Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mortal Kombat (2010)

footballhenry

So just to spread the word to other MK fans, there seems to be a new Mortal Kombat movie in the works. This so far is being billed as a re-boot (hopefully with top-notch actors). I for one have long believed Mortal Kombat has enormous potential to be an 'epic' movie series on par with X-Men, and maybe even the Matrix trilogy if done right. Here's to hoping the third time is the charm.:cheers:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293429/

By the way, the new D.C. v.s. Mortal Kombat game is awesome!!:applause:

Man...all I know is I hope it's better than the original. That was an atrocious movie.

I actually thought the first MK movie was somewhat watchable at least; the second MK movie was horrible though. At least they are slightly better than the Street Fighter movie made....haha, that film was a riot.

One thing they GOTTA do: MAKE IT R-rated.

And it seems cool, but MK vs. DC=epic fail. A T-rated MK game? :bsflag:

Well they had to make it T because of the D.C. characters; overall I think it's a very very fun game. And it's way cool to play as some of the badass characters of the D.C. world in exchange for less fatalities/gore. Plus, there will be more MK games that are rated M in the future.

Two things need to happen for video game based movies to improve:

1 - Most of them should be computer animated and rated R or PG13 at the least. No video game worth a move should ever be rated PG. Think pixar World of Warcraft or Legend of Zelda. So many games already capture fans with cut scenes and story lines just expand on that.

2 - Hollywood *******s should never be allowed to change the damn story line that made the game famous. Doom should never have been about friggin DNA. Resident evil's story was absolutely destroyed.. don't get me started on the second one with special powers or the third where zombies die from gut shots. George Romero should be tasked with remaking Resident Evil.

Having said that. Mortal Kombat does not have a compelling story line and really shouldn't be a movie. What is the back story? An evil warlord is going to conquer the world if we don't win his version of The Ultimate Fighter.

• 1 year later...

The trailers is pretty tight...but thats cause I just watched the old trailers. This new one seems to have a much more...dark side to it. Seems they also are trying to take out the idea of superpowers behind all the characters and just make them into psychotic freaks.

The trailers is pretty tight...but thats cause I just watched the old trailers. This new one seems to have a much more...dark side to it. Seems they also are trying to take out the idea of superpowers behind all the characters and just make them into psychotic freaks.

Hence the reboot.

The trailer looks cool and fun. I like the dark side to it and the creepiness of Baraka.

Two things need to happen for video game based movies to improve:

1 - Most of them should be computer animated and rated R or PG13 at the least. No video game worth a move should ever be rated PG. Think pixar World of Warcraft or Legend of Zelda. So many games already capture fans with cut scenes and story lines just expand on that.

2 - Hollywood *******s should never be allowed to change the damn story line that made the game famous. Doom should never have been about friggin DNA. Resident evil's story was absolutely destroyed.. don't get me started on the second one with special powers or the third where zombies die from gut shots. George Romero should be tasked with remaking Resident Evil.

Having said that. Mortal Kombat does not have a compelling story line and really shouldn't be a movie. What is the back story? An evil warlord is going to conquer the world if we don't win his version of The Ultimate Fighter.

Agree with the first two points, however, Mortal Kombat actually does have a bit of story to it. There's a lot of behind the scenes war, politics, and backstabbery in the outworld. For example, Scorpion's family was killed by Shang Tsung, but he was convinced it was Sub-Zero who did it. He sold his soul to the devil or something like that so he could resurrect and take his vengeance out on Sub-Zero. He winds up killing Sub-Zero, who's position is taken over by his younger brother. Scorpion, discovering he'd been tricked, has dedicated himself to protecting Sub-Zero's younger brother, who is now Sub-Zero, to try to make up for what he had done.

There's a bunch of other stuff going on with ousted ruler Shao Kahn trying to come to power again and warring with the armies of Kitana and the Shokan.

but yeah, there's actually some stuff going down in the Mortal Kombat universe that you may never really notice.

Looks good. I hope it's for a movie and not a promo for the game. I'm a little surprised by Baraka getting attention in the clip. I thought he was a very forgettable character in the games.
:no:

Baraka ruled.

mk3_baraka.gif

Archived