Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's Mon. press conference (12/15)--he feels like "Worst coach in America" (merged)

NastyBoy

He's a rookie coach at 7-7 right now.

Hell no, he's not the worst.

Yes, but he inherited a playoff team. He has since run the franchise into the ground. Not one facet of the Redskins is heading in the right direction. Zorn makes no changes. It took losing to the Bengals to realize he needs to change? Uh, did he sleep through the Steelers and Cowboys games?

The guy is way out of his league here.

Which is just another one of Zorn's stupid decisions.

Actually I dont believe it was a stupid decision. He needed somebody to sit up in the press box and watch how the plays were going and how the defense was reacting to the plays. He then relays that info down to Zorn who makes his calls based on the personel he has, the field position, the defense they are facing, the score, the time on the game clock, the momentum, etc.

He really doesnt need to have a total knowledge of the WCO, he just needs to be on the same page as Zorn. And know alittle about reading defenses. ;)

Actually I dont believe it was a stupid decision. He needed somebody to sit up in the press box and watch how the plays were going and how the defense was reacting to the plays. He then relays that info down to Zorn who makes his calls based on the personel he has, the field position, the defense they are facing, the score, the time on the game clock, the momentum, etc.

He really doesnt need to have a total knowledge of the WCO, he just needs to be on the same page as Zorn. And know alittle about reading defenses. ;)

I disagree.

If he wanted to turn this team from the Gibbs-style (or Saunders, but I don't want to bring up the whole "Who's calling the plays?" can of worms) to the WCO he needed to bring someone along with him that understood the WCO also.

I don't like the idea of the team AND the offensive coordinator learning the WCO.

He brought in a friend, which isn't always a good idea.

Yes, but he inherited a playoff team.

That's a bit misleading. Yeah, they made the playoffs last season, but that team was in disarray and sinking fast. It had the same problems. The Skins weren't scoring points and not beating the teams they were supposed to. The Bears fixed a major problem on that team and opened the doors for a playoff run.

Yes, but he inherited a playoff team. He has since run the franchise into the ground. Not one facet of the Redskins is heading in the right direction. Zorn makes no changes. It took losing to the Bengals to realize he needs to change? Uh, did he sleep through the Steelers and Cowboys games?

The guy is way out of his league here.

But did he really inherit a "playoff team" ?? I ask this because the way you state that would tend to make some believe we were this perenial power entering last years playoff. When actually we willed our way in with a back up QB and alot of emotion. Only then to get thoroughly exposed in Seattle.

I do agree with your assestment that he is out of his league, but it is not from lack of knowledge, enthusiasm, or potential. But rather that he has taken on way too many responsabilities. I dont believe you can be a QB coach, an OC and a HC all in your rookie season.

Anyone listening to his presser right now?

Today is THE first time I've heard him say he needs to take a close look at himself and his coaching staff. Kinda refreshing, but too little, too late if you ask me.

I will admit it's nice to hear him take a big bite of humble pie for a change. Whether or not it can affect change at this point is another question.

It's nice that Zorn is the kind of guy that is willing to fall on the sword, so to speak. It's been unfair to him. Both lines are a disaster. Key players are fumbling balls. Cerrato doesn't acknowledge the importance of drafting needs instead of BPA all the time. His DC loves gap control instead of attacking.

Yet despite all that, he's talking about re evaluating himself. Now I don't care what anyone else says but Zorn is going to be a winner in this league. Whether its for the B&G or not. :helmet:

But did he really inherit a "playoff team" ?? I ask this because the way you state that would tend to make some believe we were this perenial power entering last years playoff. When actually we willed our way in with a back up QB and alot of emotion. Only then to get thoroughly exposed in Seattle.

What he inherited is a team with alot of talent. We have a probowl players WR(Moss), TE(Cooley), RT(Samuels), G(Thomas) and RB(Portis). We drafted the best WR in the draft D Thomas and added pieces like Kelly and Davis which should of boosted the offense to new heights. We still have decent backups in Betts, ARE. We have one of the best FB in Sellers. There is absolutely no excuse for this type of output with the talent we have. Remember back...except for the Giants first game we should have reeled off 6 straight. We were 6-2 and ranked in the top of almost every statistically category except points.

Bottom line: NO EXCUSES.

What he inherited is a team with alot of talent. We have a probowl players WR(Moss), TE(Cooley), RT(Samuels), G(Thomas) and RB(Portis). We drafted the best WR in the draft D Thomas and added pieces like Kelly and Davis which should of boosted the offense to new heights. We still have decent backups in Betts, ARE. We have one of the best FB in Sellers. There is absolutely no excuse for this type of output with the talent we have. Remember back...except for the Giants first game we should have reeled off 6 straight. We were 6-2 and ranked in the top of almost every statistically category except points.

Bottom line: NO EXCUSES.

Plus-if we were not a playoff team we would not have peed away a bunch of money on Jason Taylor.

I was just listening to the PC again. I have to say that I don't really believe anything he says. He said in the PC that he might consider deferring the kickoff. Then today on his radio spot he basically says he meant that sarcastically.

Beyond that it's just hard to feel that he believes what he says when he says things like they're building a good foundation. You can generally tell when someone feels strongly about what they're saying and it's possible he's just shocked by the way they're playing, but I don't buy that entirely.

I'm a known Zorn-hater, so take all this as you will.

Archived