Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey you suck! Chant should go. MERGED

daviddsims

This is football not like some United States Marine Corps meeting.

HUH???

This is football??

Marine Corps??

Oh snap...

A) I thought I was watching Competitive Teabagging. Thanks for the clarification.

B) Don't get the USMC reference, but with all due respect I'm about the farthest from military you can be. Maybe you were confused by "displaced." See, it means I am from DC but don't live there anymore. You're welcome for helping you back.

Just not a fan of a chant that has no business in anything but a blowout.

And I still think it's lame.

- nomad

for all the complainers and crybabies and especially for you die hard Skins fans that don't go to any games, when the "You Suck" chant happens it's the only thing that pulls the fans together, its the loudest the stadium gets.. It wont stop, I WONT stop doing it and if you really don't like it and are embarassed then just change the channel. It's that simple..change the channel don't watch the game..

for all the complainers and crybabies and especially for you die hard Skins fans that don't go to any games, when the "You Suck" chant happens it's the only thing that pulls the fans together, its the loudest the stadium gets.. It wont stop, I WONT stop doing it and if you really don't like it and are embarassed then just change the channel. It's that simple..change the channel don't watch the game..

I go to the games, and I'm embarrassed for us when the crowd does it. Douche chills every time. Especially when it happens while we're losing.

On top of just being flat out lame, it fires up the opponent. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't players even said to knock it off at some point? It was either that or an opponent that came out and said they loved it because it got them going.

Just stop it.

WOW. So, if I don't like a small part of the way our team is represented on national television, I should change the channel. It's that simple?? Yeah, sounds pretty simple. Not dramatic or overboard or anything. Simple.

Hey, I'm not telling you to stop, I'm saying I think it's lame. But maybe there is another option for "pull[ing] the fans together"...

The best way to stop it is to cut the entire song out. It's a cool song for football games, but it's played way out. Bring in something new.

I agree. It is played out. Maybe a song from this century to fire up the crowd and/or demoralize the opponent. "You suck" is old and it just doesn't work when we're not ahead 35-7 in the 4th. As some other posters have suggested, I get the feeling other teams laugh at it when they hear it, and probably get fired up to make the chanters eat their words. I know that's how I would feel if I was an opponent.

- nomad

Guest Spearfeather
Why don't you find something constructive to start a thread on?

If you wanna whine about this than go somewhere else.

Why don't you climb up on top of one of those mountains that surround you and take a leap. The " Hey you suck " chant " sucks ". It makes us sound like a bunch of 20 year olds.

WHO CARES if the other team gets fired up? Players are talking **** to each other the whole game. Do you think that doesn't fire up the opposition? Our players should be psyched and ready to play as it is. We shouldn't be shying away from this chant because were afraid of the other team. Seriously, it makes you all sound like a bunch of *******.

WHO CARES if the other team gets fired up? Players are talking **** to each other the whole game. Do you think that doesn't fire up the opposition? Our players should be psyched and ready to play as it is. We shouldn't be shying away from this chant because were afraid of the other team. Seriously, it makes you all sound like a bunch of *******.

That's too simple IMHO.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not "shying" away from the chant because it might get the other team fired up.

That is only one of the many reasons the chant doesn't work, another being that the song is WAY dated.

Ostensibly, the point of the chant is to demoralize the other team and give us some sort of home field advantage, thereby helping our team. Hence the "you suck" part of the chant.

If the song doesn't do anything to the other team but make them laugh then it takes away the fan's effort to create an atmosphere the other team does not want to be in. At least that's what I would think we would want to do to them.

So it really does matter if a unified chant made by we the fans is in some way effective at ****ing up the other team's mojo.

OR I guess the chant is just there so we can all be drunk and rowdy, with no real interest in actually helping our team... Since they should be "psyched and ready to play as it is." In that case, I gotta wonder why some folks go to the game: to support, or to observe...

Either way, the chant is lame, or at least a lame duck. Let it go and find another one if it moves you.

- nomad

That's not why. It's, childish, classless and it's even worse when we do it while we're losing!!!!

Archived