Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's Mon. press conference (12/15)--he feels like "Worst coach in America" (merged)

NastyBoy

I tend to agree that the players looked totally uninspired yesterday. BUT.....why do you think that is? Even in his second stint we NEVER saw a team give up on Gibbs like this. Not ever.

That's pretty telling in my opinion.

Yeah, because Gibbs was the one COACH Snyder respected more than the players. EVERY OTHER COACH that has come in here is destined to fail because Snyder won't give them any support and always sides with the PLAYERS. Gibbs was just the exception to the rule. The players don't work hard because they don't have to. plain and simple.

To little to late. He knows he's out the door in 2 weeks.

Agreed, TK. And rightfully so.

Some say we shouldn't "rebuild" all over again. Rebuild WHAT, exactly? From where I sit we haven't built much of anything this year.

Tear it down, strip it to it's lowest common denominators, and start from the ground up.........i.e. the Tuna in Miami. They should serve as a role model for all teams who've gone astray.

This is bull****. No one could have won that game yesterday with the way the players were phoning it in. I don't care if your Vince ****ing Lombardi. The PLAYERS lost that game yesterday, Zorn never had a chance. I got your baack Coach, even if the rest of redskins nation are too blind to see the real problem. Players just plain not giving a damn.

Players mailing it in ok ill give you that but belief in a coach goes along way. Players never phoned it in under Gibbs and i wonder why that is. Alot goes on behind the scenes with Zorn and he has cause these issues himself and to think otherwise isnt a sound way of thinking at this point. Zorn saying all this now is just lip service because he is about to be fired. It means very little for him to be saying this now after all this time of blaming the players and he is just grasping at straws at this point.

I tend to agree that the players looked totally uninspired yesterday. BUT.....why do you think that is? Even in his second stint we NEVER saw a team give up on Gibbs like this. Not ever.

That's pretty telling in my opinion.

Yeah it tells me hes not as good a coach as (IMO) the greatest coach ever.

H shouldn't have to say anything. His players are conducting themselves like a bunch of kids, Portis and Moss above all. I am sure coach drills them in mistake free football, and just because they don't listen, why should he blame his self. These players need to stand up and examine themselves and realize they are accoutable for their mistakes, and try to correct them.

How about the Coach hold them responsible? He doesn't do that? How about the Coach call plays that result in progress, rather than 2-3 yard routes on 3rd and seven? How about he hold himself accountable.

He should feel like the worst Coach in America. He just about is.

It means absolutely nothing now. I'm indifferent and do not feel bad for him at all. I'm just so upset at how flat the entire team came out. It's not just Zorn...it's the entire organization. I haven't been this upset in a long time at the Redskins. I'll be better by Sunday, I'm sure, but my gear will remain in storage until I see a huge turnaround. That's my personal protest.
When will people learn. The money these guys make, why should coach have to motivate them.

How about the Coach hold them responsible? He doesn't do that? How about the Coach call plays that result in progress, rather than 2-3 yard routes on 3rd and seven? How about he hold himself accountable.

Zorn is being a little hard on himself though...Marinelli is the worst but Zorn is second worst.

Do you really think so?

Maybe 3-4. Depends on who Dan has lined up to come in & interview. And depends on if Dan is willing to basically admit he was wrong on firing a certain someone & ending up with this knee jerk of a decision coach. But yeah, I think he's done here. He's obviously in over his head. But at least today he was self critical of himself for the first time.

When will people learn. The money these guys make, why should coach have to motivate them.

Probably the same time people that perpetuate a 60's mentality realize the millennium has changed.

EDIT: Truth is, I'm wrong. Human nature doesn't change and motivation is needed. It's no small wonder that guys like Lombardi, Gibbs, Walsh, and Knoll have been successful. Any group of humans needs some motivation.

He is definitely a work in progress. IMO, he has gone completely conservative to try and keep his job.

The biggest problem I have with his play calling came to a head yesterday. Two scores down, 2:08 left after Rock had a GREAT KO return to the 10; We ran the ball, then we throw a screen??? JC was not getting that much pressure yesterday.

Maybe the players have also lost the confidence in play calling. He is not the worst coach but if he can't make game time adjustments and/or half time adjustments, he will never succeed as a HC in the NFL.

Yeah, because Gibbs was the one COACH Snyder respected more than the players. EVERY OTHER COACH that has come in here is destined to fail because Snyder won't give them any support and always sides with the PLAYERS. Gibbs was just the exception to the rule. The players don't work hard because they don't have to. plain and simple.

I agree and disagree. Yes, Snyder respected, even revered Gibbs. That is why a head coach who can demand that type of respect is what this franchise needs. Of course that's just my opinion. We had that type of coach in Marty, IMO, but Snyder wasn't ready to let go of the reigns at that point. It's also why Cowher, or someone like him, would be the right sort of guy to get in here.

I don't agree the players aren't working hard because they don't have to. I believe they became frustrated with the lack of game-planning, creativity, and overall leadership Zorn has shown. No matter how much you're paid, that will wear on you and sooner or later..........people revolt against bad leadership and lack of accountability. It's human nature. Throw in highly paid kids...........professional athletes and you have the "perfect storm" of volatility.

Players who believe in their leader will walk through fire for them, and they did that early in the season. Zorn led all of them, and us, astray when he failed to make the adjustments needed for continued success. Don't bring up injuries, either.........all NFL teams are dealing with losses in personnel. That's an excuse, and one that doesn't hold water. If we're lacking in depth, that's a FO issue.........but coaching to the talent you have and maximizing that talent falls squarely on the coaches shoulders, and he didn't get the job done.

Maybe 3-4. Depends on who Dan has lined up to come in & interview. And depends on if Dan is willing to basically admit he was wrong on firing a certain someone & ending up with this knee jerk of a decision coach. But yeah, I think he's done here. He's obviously in over his head. But at least today he was self critical of himself for the first time.

Oh my, am I seeing you might think that the certain someone is about to be not coaching in Jacksonville or am I reading too much?

The fact is, Zorn did not fumble. Zorn did not get stupid penaltys and above all Zorn did not preform on the field. When we were 6-2 everbody was saying, way to go coach, keep doing what your doing. I still thing injurys have taken the toll. Remember half our off line was hurting Sunday.

This is bull****. No one could have won that game yesterday with the way the players were phoning it in. I don't care if your Vince ****ing Lombardi. The PLAYERS lost that game yesterday, Zorn never had a chance. I got your baack Coach, even if the rest of redskins nation are too blind to see the real problem. Players just plain not giving a damn.

So running the SAME gameplane week-in and week-out is the players fault? Now, I've had enough of Campbell and his inability to read a defense and release the ball quickly but when Zorn runs the same plays at the same time EVERY week, that is not on the players it's on him.

He's so stubborn that he wants to force the run with Clinton Portis when the defense obviously knows it's coming.

1st & 2nd down run for minimal yardage with Portis, 3rd down Campbell throws a checkdown to one of the backs and they get stopped way shy of the 1st down marker, punt. Rinse and repeat.

Sorry but that falls squarely on the coach's shoulders.

To little to late. He knows he's out the door in 2 weeks.

Amen

Archived