Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama - he's not "my" president

TrumanB

I'll revise my statement, TrumanB is a hardcore, hard right conservative. The thing is, his brand controls the Republican party.

I bashed Mccain plenty of times because the man deserved it. He was unfit to be president and he proved that during the campaign. I said all along I couldn't vote for Obama. I voted for Bob Barr. Frankly, I may never vote for a major party ever again.

When Obama is going to need votes to overcome a filabuster; Mccain will be leading the charge.

I am not advocating for anything, well not on this this thread anyway. I am just disputing your prior posts.

You call democracy mob rule, and yet have no alternative? It is the organized "mob rule" that this country was founded upon, i.e. representative government, when by the people, of the people for the people....i.e. the mob. If an American does not support this then they don't support America.

You call democracy mob rule, and yet have no alternative? It is the organized "mob rule" that this country was founded upon, i.e. representative government, when by the people, of the people for the people....i.e. the mob. If an American does not support this then they don't support America.

I thought we were a Republic?

Pretty sure the founding fathers put in safeguards from mob rule;)

As the "historic" day approaches, I thought I should clear up something with the messiah supporters.

When someone is debating with you on all things Obama, please do not say "well, he's your president too .... blah, blah, blah". I don't know how many times I have read this on this board or seen someone say this on TV. He's NOT "my" president. I did NOT vote for him. I do NOT agree with his policies and think they will be detrimental to the security of America. I will NOT support him. I hope he fails miserably. He is no more "my" president than George W. Bush was your president.

I do not say this out of bitterness or jealousy or whatever. He won the election fair and square. I'm not going to whine and ***** like the libs did when Bush won. But, what I will do is give Obama everything that Bush was given by the libs, plus some. Turnabout is fair play. I'm not alone in this. Plenty of my friends feel exactly as I do.

So, enjoy your day tomorrow, because it's going to be the high point of the next 4 years.

I mean, isn't that exactly what you are doing?

Naw, man, didn't you get the memo? The Constitution is passe. :D

It's just something that can be twisted and rewritten as seen fit by our elected officials, even if it's done in a way that completely removes any validity from the original points of reference.

Rules are made to be broken.

One thing that I will say: "Dissent is the Highest form of Patriotism"... Except when the Liberals are in total control of the Government. Isn't that what Liberal Democrats did the last 8 years? Explain how they weren't being "un-patriotic" or how they were being extremely uber-patriotic?

The OP is expressing his thoughts and opinion. Everyone else is criticizing, and that's fine. However, the criticism should be constructive and the OPs remarks should be clarified for the topic of discussion to be meaningful. It would be good to hear how people intend to "support" the soon-to-be President and how long they will give him before they decide whether to continue their support...

I've stated that he will have my wary support for the next 100 days. I'll withhold all criticism over the next 100 days. Regardless, I will always include him and all civil authorities in my prayers (whether or not I disagree) while in office. I'll always hope for the best.

It's just something that can be twisted and rewritten as seen fit by our elected officials, even if it's done in a way that completely removes any validity from the original points of reference.

Rules are made to be broken.

You're right the Constitution should be static and instead of Obama being sworn in as President he should be mowing the lawn and picking the cotton. :doh: Thank GAWD that the Constitution was created to be changed all willy nilly like.

It would be good to hear how people intend to "support" the soon-to-be President and how long they will give him before they decide whether to continue their support...

I've stated that he will have my wary support for the next 100 days. I'll withhold all criticism over the next 100 days. Regardless, I will always include him and all civil authorities in my prayers (whether or not I disagree) while in office. I'll always hope for the best.

I'd say that is a fair and logical approach. I'm not saying Trumanb should just blindly follow, but be open minded enough to give it a chance before you decide it's all down the crapper.

I'm an eternal pessimist when it comes to our elected official, but I'm always willing to give the benefit of the doubt up front until they show me otherwise. (Unfortunately, they almost always do show me otherwise, but that's another point.)

~Bang

Archived