Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama - he's not "my" president

TrumanB

Ridiculous. You always support your President. You may criticize him, disagree, or flat out loathe, but you still hope he does well. I'd rather be completely wrong about life and politics and have a good president than be completely right and see our country go to crap.

You should move to Alaska...

:doh:

As the "historic" day approaches, I thought I should clear up something with the messiah supporters.

When someone is debating with you on all things Obama, please do not say "well, he's your president too .... blah, blah, blah". I don't know how many times I have read this on this board or seen someone say this on TV. He's NOT "my" president. I did NOT vote for him. I do NOT agree with his policies and think they will be detrimental to the security of America. I will NOT support him. I hope he fails miserably. He is no more "my" president than George W. Bush was your president.

I do not say this out of bitterness or jealousy or whatever. He won the election fair and square. I'm not going to whine and ***** like the libs did when Bush won. But, what I will do is give Obama everything that Bush was given by the libs, plus some. Turnabout is fair play. I'm not alone in this. Plenty of my friends feel exactly as I do.

So, enjoy your day tomorrow, because it's going to be the high point of the next 4 years.

And TrumanB- or should we call you Sean Penn- go ahead and buy your plane ticket. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, either.

:rotflmao:

Ain't that the truth. The conservtive version of Alec Baldwin, Tim Robbins, Sigourney weaver, and a hundred other hypocrites who should just shut up.

However, I do advocate holding your breath til your purple. BUT, if you do, please inform your loved ones to not call for an ambulance unless it is of a private company, I mean, if you can pick and choose which of our president's you'll follow, then I suppose you should only get services when one you will follow is in office.

~Bang

I'm not going to whine and ***** like the libs did when Bush won. But, what I will do is give Obama everything that Bush was given by the libs, plus some. Turnabout is fair play. I'm not alone in this. Plenty of my friends feel exactly as I do.

Says the guy whining and ****ing.

Maturity is for suckers.

Who needs it?!

~Bang

I agree... I voted for Huckabee on the strength of his fair-tax arguments. Paul was fine. I agreed with a lot of what he said, but I think his biggest problem was the people he attracted to his side. They were like a lot of kids who spend most of their time arguing with their liberal friends and professors and don't know how to be gracious in an argument. It was "their way" or they'd find a way to insult you. I think Ron Paul started something that I hope spreads, but it definitely needs to "mature". I hope you agree, or at least understand where I'm coming from.
I completely agree. There are a lot of similarities between the Paulites and the Obamabots. I hope his message will spread and I think it will. The GOP already seems to understand that. I know as far as myself, I learned a lot about myself anf the governmant and how I should conduct myself, if I want to help and I believe that was his true intention. I seriously doubt he had actually thought he would make even as serious of a run as he did. He had said the reason he ran as a Republican, was to gain national exposure and be able to spread the true word of conservativism. I think it work and he was successful.

My main problem with Paul was his military isolationist policies. I'm of the notion that it's strategically harder to re-take ground than it is to occupy and reinforce. What good is a stronger economy if you can't defend it? It didn't bother me if he wanted to limit Americans involvement in foreign conflicts, but to say we should withdraw completely from military bases around the globe was a bit much for me.

This is a point I think gets overblown. Most of our bases are not on enemy grounds. If we have built a large base in Naples Italy (for example), the Italians could easily occupy that base during a time of peace and we could simply be visiters there. If it bacame a major point of conflict, we could certainly move right back in with little to no problems. Our military is good for that. There is no reason we need to be in 130 countries around the world. None at all. If there was a cause for concern, I doubt he would have just emptied everything out and left the base for dead.

He was also very interested in closing our borders and finding out who is here already. That I think is very important and being over looked by several people. It seems to have become a non issue, outside of intrusive laws, set forth by the NSA and Patriot act. They are more of an attack on Americans and the constitution in my opinion.

If Paul was elected, being former military, I would like to think he would have leaned heavy on his military advisors as well. He also would have allowed for domestic drilling and refining, thus removing a ton of money we dump into a forgein government who funded the attacks on 9/11. For that matter, most of the people who were running for PotUS didn't even appear to have read the 9/11 commision report outside of him, so I can't imagine any of them would have the understanding on how to deal with our foreign policy either.

Sorry, just a rant because none of it matters now anyway (atleast for the most part). After Billion Dollar Barry goes spend happy and we are having to pay for it years down the road, maybe then we will finally be ready for somebody who has shown an interest in fiscal responsibility, both in government and his own personal life.

