Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell step up you are not a rookie(Campbell thread).

redskins0756

While I will defend him on the last drive and say that it was Jim Zorn's fault as well as the offensive line you have to place a chunk of the blame on Campbell for this loss.

He throws a critical interception down the field in double coverage. He takes 2 sacks on that last drive, while he had pressure, he needs to throw those away. He underthrew, overthrew, and threw behind receivers.

Now all of you Campbell supporters who will always point to the fact that he is learning a new system and not getting enough protection, you have to at least say that he deserves a large chunk of the blame for this loss. If we had a leader behind the center who could make plays and make the defense respect our offense we wouldn't be in situations like this.

And I will agree that the offensive line and dropped passes contributed to a large chunk of the loss but Campbell's ineptitude had to do with it as well.

cmapbell doesnt have the "IT" hell, he doesnt even have the intangibles.

the bottom line is this. our Oline is mediocre although ihave to say, they played well today against one of the best defense and campbell is mediocre. mediocre oline and mediocre QB... everyone, do the math.

this guy campbell needs to go. enough is enough. weve seen the best of this guy and there is nothing on the field that he does makes me say " oh give him more time, he will be fine. should get better" what a waste of draft pick to move up to get him in 1st round.

campbell doesnt know how to side step, step up and avoid rushes to make play. only makes plays when there is perfect protection and wide open recievers. even then, he still can make good decisions.,

When you don't have protection, open wide receivers, and when the open ones drop the ball I'd say it's a little hard to step up.

So I assume you are a Campbell supporter? He had time in numerous situations albeit on the last drive he really had no time. But during the course of the game it certainly wasn't anywhere near the pressure he got from the Pitt game. So you can't sit here and say that protection is the reason he threw balls behind, over, and short of receivers.

The receivers dropped balls I addressed that in my post.

But you have to agree that a lot of this goes on the shoulders of Campbell and that he needs to step up and stop playing like a rookie. (Although this year rookie QB's are doing real well)

Well we have 6 minutes to go maybe he will redeem himself and I can write "CROW" on the first post. I sure would like to eat some crow but Campbell hasn't afforded me the opportunity to with my criticisms of him.

6 mins left with the game virtually over. campbell will get cheap yards and perhaps a TD and increase his pathetic stat some what reasonable. then fanboy redskins fans will use today's campbell stats as if he did something nice. useless deceptive yards coming at thrash time.

show me a QB who will get things done against the best team and their leading rusher has 22 yards on 11 carries....we didnt play well at all

Ok show me a QB who can make simple throws and not throw into double coverage, killing a drive single handedly with an INT. You can hold onto your reasons to defend JC but I'm fed up with him.

It amazes me how many excuses people come up with for Campbell.

First it was the different systems

next it was conservative play calling

then it was the O-line not doing well enough

now it's receivers not good enough

Seriously people? How many excuses are you going to come up with until you realize that he's a mediocre QB at best......

As he now takes a sack after holding the ball for 6 seconds..and now throws a pick thats thankfully dropped.

show me a QB who will get things done against the best team and their leading rusher has 22 yards on 11 carries....we didnt play well at all

The Skins had the number 1 defense in the NFC before this game.

The Giants run game was stuffed. Eli tore the Skins apart. There you go.

You hold on to that BS.

Not me...........Jason I have seen enough!

I will hold on...

...you can't sit there and say the inept offense is from Campbell's so called lack of skills. The offensive line simply can't protect and obviously has lost the ability to run block today as well. As Clinton goes the Redskins go, and Clinton didn't have a chance today.

Name me 3 QB's in the league who can win with this happening in the same game:

1. WR's dropping a ton of passes

2. RB's not able to get 1st downs or be productive

3. 5 Offensive lineman unable to protect QB against 4 people

4. Defense giving up tons of yards and points

I'm not a huge fan of JC's but the team around him is not helping his cause at all today. When the opposing Defense is in the backfield 2 seconds after the snap the Line isn't doing there job. When WR's have many balls in there hands and drop them over and over again that's on them. On 4th and 1 when your RB can't get that yard its on him. JC screwed up today throwing passes into double and triple coverage but the entire team failed today, get off the QB's back

Let's be serious, Campbell can't carry a team. He needs great players around him to play well. He's a game manager that it. But, the titans have a game manager as well as the patriots and they still figure out ways to win. It could be Zorn, Campbell, the players around Campbell. I don't know, but campbell sure played horrible today.

It amazes me how many excuses people come up with for Campbell.

First it was the different systems

next it was conservative play calling

then it was the O-line not doing well enough

now it's receivers not good enough

Seriously people? How many excuses are you going to come up with until you realize that he's a mediocre QB at best......

As he now takes a sack after holding the ball for 6 seconds..and now throws a pick thats thankfully dropped.

did u see that sack? dude was back there for like 6 seconds and didnt even bother to step up. at some time as a QB, if youre back there that long, there might be some pressure from the weak side? this guy has no intagibles and instincts. god, this guy sucks.

In the months of September and October, his QB rating was over 100. November his rating has dropped to 65.

Can't put all the blame on him as the o-line is horrible at pass protection but JC still is holding onto the ball for too long and today he's playing awful, even with good protection.

This isn't a JC bashing thread but the numbers don't lie. Does anyone here see him getting any better the rest of the season and getting us into the playoffs?

Archived