Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: CC Sabathia to sign with Yankees

praise_gibbs

Remember, it's not always about winning the WS either. The Yankees and Red Sox have been contenders in the playoffs for 15 years now. Have the Phillies, Diamondbacks, Marlins or White Sox been contenders every year? I think that's the point, that the Yankees and Red Sox can remain contenders year in and year out with their money whereas other clubs can't, but other clubs will win a WS here and there with a good year. Were the Phillies really the best team in the NL this year? The Marlins the two years they won it? No, they just won when it counted. I would bet that the Rays run will last through this season, then they'll falter again. I think the only team in the NL that has been contenders year in and year out are the Cardinals. The Angels get a pass in the weak ass AL West.
The difference Dave is that my business does not rely on other Ins Agencies to survive. In fact, Id be happy if all of the other agents quit.

The Yankees (add other big mkt teams as well) NEED the have nots to survive.

Ive said for years that teams like the Royals should simply forfeit games at NY and save money on travel, while screwing Steinbrenner out of revenue.

Teams like the Yanks/Sox etc will ALWAYS be contenders. Teams like the Rays will have runs from time to time, but wont ALWAYS be there. And the reverse is that the Yanks will NEVER be in the cellar.

It's a joke.

I pretty much said the same thing earlier. We're thinking alike on this subject.

Lester was our ace last year since Beckett was out. I think Lester is going to end up having a better carreer then Beckett when it is all said and done. He is still young and improving every year. They rode him big time last year.

I love how Yankee fans are drooling over Sabathia since you just paid 161 mill to a guy that is basically going to replace Mussina :) he also has an out clause after 3 years.

Lester, up until this point, is not an ace. He may well be.... but he's not. The Jays also rode Burnett.... who won a lot of games last year despite his 4.00 ERA. Doesn't make him an ace.

I love how baseballs fans find every angle to criticize the signing. I mean, it really doesn't matter what the team did.... you're going to "love" it. "OH THE YANKEES PAID TO MUCH"... or "OH HE"S GOING TO BE FAT IN 2 YEARS" or "OH HE HAS OUT CLAUSE after 3 years".

You know what? The Yankees with Sabathia, Burnett, Wang, Chamberlain and XXXX is going to smoke the BoSox. That's whats up.

Lester, up until this point, is not an ace. He may well be.... but he's not. The Jays also rode Burnett.... who won a lot of games last year despite his 4.00 ERA. Doesn't make him an ace.

I love how baseballs fans find every angle to criticize the signing. I mean, it really doesn't matter what the team did.... you're going to "love" it. "OH THE YANKEES PAID TO MUCH"... or "OH HE"S GOING TO BE FAT IN 2 YEARS" or "OH HE HAS OUT CLAUSE after 3 years".

You know what? The Yankees with Sabathia, Burnett, Wang, Chamberlain and XXXX is going to smoke the BoSox. That's whats up.

I love a Yankee fan trying tell a Red Sox fan that Lester was not our ace last year lol. Lester was 16-6 with a 3.21 era and started Game 1 of the playoffs. Beckett was hurt all last year so he was not our true ace.

we will see, and i hope the yanks are dumb to put chamberlain in the rotation :)

i am very happy with beckett, lester, dice, wakefield, smotz :)

the yankees are desperate that is clear, when you have to pay for a starting rotation one offseason shows how desperate they are

Archived