Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: CC Sabathia to sign with Yankees

praise_gibbs

Thank goodness. That's too much money though.

And I hope they can sign 2 more starters... because what they need to do is put Chamberlain back into middle relief.

Now, what are they going to do with the young kids they were supposed to be developing? Are they trade bait.... for hitters?

Because the Yankees should be able to pitch now.... but they're going to need some bats too.

This means no AJ Burnett. So this move is pretty sweet.....

I dunno... Burnett can be dominant when he's healthy. But an injury-plauged player can be frustrating.

Personally, I think they'll sign Sheets. And he has the same rap-sheet.

And I hope the Braves get Burnett... tired of him burning the Yanks in matchups.

I dunno... Burnett can be dominant when he's healthy. But an injury-plauged player can be frustrating.

Personally, I think they'll sign Sheets. And he has the same rap-sheet.

And I hope the Braves get Burnett... tired of him burning the Yanks in matchups.

I dont like giving Burnett 4 or 5 years.

While I agree on Sheets, I'm hoping he'll come cheaper & shorter than Burnett would have.

Isn't that the truth. It's just not a system that helps all the teams. Until they get a hard cap, baseball is worthless.

I'm so sick of the "Payroll" argument. Especially since it's not correct.

6 weeks ago, a team that was ranked 29th in payroll, made it to the World Series.

The top three teams in payroll (Both New Yorks & Detroit) didn't even make the playoffs.

Payroll means nothing. The only advantage the upper payroll teams have is they can **** up & not have it ruin their whole season. And that is even only true sometimes......

What is it about you yankee fans? Ever since you started to try to buy the world series, it hasn't worked. You were so successful when you relied on the farm system.
Isn't that the truth. It's just not a system that helps all the teams. Until they get a hard cap, baseball is worthless.

Is that the truth?

Guys like Tino Martinez, Wade Boggs, Roger Clemens, Jimmy Key, Dave Wells, David Cone, Roger Clemens.... were they home-grown talent? Were they not key to the Yankees championships?

Is that the truth?

Guys like Tino Martinez, Wade Boggs, Roger Clemens, Jimmy Key, Dave Wells, David Cone, Roger Clemens.... were they home-grown talent? Were they not key to the Yankees championships?

I would argue that Jeter, Williams, Posada, Riveria and the like were the key guys and what the yankees did was add solid players and not every all-star they could.

Is that the truth?

Yeah, that was my impression that the late 90s Yanks were somehow "built from within", but its not really true, when you go back and look at their roster. The only "homegrown" talent was Jeter, Pettite, Posada, Rivera, and Bernie Williams. Riviera, Jeter, Posada(though injured) and Petitte are still on the team, and they also have Robinson Cano and Joba Chamberlain which came from their farm. Not sure about their bullpen, but it seems like abou the same makeup.

I'm so sick of the "Payroll" argument. Especially since it's not correct.

6 weeks ago, a team that was ranked 29th in payroll, made it to the World Series.

The top three teams in payroll (Both New Yorks & Detroit) didn't even make the playoffs.

Payroll means nothing. The only advantage the upper payroll teams have is they can **** up & not have it ruin their whole season. And that is even only true sometimes......

Earth to poster: you said in your own post the reason no salary cap is totally unfair. Let's take the Ray's. If they don't draft well, they will never win. So they have one way of fielding a winner.(I'm not talking just world series, but having a chance every year to make the playoffs. The Yankees and Red Sox have two ways to win. They can draft well, but they can also afford to pay for the best talent every year and as you said, "they can **** up & not have it ruin their whole season." So the rich teams have 2 ways to win and the poor teams have 1 way to win. Is that really fair? In the NFL, every team has the draft and the same amount of money. That gives every team a chance every year.

Yeah, that was my impression that the late 90s Yanks were somehow "built from within", but its not really true, when you go back and look at their roster. The only "homegrown" talent was Jeter, Pettite, Posada, Rivera, and Bernie Williams. Riviera, Jeter, Posada(though injured) and Petitte are still on the team, and they also have Robinson Cano and Joba Chamberlain which came from their farm. Not sure about their bullpen, but it seems like abou the same makeup.

But we are talking about those players when they were really in there prime. Plus, as I said, it seems like they didn't just go after the superstar at every position and pay the most every time. They had character guys. The moment they decided to pay 15 mill to every position player they could get, there luck changed.

Archived