Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"We"

MrButz65

Cause you are not part of the team. WE are Redskins fans - not Redskins.

Total tools need an identity and have burning desire to fit in - hence: "We beat the Cowboys..." You are a complete tool if you use WE.

Um, no - you didnt. The Skins did and you sat at home yelling your ***** off... thats it - get over it. That is all the involvement you had.

You just proved that your opinion holds no merit in this conversation.

A complete tool? Sure thing, bro. I would argue a total tool is someone that feels the need to talk like that on an internet forum.

I'll say "We" whenever I please, and I'll completely not care about anyone else's opinion on the matter.

And for the record, when I'm at a game, if I yell "HEY! YOU SUCK!" and you don't like it, I don't care either. :)

If you're a true fan of the team, we is fine. If you're a fair weather, you'd feel funny saying it.

I don't have season tickets, but I've been a dyed-in-the-wool fan for 40 years.

That makes it "we" for me.

~Bang

That's how I feel Bang, but you expressed it better than I could..but I was feeling it! lol

Is that Steve Czaben starting the thread? Andy Polin?

Who gives a ****!? If you don't like it, go home and cry about it. People feel as if they are apart of the team. We spend time, money, and emotions into the team. If not for the fans, the team would not exist. So in essence, we are just as much part of the team as the team itself.

Get over yourself.

Agree 110%.

It wasn't until you posted:silly:

I think having to explain yourself for using "WE" is lame. Some people have trouble buying into fullfledged fandom.

And far be it for me to criticize any thread that #99QBkiller, TorresA or TLC are posting in, the sigs alone make the thread non-lamo.

1. It's a debatable issue, apparently. There are strong feelings on either side.

2. Really it doesn't matter. But what in sports does matter?

3. So you're in the "we" is okay camp. Fine. Make the argument for that without being insulting. (Not "you" per se. In general.)

4. It's a pretty common sports debate. I'm sure it goes on in Pittsburgh too.

I see what you are saying. You are just pissed that the people in the "we" camp is taking so serious. Hey if they feel that strong about it it is nothing anybody could do to make them change their mind.

If I am talking to a fellow Redskins fan I use "we".

If I am talking about the Redskins to another football fan, I use "they".

I think I do that too subconsciously (sp?)

Cause you are not part of the team. WE are Redskins fans - not Redskins.

Total tools need an identity and have burning desire to fit in - hence: "We beat the Cowboys..." You are a complete tool if you use WE.

Um, no - you didnt. The Skins did and you sat at home yelling your ***** off... thats it - get over it. That is all the involvement you had.

Since we're all in this together, WE think that you are a complete tool. :)

Since we're all in this together, WE think that you are a complete tool. :)

Amen, brother!

If you don the colors and bleed B&G.........you get to say "we".

As for the OP......."WE" officially ban you from using the word when referencing OUR team. Figured I'd be the one to break it to you should you have a change of heart.

I think there is a lot more to it than meets the eye. We gather at FedEx much like the Romans did at the Coliseum. We identify with the warriors,and at some point, we project ourselves into their roles. Ever wondered why we buy jerseys? For all those out there that hate the use of "we" in conversation when talking about the Skins, I hope you don't have a jersey laying around. Because, subconsciously, you just put yourself into the role of a player.

We buy jerseys, attend games, read message boards, decorate our homes, and much more to show others we are part of a group. And guess what? Cooley's in that group. Portis is in that group. Moss is in that group. They all wear the same identifying uniform that we do. And just like that, we are all in the same group!! Look at it like a mini-nation. We are the civilians, the team is our army, the coaches are the officers in the army, and Dan is the Commander in Chief. It's a complete heirarchy, bureaucracy or whatever you want to call it.

So when I say "we", it doesn't mean I made myself believe I am a player that just chose to spectate my entire life. I mean "we" as member of the Redskin Nation.

Archived