Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey you suck! Chant should go. MERGED

daviddsims

No, it didn't.

It started at College Park.

How hard is this for you people to understand?

Can you provide documentation of this? You seem like you're very sure.

Maybe you are correct, but I've been hearing college kids from all over the land singing that chant for the last 15 years.

Claiming that "you suck" started at MD is liking taking credit for inventing the beer bong.

nut uh, I was there 2 saturdays ago when my NOLES throttled the Terps. I didnt hear it once, but maybe that was because they only scored 3 points..

I remember hearing that Gary Williams asked the band to stop playing RRPII b/c of the 'you suck" chant. This was a good three to four years back. They probably stopped playing it at all MD events.

No sooner the Redskins DJ starts playing it 15 years after everyone else. Hell, most places don't play it at all anymore not b/c of the 'you suck' chant, but b/c the song is so played out at all sporting events period.

How much does FedEx suck? Let me count the ways:

1) Parking lots only open 4 hours before kickoff.

2) One of the escalators to the upper deck is broken every god damn game. Can we at least get the escalators to work 10 days a year?

3) "OOOOOO" during the National Anthem. It's wonderful that we have some Orioles fans in the house but it's NOT A ****ING ORIOLES GAME. It is disrespectful Balti-MORON behavior....leave that **** in the STD Capital of America.

4) The "HEY YOU SUCK" is unoriginal and overplayed at this point...and to top it off the song was written by a child molester...oh, and whoever runs the music at FedEx plays it at the worst times.

5) Too many seats owned by corporations that like to give away tickets to clients that are fans of opposing teams. I am glad my seat moved down, every week the last few years I was stuck next to some douchebag opposing team fans that got free tickets.

6) The "Everybody Clap Yo' Hands". *clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap*. I am not at a wedding reception. What's next FedEx?? The Chicken Dance?

7) The Beer man who insists on standing in front of the section...blocking the game...holding up two beers and saying who wants one? We know you have beer...get the fook out of the way and we will call you if we need you...and quit hitting me in the head with your tray dumb ass (I sit in seat 1).

8)The old ass or lame ass fans that tell me to sit down when it is 3rd down on defense. Really, why come to the game if you aren't going to get into it?

9) The Security guard that yells at me because I am standing on a 3rd down. And stop blocking everyone view with your yellow slicker, standing in front of the section, and staring off into space. MOVE GOD DAMN IT...you are not deaf, you can hear me.

10) Ehhh, I don't even care anymore.

You sound picky as hell....Everytime I go to a Redskins game I have a great time, dunno why youre complaining so much

I remember hearing that Gary Williams asked the band to stop playing RRPII b/c of the 'you suck" chant. This was a good three to four years back. They probably stopped playing it at all MD events.

No sooner the Redskins DJ starts playing it 15 years after everyone else. Hell, most places don't play it at all anymore not b/c of the 'you suck' chant, but b/c the song is so played out at all sporting events period.

Apparently the Terps fans still do the chant at their basketball games, but they do it acapella without the band. I guess they just can't help themselves.

thanks for starting a thread about this, this should fix all our problems..:doh:

It won't solve all our problems, but it is an embarrassment nonetheless and should be scrapped. It reminds me of when the Cowboys sucked, and everyone mocked them by saying "How 'bout them Cowboys!"

Getting a real Jumbotron also won't solve all our problems, but it sure would be sweet.

You sound picky as hell....Everytime I go to a Redskins game I have a great time, dunno why youre complaining so much

Because I have been attending games at FedEx since it opened...and the experience gets worse each year....esp. with this new low of the "you suck" chant.

How much does FedEx suck? Let me count the ways:

1) Parking lots only open 4 hours before kickoff.

2) One of the escalators to the upper deck is broken every god damn game. Can we at least get the escalators to work 10 days a year?

3) "OOOOOO" during the National Anthem. It's wonderful that we have some Orioles fans in the house but it's NOT A ****ING ORIOLES GAME. It is disrespectful Balti-MORON behavior....leave that **** in the STD Capital of America.

4) The "HEY YOU SUCK" is unoriginal and overplayed at this point...and to top it off the song was written by a child molester...oh, and whoever runs the music at FedEx plays it at the worst times.

5) Too many seats owned by corporations that like to give away tickets to clients that are fans of opposing teams. I am glad my seat moved down, every week the last few years I was stuck next to some douchebag opposing team fans that got free tickets.

