Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell step up you are not a rookie(Campbell thread).

redskins0756

First of, how much of our receivers not catching the ball Campbell's fault? If he's throwing the ball when they're not ready, obviously, they'll have a hard time catching the ball. This may be Campbell's fault.

All I know is, JC is not starting material. He would, however, make a good backup. I see Eli Manning throw bombs all the time. Campbell's deep throw sucks.

im starting to agree with you. I really have been pulling for campbell to succeed, but hes just not getting it done.

I cant put all the blame on him, he has no playmakers at receiver, but that doesnt explain all the passes short of the first down marker. at some point you have to take a chance on third and long and throw past the first down marker.

I am VERY frustrated with this team right now. No concentration, no focus.

Put in any other starting QB and they would do better than Jason. For crying out loud, Shaun Hill of the 49ers is doing better than Jason.

Even Byron Leftwich played better. He was on 3 teams in 3 years. Oh my gosh he learned an NFL offense! Gasp! Who would think that you could make plays and lead your team to a win?

he doesn't throw deep he's too conservative

he throws deep he's a bad decision maker

he gets sacked on a three step drop he takes too long on his reads

you can say people are blind defending him, but you are just as blind insulting him

way to pick your poison

he throws short of a first down OFTEN

he underthrew that long ball, even the tv people said so

he got sacked on a 30 (ok maybe it was 7 or 8) step drop (how far back does he think he can go?)

I really like the kid, but he just has looked horrible over the last month. I don't think he can guide the team to a championship, unless they really, really improve in all other areas so he only has to manage the team, rather than have to take over a game. Kind of like Dilfer when the Ravens won the Superbowl.

Thsi is not JC's fault. We don't have enough talent on this offense, specificly the skill positions. Not to mention NY's defense is just rediculous. Their running backs go three deep, and we had to sign that retred Alexander when Clinton was hurting. We have a franchise QB, but we don't have the talent surrounding him for this team to be successful. Defense, too, especially special teams.

Name me 3 QB's in the league who can win with this happening in the same game:

1. WR's dropping a ton of passes

2. RB's not able to get 1st downs or be productive

3. 5 Offensive lineman unable to protect QB against 4 people

4. Defense giving up tons of yards and points

I'm not a huge fan of JC's but the team around him is not helping his cause at all today. When the opposing Defense is in the backfield 2 seconds after the snap the Line isn't doing there job. When WR's have many balls in there hands and drop them over and over again that's on them. On 4th and 1 when your RB can't get that yard its on him. JC screwed up today throwing passes into double and triple coverage but the entire team failed today, get off the QB's back

Lets take a lookat your list.

1) WR's did drop a lot of passes. I also saw a lot of passes thrown high, behind, too far in front, etc, of the recievers. Every QB in the league has WR's that drop passes, by the way.

2) You cant rely on the running game to rack up 150-200 yards every single game, especially against one of the best defenses in the league. When you're running game gets shut down, you rely on the passing game to get things moving, and open up the running game. Pass to set up the run, in those circumstances. Of course, we dont have a decent passer.

3) Our O-line, playing against perhaps the best D-line in fooball, did a solid job of pass blocking today. Only gave up 3 sacks. Thats not too shabby. of course, when your QB holds onto the ball for 6-7 seconds and doesnt make a decision, it's going to result in sacks. This game was NOT the fault of the o-line.

4) You know why the defense gave up a ton of TOP and yards? (23 points isnt too bad, against the best team in the league) Its because our offense couldnt do jack ****. 3 and out. 3 and out. Dropped pass. INT. Missed field goal. Whatever the hell else. We have a very good, but not great, defense. We have a defense thats good enough to win games with, and maybe even good enough to win a championship with, if only the offense would give them some help.

Do you really think a defense can play 40+ mins and be as effective as they normally are?

I like JC, but one thing is clear: he has done nothing to warrant a contract extension. The line hasn't helped, but he keeps making the same mistakes.

Depressing.

If the offense sucks it up in the first half next week, Collins deserves a shot. You can say he's a system qb all you want, but how could the offense look worse under him? The last couple weeks... JC just looks lost. He's not making the right decisions time and time again.

