Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's Mon. press conference (12/15)--he feels like "Worst coach in America" (merged)

NastyBoy

GW has said he's open to coming back. You also know his family is still here & not down in Jacksonville, right. :)

Hmmmm....Didn't know about his family still being here but then again Jags only gave him a year contract so he wasn't going to move his family for one year until he knew he was going to be there longer.

The same can be said about Cowher looking for a house here and his daughter going to GW (I think).

Anyways take a look at this comment:

Who Said Fire Zorn?!?: Have there been any credible sources to suggest Zorn would be dropped after the season?

Everything I've read sounds like speculation based on nothing more than ownership's prior conduct. If insiders are suggesting he could get the hook, that's one thing, but if bloggers are making this stuff up just to stir the pot, it seems irresponsible. How do we tell?

Cindy Boren: We are not hearing anything like that from the sources we talk to. I know the use of the "s" word will set certain Redskins observers off, but we actually do talk to everyone -- at Redskins Park and around the league. The offseason (which is really the season and begins Dec. 29) is traditionally the time Post reporters use most of their cellphone minutes. I can't say where other journalists get their information. All I know is what we're learning in our calls.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2008/12/12/DI2008121203288.html

Let me know what you think.

:cheers:

GW and Saunders coming back seems far fetched....

This has been so disapointing...we need more information so we can figure out what really is the problem...

Danny, Vinny, JC, Zorn?????

The Bungles were way more fired up than we were yesterday and that sucked...they played harder it seemed...I really question the ability, chemistry and leadership on this team.

Vinny put the team together and Snyda hired the leadership....so it starts at the top...Snyda and Vinny are unqualified to build a winning pro football organization...they clearly lack the needed skill set. Maybe they will get lucky someday but I doubt it.

I think this is a step in the right direction if he wants to stay on staff here. His saying this does two things:

1) Lets the players know he is now ready to take blame for the mistakes of the team, he might win some players back.

2) If they were to hire a new head coach, he MAY stay on as coordinator if he really does think he's not ready to be the head honcho.

One of the best things he could have said. Now, he needs to follow through and make some changes for any of this to have any merit.

i dont know how much of this is zorns fault.. of course the play calling is horrible these past few weeks.. but to me, the players are the ones playing the game.. they are on the field, not the coaches... they all make too damn much money to play that way and act like childeren... man up damnit... i mean really... i really think that the problem is the players and the money they are making... way to much for these guys.. look what happens every time we go pay someone who has been playing great in the league and bring him in here... he makes bank, and sux every time they step on the field..

give zorn another year, but fire the stooge vinny and get a real F'n GM...

W/O knowing the behind-the-scenes stuff, I would say that Zorn can save his job if he can legitimately explain what happened with the offense and lay out a clear and detailed plan for addressing the issues.

It wouldn't bother me if he was brought back - he took a big leap in responsibility and he clearly is still feeling his way around. Jeez, Campbell has been playing QB in the league for 2.5 seasons now, and people are still cutting him slack up one side and down another.

I also highly doubt that Snyder wants to cut ties - it would look really bad considering the way the coaching search went down. But, if the players truly don't respect him, or it's clear that he is completely unsuited for the task, then you gotta whack him.

I hope it doesn't happen. Stability for the sake of stability is pointless, but it's not a good idea to churn like this. :2cents:

He has lost this team and doesn't demand respect from them. That's reason alone. They won't play for him. The Coach has to get them to perform. He gets a paycheck, too. They are a reflection of him and he is a reflection of the shoddy FO this team has. People were happy when we were doing well, but that changed and he didn't he didn't progress. He regressed, as a matter of fact, and isn't getting these guys to play.

This team has had far worse going for it than just one or two giveaways to go from 6-2 to 7-7. This is Norv-ish in sucktitude. He calls the same plays and formations over and over and over and over and over... you see where this is going. He even puts in the worst player substitutions at the worst times that leave you scratching your head as he does them. He has not progressed as a Coach and has lost this team. Is it that tough for you to see?