6) The "Everybody Clap Yo' Hands". *clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap*. I am not at a wedding reception. What's next FedEx?? The Chicken Dance?

7) The Beer man who insists on standing in front of the section...blocking the game...holding up two beers and saying who wants one? We know you have beer...get the fook out of the way and we will call you if we need you...and quit hitting me in the head with your tray dumb ass (I sit in seat 1).

8)The old ass or lame ass fans that tell me to sit down when it is 3rd down on defense. Really, why come to the game if you aren't going to get into it?

9) The Security guard that yells at me because I am standing on a 3rd down. And stop blocking everyone view with your yellow slicker, standing in front of the section, and staring off into space. MOVE GOD DAMN IT...you are not deaf, you can hear me.

10) Ehhh, I don't even care anymore.

lol...tell em why you mad...man I hope somebody with some pull is reading this...that chant is a black eye on the Redskins fanbase...I can't even imagine all those middle aged crossdressing guys yelling you suck...just play the fight song...damn...and blow FedEx field up...

Somebody call vinny's show and tell him to look at the 10 pages of people who hate this terrible chant, it actually might get something done...atleast tell him to have it played when we aren't getting completely embaressed by the team that apparently "sucks." I'm never up that early plus I don't really care enough to actually do it.

Its a DC thing....

this thread fails

NO IT ISNT, and its just plain stupid

If it was a DC thing, it would of been going on back at RFK, WHICH IT DIDNT, that song has been around a long time, and ive been going to Skins games for 32 years and NEVER heard it until FedEx Field opened. No i dont do NCAA games, found out at basketball games you cant drink alchohol, WTF IS UP WITH THAT? LOL

NO IT ISNT, and its just plain stupid

If it was a DC thing, it would of been going on back at RFK, WHICH IT DIDNT, that song has been around a long time, and ive been going to Skins games for 32 years and NEVER heard it until FedEx Field opened. No i dont do NCAA games, found out at basketball games you cant drink alchohol, WTF IS UP WITH THAT? LOL

Agreed. Plus it's annoying as well as rude. And seriously, what does it accomplish? If I was on an opposing team it would just serve as extra motivation for me to beat the crap out of the Redskins.

Also, as others have said, this thread needs a POLL! I want to know what the consensus if among many of the ESers.

I am a displaced fan who has to watch every game on TV and I absolutely HATE when I hear the chant.

1) It's LAME and EMBARRASING. What's next? The "You smell like doo-doo" chant?

2) If you just HAVE to play the song and do the chant, DO IT WHEN WE ARE DESTROYING SOMEBODY. That means we should not have heard the song/chant this season at all.

I know I am agreeing with previous posters when I say this, but it's nice to join the vent party. (Drinks beer.)

- nomad

This video should be reason enough to ban the song from Fedex Field.

I am a displaced fan who has to watch every game on TV and I absolutely HATE when I hear the chant.

That's actually better than "Hey! You Suck!" I don't want to be the guy who tries to start the "Hey! You smell like doodoo" chant though.

lol...tell em why you mad...man I hope somebody with some pull is reading this...that chant is a black eye on the Redskins fanbase...I can't even imagine all those middle aged crossdressing guys yelling you suck...just play the fight song...damn...and blow FedEx field up...

Hey< I happen to be one of those middle age guys yelling "You Suck", but least I am there yelling in the first place and not selling my tickets to Steeler or Cowpuke fans. If we can't sing HIP HIP HORRAY anymore we my as well yell YOU SUCK. Seems like every November when the Skins are on a slide people want to bring this up, but soon to forget about it when we are on a roll. Now that is how I see it !!!!!:2cents:

That's actually better than "Hey! You Suck!" I don't want to be the guy who tries to start the "Hey! You smell like doodoo" chant though.

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

HEY! (beat) YOU! (beat, beat) SMELL LIKE DOO (be) DOO!

That should really scare opposing teams!! :doh:

Must.... Outlame... Lame... "You Suck" Chant...

- nomad

2) If you just HAVE to play the song and do the chant, DO IT WHEN WE ARE DESTROYING SOMEBODY. That means we should not have heard the song/chant this season at all.

I know I am agreeing with previous posters when I say this, but it's nice to join the vent party. (Drinks beer.)

- nomad

This is football not like some United States Marine Corps meeting.

Archived