Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey you suck! Chant should go. MERGED

daviddsims

I hate that cheer with a passion. Not because it's rude of anything, but because we just aren't good enough to even say something like that. Us saying it, especially at the times they have chosen, just makes us look like a bunch of retards.

I attended the Rams game, they chanted "you suck" loud as you please, and look what happened. All the national audience games plus today, I have watched on TV, the old "you suck" comes in loud and proud, and what happens? We get our asses handed to us. And frequently we have already been behind or about to be behind.

As a Terps grad and loyal Terps fan I have to say that I absolutely hate this chant too. Makes me think of all the drunken a-holes who come to Terp games just to make fun of opponents' physical attributes (ie. JJ Redick's acne problem). These are the same fans who know nothing about the team and could honestly care less whether or not the team is successful. I know I sound like I'm an 85 year old man with a hip problem but there's no respect in the game anymore. All people care about is making Sheldon Williams forehead signs and chanting things that have nothing to do with the sport.

Guys the Hey you suck chant has got to go. When I watch at home it just sounds "retarded". I am sure everyone in the national audience thinks so too. It might have been cool the first few times but it is going on years now and it just is tacky.

How about some suggestions?

Maybe we could sarcastically chant the opposing QB's name?

Or maybe we could just sit on our arses and ***** about everybody else having fun and doing Their part as the 12th man.

I personally like to take off my shirt and slap my big ol' beer belly and yell "LETS GO REDSKINS" while I'm STANDING at my seat!

Does anyone else get "This Retarded"?

I don't really like the chant that much, but it never really bothered me until today when they were chanting it while waiting for the team to be a part of the Ring of Fame induction. Totally claseless on the parts of the fans that chanted it then and the booth for playing it then.

Another thing I just "love" is when they were trying the pump up the fans by showing the "defense" sign on the mini-tron, they would also show highlights of big defensive plays from the Gibbs I era. Is there an organization who lives in the past as much as this one does? We might as well just bring Joe out of retirement again, have endless 9-7 seasons, and everyone will be happy.

Way overdue for this to go. I could see them playing this in New England since they have dominated in recent memory but for us to play it...come on, when is the last time we blew out a team?

Vince Lombardi used to say when you got in the endzone, act like you have been there before. I think that should go for the fans too. Act like your team is expected to score and win games.

Hate the "Oh", i think it is classless and was hoping it wouldnt happen, but it did. I was at the game, and the "You Suck" chant was coming from the sea of Giants fans in the crowd. At first I thought it was us, but then I saw a group of Giants fans giving it to a smaller group (I cant believe it was a "home" game) of redskins fans. It was the other teams fans today with that one though.

I created another thread with this concern, I notice in the Dallas Game as the Cowboy players were getting pumped up, At the end TO was chanting and pointing as he was leaving the field. I think is a disadvantage to our team, especially as they are struggling.

Archived