So a rookie coach has made a few mistakes, like rookie players, they do n't get fired after one year. With the injurys we have maybe the players regresses

I think this is a step in the right direction if he wants to stay on staff here. His saying this does two things:

1) Lets the players know he is now ready to take blame for the mistakes of the team, he might win some players back.

2) If they were to hire a new head coach, he MAY stay on as coordinator if he really does think he's not ready to be the head honcho.

One of the best things he could have said. Now, he needs to follow through and make some changes for any of this to have any merit.

I think that him staying on staff as OC might be the best thing for everyone. I don't think Zorn is a bad coach but he obviously wasn't ready for the leap from QB Coach to Head Coach.

Keeping him on board as an OC is one of the better ideas I've heard yet. That way we keep the same basic philosophy in place so we don't have to worry about another learning curve with yet another new system and at the same time Zorn can focus on his play design.

I don't know if this is even realistic but it seems like a better idea than keeping him as HC and it seems like a way better idea than bringing in an entirely new system.

So a rookie coach has made a few mistakes, like rookie players, they do n't get fired after one year. With the injurys we have maybe the players regresses

Made a few mistakes... ? Zorn has shown no sign of growth or learning from those mistakes. Every team has injuries this time of year. The team that whooped us yesterday has a list on IR so long that it had to be scrolled on the screen. Zorn has been in this league for 30 years. He is in over his head in his duties.

There is no way that he would take a demotion to just being the OC. No one takes a demotion and stays with the organization - too much pride involved and, plus, people wouldn't take you terribly seriously.

Also, why on Earth would Snyder want him to stay on as OC if his offense is the biggest part of the problem???

It means absolutely nothing now. I'm indifferent and do not feel bad for him at all. I'm just so upset at how flat the entire team came out. It's not just Zorn...it's the entire organization. I haven't been this upset in a long time at the Redskins. I'll be better by Sunday, I'm sure, but my gear will remain in storage until I see a huge turnaround. That's my personal protest.

That's how Dallas fans typically react to losing seasons. They hide their affiliation with the franchise. I thought Redskins fans were better than that...:doh:

There is no way that he would take a demotion to just being the OC. No one takes a demotion and stays with the organization - too much pride involved and, plus, people wouldn't take you terribly seriously.

Also, why on Earth would Snyder want him to stay on as OC if his offense is the biggest part of the problem???

1) If he really does feel like he's in over his head, he may take the demotion.

2) As the offensive coordinator he could focus on the offense. As the head coach he needs to be involved in every aspect of the game. People don't realize it, but there's alot that goes into being a head coach. You need to know defensive gameplans and need to pay attention to what the defense is doing during the game. You need to pay attention to special teams. You need to keep focus on the players, see who's playing well, who may be hurt, who may be crying like a little girl on the sideline. Then in the middle of that you have to call plays.

Being the head guy is ALOT of distractions. There is QUITE a difference between coordinating and being the head coach. His offense doesn't have his full attention... As a coordinator... it does.

Everyone has enough blame to go around for the loss, but the coach's call to go w/ Sellers 2x at the goaline is idiotic. Especially when you consider that there is a featured RB on your roster. Rocks brings it to the cincy 13 and we can make one yard has as much to w. the players as the plays that were called. How many times do our players run routes shorter than the first down marker? That's coaching/play calling!

So, you can stick up for him, but as the leader...he should harness the blame. It's also his job to get the players to perform, in not get the next guy in that can.

How is players running routes short of the first dowen marker play calling? That's execution!! And in case you forgot when we were on the thirteen, his play calling got the ball into our best "Playmaker" TWICE!!" And what hapened? He drops a pass on one of them and runs straight into the back of his o line for a two yard gain for the other.

I also highly doubt that Snyder wants to cut ties - it would look really bad considering the way the coaching search went down. But, if the players truly don't respect him, or it's clear that he is completely unsuited for the task, then you gotta whack him.

Well, I think killing him might be a bit too extreme...

:rotflmao:

Archived