. The US was attacked on 911 and the country which attacked us was Afghanistan... ( The taliban had been officially notified before the war that they would be held responsible for any actions committed by Al Quada and organization which they sheltered and protected from international organizations.. )

Thirdly, I would say your real mocking shouldn't be of the United States itself as there are many many Americans who do realize the sacrifices of our NATO member including Canada and France and others who objected to the Iraq war but non the less are standing at the plate with regard to Afghanistan. The folks you should be mocking is our news organizations which really don't cover the contributions, support, and sacrifices our allies have made on our behalf.

The Canadian military benefits from the Uniteds States Armed Forces FAAAARRRRR more than we benefit from them. They lack training facilities, we provide them. They lack training programs, we train their guys at cut-rate cost. They lack adequate helicopters to conduct operations in Afghanistan, we provide them with CH-47Ds at bargain basement prices. I'm not going to argue over any of this, because I've personally trained a bunch of Canadian aviation mechanics and probably know more about it than most Canadian citizens. Let's also not forget that Canada can make do with a pretty tiny military for its size because it has a big brother next door who will kick anyone's ass if they mess with them.

I'm sure most Americans really appreciate the help that Canada extends, but let's put it into the proper light. They benefit greatly from helping us out, and we benefit by having a close ally in international affairs.

chances are you have might have even worked with a friend of mine who is working on the C18's. the training goes both ways-obviously we use more of your training than vice versa- but many American soldiers come to Canada for sniper and terrain specific training. There have also been times when the Canadian military had started to develope new technologies, only to see them transfered into US hands since you have a larger budget to develope the technologies (the avro Arrow, portable water treatment, etc)

But that bolded statement in your post really gets me. that is your point of view, another point of view is that Canada has a history of staying out of polarizing international issues, therefore no one really has anything against us.

Archived