Ridiculous. You always support your President. You may criticize him' date=' disagree, or flat out loathe, but you still hope he does well. I'd rather be completely wrong about life and politics and have a good president than be completely right and see our country go to crap.[/quote']

Like I said before he's not about "Country First" he's about "My Ideology First, anything else be damned." Anyone who says they love this country and then refused to accept the democratically elected president is a blatant and utter hypocrite; lib or conservative; because the fact that a president can be elected that you don't agree with is part of what makes this country so great, and if you hate that then you hate this country, so don't bother calling yourself a patriot because that's an utter farce.

Like I said before he's not about "Country First" he's about "My Ideology First, anything else be damned." Anyone who says they love this country and then refused to accept the democratically elected president is a blatant and utter hypocrite; lib or conservative; because the fact that a president can be elected that you don't agree with is part of what makes this country so great, and if you hate that then you hate this country, so don't bother calling yourself a patriot because that's an utter farce.

usflag-b.jpg

+1

~Bang

Anyone who says they love this country and then refused to accept the democratically elected president is a blatant and utter hypocrite; lib or conservative; because the fact that a president can be elected that you don't agree with is part of what makes this country so great, and if you hate that then you hate this country, so don't bother calling yourself a patriot because that's an utter farce.

Utter BS

That is about as weak as it gets. Thanks for showing your true colors, for you sir, are an *******.

Typical name calling response that I had expected. And I'm sure the mods will be right on this too. :rolleyes:

By the way, I do find it interesting how many posters claim in this thread that "I didn't vote for Obama, but ....". Where were all of you before the election, when the McCain bashers were out in full force?

The OP is getting ripped but by looking at some other threads on this site, like the countdown to the end of the Bush Presidency and the record low approval rating - it seems that the "Lets all get along" theme only works if your party is in power and its on their own terms.

Such is American Politics, I guess and most of the guys calling out the OP have been, sometimes, daily bashing the current president for as long as I have been on this board.

Good luck to Obama, though. He will need it. I truly meant that.

and as a parting jab to the Obama support media:

Dont forget to buy your Obama coin and give it a good rub for good luck!

Typical name calling response that I had expected. And I'm sure the mods will be right on this too. :rolleyes:

By the way, I do find it interesting how many posters claim in this thread that "I didn't vote for Obama, but ....". Where were all of you before the election, when the McCain bashers were out in full force?

I was there defending McCain, but not in every single 8,345 threads about McCain bashing. I do have a life you know.

I don't call names very often, but when somebody says they want my beloved country, that I have put my life on the line to fight for, because it was duty, then yes. I will call you an ******* all day long. That I'm not above.:mad:

I am a conservative, I was never behind McCain and I can bash him too.

I wanted to vote for the actual conservative, but the GOP blindfolded followers didn't support one. You sir are the failure on the part of the GOP.

Open your eyes next time and pay attention to what you are supporting. If you see a major difference between McCain and Biden, you are paying no attention.

Stay out of my party.

LOL, so you can say Country First and NOT accept the fact that America is a democracy? LOL, sorry mate, but if that's your understanding then you don't even know what America is.

Country first is such a meaningess phrase. Liberal nationalism can be even more nauseating than conservative nationlism. There are limits to democracy kids. Amusing that you are accusing Truman of being the ideologue.

Ok, let me put in terms you may understand. A Palestinian Christian who is interested in peace can love his people/country/territory and reject a democratically elected Hamas government. At the end of the day democracy is just mob rule.

I sir do not play the bashing political bashing game.

He is the POTUS respect him and support him, no matter what political party he is from.

Country first is such a meaningess phrase. Liberal nationalism can be even more nauseating than conservative nationlism. There are limits to democracy kids. Amusing that you are accusing Truman of being the ideologue.

Ok, let me put in terms you may understand. A Palestinian Christian who is interested in peace can love his people/country/territory and reject a democratically elected Hamas government. At the end of the day democracy is just mob rule.

So what are you advocating?

The OP is getting ripped but by looking at some other threads on this site, like the countdown to the end of the Bush Presidency and the record low approval rating - it seems that the "Lets all get along" theme only works if your party is in power and its on their own terms.

Such is American Politics, I guess and most of the guys calling out the OP have been, sometimes, daily bashing the current president for as long as I have been on this board.

Yep, I noticed that the guy that gleefully started a thread this morning about Bush's apporoval rating deleted his comments in this thread. And I'm still waiting for alll the "let's all just get along" huggers to post similar responses in his thread. Hypocrisy - don't you just love it.

Open your eyes next time and pay attention to what you are supporting. If you see a major difference between McCain and Biden, you are paying no attention.

Oh boy, I see the Ron Paul educators have reared their ugly heads again. :doh:

Archived