Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's Mon. press conference (12/15)--he feels like "Worst coach in America" (merged)

NastyBoy

He is stuck with ther worst FO in America, that much is sure.

While I agree our FO has made some suspect moves...........they're not quite THE worst. Detriot's has been REALLY bad.........but at least they finally showed Millan the door.

Hopefully Vinnie is next.

This is bull****. No one could have won that game yesterday with the way the players were phoning it in. I don't care if your Vince ****ing Lombardi. The PLAYERS lost that game yesterday, Zorn never had a chance. I got your baack Coach, even if the rest of redskins nation are too blind to see the real problem. Players just plain not giving a damn.

Everyone has enough blame to go around for the loss, but the coach's call to go w/ Sellers 2x at the goaline is idiotic. Especially when you consider that there is a featured RB on your roster. Rocks brings it to the cincy 13 and we can make one yard has as much to w. the players as the plays that were called. How many times do our players run routes shorter than the first down marker? That's coaching/play calling!

So, you can stick up for him, but as the leader...he should harness the blame. It's also his job to get the players to perform, in not get the next guy in that can.

Follow me here.:)

He signed a 1 year contract there.

They have a habit of shaking up their coaching staffs.

It was basically know a few weeks ago that they weren't expect to bring him back for next year.

However, with the mentality of about 85% of the membership here, ES only wised up to this yesterday.

Now, that said, my only question is if this does happen, will Saunders be let go in St Louis? :)

Now that my jaw is on the floor, all I can think is this whole year could have already been there. If Dan brings both coaches back he would look like a clown. Fire both coaches, do this unimaginable experiment, **** can this guy and get back the two you fired? It is Dan we're talking about and I should be used to him not surprising me, but isn't that whole scinereo what 85% of the people on this board wanted last year? This will be interesting.

So running the SAME gameplane week-in and week-out is the players fault? Now, I've had enough of Campbell and his inability to read a defense and release the ball quickly but when Zorn runs the same plays at the same time EVERY week, that is not on the players it's on him.

He's so stubborn that he wants to force the run with Clinton Portis when the defense obviously knows it's coming.

1st & 2nd down run for minimal yardage with Portis, 3rd down Campbell throws a checkdown to one of the backs and they get stopped way shy of the 1st down marker, punt. Rinse and repeat.

Sorry but that falls squarely on the coach's shoulders.

Amen

How can you tell that he's running the same plays? All plays look the same when they end up going to the check down route every time. He said in press conferences that he had to adjust the playcalling and simplify the offense because the players couldn't handle it.

Zorn will not be fired, even if he loses his final 2, 7-9 is not a bad record for a rookie coach.

That would make him 1-7 in the last 8 games.

Marty, a guy that had taken teams to multiple conference championship games and playoff berths, was fired after finishing 8-3 in his last 11 games.

Zorn is done. Losing to the Bengals is far more significant than anything else he has done. Season is on the line and we are playing a gimme team in an empty stadium and he lays an egg.

How can you tell that he's running the same plays? All plays look the same when they end up going to the check down route every time. He said in press conferences that he had to adjust the playcalling and simplify the offense because the players couldn't handle it.

Then he needs to Coach them so they get the plays or call plays that go into their strengths. The goal is to win games.

That would make him 1-7 in the last 8 games.

Marty, a guy that had taken teams to multiple conference championship games and playoff berths, was fired after finishing 8-3 in his last 11 games.

Zorn is done. Losing to the Bengals is far more significant than anything else he has done. Season is on the line and we are playing a gimme team in an empty stadium and he lays an egg.

Not just the losing but how he has lost...the team has looked lethargic. Wilson sitting on the sidelines and laughing about his penalty...that was the last straw for me.

Maybe they're not the same exact plays maybe they are, but regardless he's running the same type of plays on the same downs and he has been all season. Every defense in the league knows that he's going to run with Portis on first down, and usually on 2nd down.

Why not implement the element of surprise? You win games through execution and through keeping the opposing defense guessing.

The only time we moved the ball yesterday was when we threw either screens or intermediate passes on first down, but Zorn went right back to running Portis on the first few downs when we needed a TD in the 4th.

I said earlier that personnel accounts for a lot of the checkdowns (ahem, Jason Campbell, ahem) but it starts with Zorn not doing the same thing every week.

And also, he said the same thing about simplifying the offense a couple of weeks ago when we got handled by the Giants. I have yet to see anything that looks different offensively.

Archived