Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell step up you are not a rookie(Campbell thread).

redskins0756

Yeah, it's a good thing we have a healthy team.

Oh, wait...:rolleyes:

What injuries on the offensive side of the ball besides Heyer are affecting us? Malcom Kelly? The guy is a rookie and hasn't done anything. Clinton? He looked fine out there.

The Patriots lost their starting running back and 3 offensive lineman to injured reserve. So I'd take our situation over NE's any day considering who they lost.

Hi everyone this is my first post. I just have to say that some comments on here show that some of the redskin fans are some of the worst fans in all of football. I do not see other fan bases talk about there quarterback like i do here. I wish some people could just calm down and give JC more of a chance because he deserves more than some of ya give him. Sorry for this being my first post, but I just wish some redskins fans on here could be better fans rather than attacking their quarterback that is actually playing well with what he has.

Hate to say that Todd Collins is a one trick pony, but he knows Al Saunders offense because he was in it for 8 years. He should have done well all things considered. When he started to learn the WCO, he did not look all that great executing it. I understand the frustration, but why are there a lot of people on here afraid of calling out our offensive line? They are certainly not the hogs. By the way, Portis only got 22 yards carrying the football in weather game which is certainly suited for our style of football and we got beat at our own game. Yet Jason Campbell is terrible and he should be benched. It wouldn't do anything! The offensive line would still be terrible and we still wouldn't be able to run the ball. We need to bench Jansen and put in Heyer. On a 4th and 1 we get stuffed! Yet Jason Campbell sucks. I am sorry, but while Jason made mistakes don't overlook the whole effort which is that the whole team lost. The defense looked the worst it had all year and the offensive line couldn't block. Suisham has missed consecutive field goals 4 weeks in a row. He really needs to have his job pushed for by another kicker. There are multiple factors that we lost this game and you can't singularly lay the blame at Jason Campbell's feet. The coaches and the plaeyrs lost this game together.

Where did you see TC...in preseason? How did JC do those last few games in preseason? Oh yeah we lost those games pretty good didn't we...

No one is afraid of calling out the offensive line. In fact read my original post they are a contributor to the offensive ineptitude. But the quarterback play today was just so horrendous and the offensive line actually played better considering who they were playing against and the previous performances. Plust at least 2 of those sacks were on JC not getting the ball out quick enough, in the NFL you can't hold onto it for 6 or 7 seconds and just expect not to get sacked.

No one said he should get benched the closes thing I came to saying was that give Collins first team reps this week and challenge for the starting job. Plus Portis's game was affected by the fact that the Giants were loading the box consistently and taking away our running game.

Heyer is injured bud and it's "Jansen" for future reference. The defense looked bad but they looked worse against Pittsburgh I think.

I didn't say this was "singularly" on Jason Campbell. I said a large portion of the blame needs to rest on his shoulders because people have been not holding him accountable the previous weeks.

That's a really boneheaded comment when you don't look at the stats:

New England sacks allowed - 40

Washington sacks allowed - 32

JC sacks against Pitt - 7

Cassel sacks against Pitt - 5

Cassel actually has it WORSE off this season. And he hasn't started since HIGH SCHOOL!

Close Thread.

That is it right there. JC sucks, end of discussion.

No more apologies.

Wow.

:doh:

Really? He did?

In terms of being healthy he did. In terms of production he didn't. He got shaken up in the middle of the game but came back. Did you read the context of your first post which was in terms of our team's injury status? Also I like how you divert your argument to something not relevant to what I was making a point about. Could you not come up with something else clever to say.:doh:

In terms of being healthy he did. In terms of production he didn't. He got shaken up in the middle of the game but came back. Did you read the context of your first post which was in terms of our team's injury status? Also I like how you divert your argument to something not relevant to what I was making a point about. Could you not come up with something else clever to say.:doh:

So has his sprained MCL magically healed itself? The guy hasn't practiced in weeks. The whole world knew that CP wasn't healthy coming into this game. He got his bell rung in the middle of the game. Came back, hurt his shoulder there at the end of the game.

CP is obviously playing hurt.

I may be able to get some free tix to the Ravens game I propose a bench JC chant once we're down and he's throwing short of first down. Lets bring JSuck signs and the whole 9 yards, maybe Zorn will get the message.

Not only would you embarrass the Redskins organization, you'd embarrass yourself. But you're probably used to doing that.

So has his sprained MCL magically healed itself? The guy hasn't practiced in weeks. The whole world knew that CP wasn't healthy coming into this game. He got his bell rung in the middle of the game. Came back, hurt his shoulder there at the end of the game.

CP is obviously playing hurt.

CP is playing hurt but he looked fine out there today, besides the injury later in the game and then the production because of our inept passing attack which caused NY to just load the box. Done.

Now are we done exhausting this topic, because I think the thread title mentions something about JC not CP ;)

Not only would you embarrass the Redskins organization, you'd embarrass yourself. But you're probably used to doing that.

I have to agree with you Bones.

We may disagree about whether JC should start but doing that sort of thing during a game, Alex, is just really stupid and shows a lack of maturity.

seriously, are you people on drugs?......campbell is the least of our problems.......

is he the one who dropped 3 key 3rd down passes?

is he the one pass protecting?

is he the one calling plays?

is he the one getting outcoached?

is he the one who's not getting open?

is he the one who can't make a big play on defense or special teams?

What injuries on the offensive side of the ball besides Heyer are affecting us? Malcom Kelly? The guy is a rookie and hasn't done anything. Clinton? He looked fine out there.

The Patriots lost their starting running back and 3 offensive lineman to injured reserve. So I'd take our situation over NE's any day considering who they lost.

Samuels - needs knee surgery but is putting it off until the end of the season.

Thomas - most recent - toe in October. Strained knee in Aug. Season ending surgery last year.

Jansen - missed all of last year with an ankle injury. Obviously he didn't come back the same or he wouldn't have lost his spot to Heyer. Also, will have hand surgery after the season for a broken thumb that never healed.

Heyer - shoulder injury - re-injured Nov. 24 (you mentioned him)

Kendall - missed practices this week due to knee injuries.

CP is playing hurt but he looked fine out there today, besides the injury later in the game and then the production because of our inept passing attack which caused NY to just load the box. Done.

Now are we done exhausting this topic, because I think the thread title mentions something about JC not CP ;)

On his longest run of the day which was 5 yds? Or the other 17 yds he got on the other 10 carries?

I'm not down on CP. My point is that in Zorn's version of the WCO the run is used to set up the passing game. Not the other way around. And it didn't happen in the game today.

Campbell is not a franchise QB in the mold of Manning or Brady so people expecting him to become that QB are just going to be dissapointed. Campbell does not possess the ability to make his WR's better and thus needs help at the WR spot. This team lacks a true number one WR and until it gets someone that is capable of avg. 6 catches a game Campbell will continue to struggle with a small, physically out matched, set of number two and three NFL caliber WR's. Yes Moss fans he is in fact a number two and would be incredibly explosive if he had the luxury of playing with a true number one.

I believe Campbell can be a winner here but has to have the supporting cast to help elevate his game. The front office already tried, desperately, to trade for Chad Johnson and or Anquan Boldin this past off season, and then drafted two big WR's in the second round when those deals fell through. Don't be surprised when the team tries again this off season for that big time WR, before giving up on Campbell.

Archived