Fair to JC or not, we need a spark.

im starting to agree with you. I really have been pulling for campbell to succeed, but hes just not getting it done.

I cant put all the blame on him, he has no playmakers at receiver, but that doesnt explain all the passes short of the first down marker. at some point you have to take a chance on third and long and throw past the first down marker.

you need to go to a game and watch santana get locked up 1 on 1 with no safety. it's pathetic.

I think your comment exactly explains what I am getting at. Yes I will agree other components of this team are not working. Offensive line and dropped passes. BUT Jason Campbell can NOT be shielded from the blame.

Some people want to wrap a blanket around him like a baby and say that oh this happened and that happened so he cant be blamed. Enough I say! He must take accountability for his actions!

I wish he was holding a clipboard for another team. Hey Joe Gibbs. See if you can get some draft picks you gave away back for Campbell. You can convince another team how great he is can't you? Give them the example of how much you gave up for him. As for Jim Zorn, replace Jon Jansen immediately as well. Thanks.

Why did Todd Collins look so much better last year with the exact same personnel?

Campbell isn't the only problem, but he's the biggest. Against good defenses you must have a QB who can make plays and carry you. Campbell isn't that nor will he ever be. He's another Patrick Ramsey.

Collins was in Al Saunders system for years and knew it better so Al Saunders opened up the playbook more then he did with JC.

JC isn't the problem today. And what is frustrating is when you fans go off on JC on a day like today when it wouldn't have mattered who was our QB we would have lost. If we had Brady, would the WR's held onto the ball that hit them in the hands and chest? If we had Brady would CP been able to run better? If we had Brady would he have not been sacked as many times as JC was?

Today reminds me of last years game in Green Bay. JC deserves a pass today from the brunt of the blame because he didn't have any help out there. When your Oline, RB, WR's, Defense, Kicker, and play calling all stink up the joint you can't blame the QB for not doing his job

Oh boo hoo they lost to the best team in football. I guess we should use that excuse every time we lose to any halfway decent team. Oh they were above .500 the Skins shouldn't have beaten them.

How did JC play ok? He played terrible and is not he quarterback of the future. I'm done defending the guy unless over the next 4 games he can somehow engineer a miraculous run.

Nope.....did you read what I said? Are you retarded? I said we lost to the best team in football......and thats just what we did. Lost to the best team in football. BY FAR the best team.

Never said anything about using that excuse any other time.

Campbell has always overthrown, underthrown and flat out missed open recievers.

his short accuracy: average

intermediate accuracy: average

long accuracy: horrible.

His decision making is too slow and windup and release is waaaaaaaaay too slow. Take a look at Aaron Rogers today, zip one in for a TD on a last second decision. Campbell has never and never will be capable of making those throws. And with the O line as suspect as it is, we need a QB able to make throws like that.

The team was fine b4 the missed field goal. Everyone should be talking about Suisham.

Yes, because we all know suisham is the reason out OFFENSE doesnt produce.

Campbell has always overthrown, underthrown and flat out missed open recievers.

his short accuracy: average

intermediate accuracy: average

long accuracy: horrible.

His decision making is too slow and windup and release is waaaaaaaaay too slow. Take a look at Aaron Rogers today, zip one in for a TD on a last second decision. Campbell has and never will be capable of making those throws. And with the O line as suspect as it is, we need a QB able to make throws like that.

Exactly. His skill set, whatever that might be, is not suited for such a quick, rythm offense like the WCO. You can eat a sandwhich in between his windup and release. On quick slants, its just painful to watch how slow he seems to be. He cant make reads quick enough. His anticipation is horrid; and his accuracy on the long ball seems to have vanished. He would be better suited for a "best show on turf", wide-open, deep passing kind of offense.

I really dont know how much longer all you JC homers can defend the guy. You'd think our 4 game winning streak when todd collins came in last year would give you a clue.

I have been one of Campbell's biggest supporters. Not any more. He was absolutely pathetic in this game. He holds the ball entirely to long and cant make a quick decision. He did have a number of important drops in this game. The line did a good job. The sacks were almost all Campbells fault. You CANNOT hold the ball that long against that defense. If we weren't in a playoff run I would say put Brennan in. Fortunately we still have a very good chance to make the playoffs. Thats my rant for the day.out

Archived