Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama - he's not "my" president

TrumanB

He was the same way during the election with Ron Paul. He wouldn't barely post at all, unless it was a mention of Ron Paul, then he'd bash him and run.

I think he used to do a daily Tailgate search for keywords "Ron Paul".

That was odd, wasn't it? You would think Paul was exactly what he would have wanted, but you couldn't even remotely have anything resembling a rational conversation with him about it.

Truman represents the typical Conservative view. They want Obama to fail because they disagree with his policies. They expect to be back in power in 2012. It's not going to happen. Should Obama fail; an independent will take it in 2012. The Republicans will end up nominating someone who will be unelectable in the fall.

I didn't vote for Obama or agree with many of his policies but the last thing I want him to do is fail. If I disagree with how things are going; I can vote a different congress in in 2010 and vote Obama out in 2012.

Obama you're my president also.

Looks to me like all the conservatives in this thread are all behind him, like it or not. I wouldn't say what he is saying is "typical".

I don't have the soon-to-be President that I wanted. McCain was a more sensible choice, but Americans voted with their heart and not their head. Honestly? I would've voted for 4 more years of Bush over either of the two we had going this time, even if Bush has given up his "free-market principles". Neither candidate inspired complete confidence. Hell, I probably would've voted for 4 more years of Bill Clinton.

We needed someone who is actually a "Maverick", and not just a guy who fights his own party. We needed someone who would take on both parties and make the Government live by the same standards that they expect everyone else to live by: Don't spend more than you can afford for starters... Nobody really fit that bill. Maybe Romney would've been the best at it...

Anyway, this is the typical semantic argument the OP and everyone arguing with him is making. Obama will be the President of every American... The question is whether or not people will support him or not. I'll give him 100 days before I'll weigh in. The OP isn't... Some of you will gladly take a bullet for him. Let's salvage the thread and instead of beating up the OP, let's talk about that. eh?

Looks to me like all the conservatives in this thread are all behind him, like it or not. I wouldn't say what he is saying is "typical".

I agree. Most Americans don't want a President to fail. Simple self interest. That gets even more amplified during poor times. It takes a special soul to want spectacular failure when the economy is teetering people are losing their jobs, major businesses keep falling under, and we're engaged in two wars.

It's such an irresponsible and despicable viewpoint... especially aimed at a guy who hasn't even unpacked his luggage yet.

We needed someone who is actually a "Maverick", and not just a guy who fights his own party. We needed someone who would take on both parties and make the Government live by the same standards that they expect everyone else to live by: Don't spend more than you can afford for starters... Nobody really fit that bill. Maybe Romney would've been the best at it...

I would say Paul and maybe Huckabee.

Sorry, but whining about it louder doesn't make him less of your president. Unless of course you're emigrating, and once you land wherever you're going and pass their citizenship requirements, then I guess you'll have a new president.

Until then you have the same president as the rest of us..

Division. Always a good strategy to make a country stronger.

~Bang

I never voted for Bush, but I never, ever, ever HOPED he would fail. In fact, my hope was that he would prove me wrong and succeed brilliantly. Especially after 9/11.

91% of the country wanted Bush to succeed after 9/11.

So if anyone out there is hoping Obama fails, don't try and deflect it on the liberals. Don't try and re-write history by suggesting Bush didn't have the support he needed. Your attitude is all on you. Man up and own it.

I very reluctantly voted for Obama this time around. My hope this time around was that no matter who won, that person would be ten times the President Bush was. Because we sorely need it right now.

?

I think we had that true maverick in Ron Paul

just curious...why is 100 days the magic number? 100 days really isn't that long.

To accomplish anything, you're right. But to set your course so that most of us know the direction we'll be going in, that should be clear after 100 days.

Whether he's "your president" or not we all are going along for this ride.

~Bang

I would say Paul and maybe Huckabee.

I agree... I voted for Huckabee on the strength of his fair-tax arguments. Paul was fine. I agreed with a lot of what he said, but I think his biggest problem was the people he attracted to his side. They were like a lot of kids who spend most of their time arguing with their liberal friends and professors and don't know how to be gracious in an argument. It was "their way" or they'd find a way to insult you. I think Ron Paul started something that I hope spreads, but it definitely needs to "mature". I hope you agree, or at least understand where I'm coming from.

My main problem with Paul was his military isolationist policies. I'm of the notion that it's strategically harder to re-take ground than it is to occupy and reinforce. What good is a stronger economy if you can't defend it? It didn't bother me if he wanted to limit Americans involvement in foreign conflicts, but to say we should withdraw completely from military bases around the globe was a bit much for me.

just curious...why is 100 days the magic number? 100 days really isn't that long.

The first 100 days really sets the tone for the administration until the midterm elections

Bush's were ho hum. Nothing really happened except pushing for a tax cut

Clinton's were by and large a disaster. Don't ask don't tell, the Waco atrocity, really gave him bad ju ju until the game changed in November 1994

The first 100 days really sets the tone for the administration until the midterm elections

Bush's were ho hum. Nothing really happened except pushing for a tax cut

Clinton's were by and large a disaster. Don't ask don't tell, the Waco atrocity, really gave him bad ju ju until the game changed in November 1994

Bush also spent quite a bit of his first 100 days trying to get his appointments through, some of which had issues with undocumented workers...

I don't think Obama will have as much trouble with tax-forgetters... :)

Truman represents the typical Conservative view. They want Obama to fail because they disagree with his policies. They expect to be back in power in 2012. It's not going to happen. Should Obama fail; an independent will take it in 2012. The Republicans will end up nominating someone who will be unelectable in the fall.

I didn't vote for Obama or agree with many of his policies but the last thing I want him to do is fail. If I disagree with how things are going; I can vote a different congress in in 2010 and vote Obama out in 2012.

Obama you're my president also.

Posts like this don't help matters, either, yanno...

As the "historic" day approaches, I thought I should clear up something with the messiah supporters.

I'm not alone in this. Plenty of my friends feel exactly as I do.

plenty of your friends......in the minority. And by the way, so long as you call yourself an American, he IS your presisdent as he represents every American, even the ones that didn't vote for him.

1.) Unless you're leaving the country, he's your President. Deal with it.

2.) You never wish for the President to fail. Hell, that's boarder line treason. Besides, if he fails, WE ALL FAIL!

3.) Aren't you just stooping down to the level of liberals here? Don't you become everything you hated for 8 years?

This partisanship is exactly why this country is going down the crapper. Way to be a part of the problem, chief!

Wow, that's not an ignorant statement if I saw one :rolleyes:

Typical conservative??? Obviously you have not met a typical conservative. My parents are hardcore conservative as myself, so much so that they donate money, I believe, and set up McCain/Palin signs in their front yard to let anyone know where they stand.

My dad, mom and I were talking this weekend about how we were disappointed that McCain and Palin didn't win, but that we weren't going to wish anything but success on Obama.

We as a country can not afford Obama to fail, especially in the time of economic failure. Another four more years of failure to turn this country's economic future around would mean the death of the U.S.

I know the you are not pegging the OP as the talking head of "typcial conservatives" right??? Come on man, don't be that guy :(

Archived