Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty 5, offical thread

Spaceman Spiff

I thought I was going to pass on this game, but now I'm not so sure. Call of Duty 4 online is probably the most addictive game I've ever played. It's been about a year since I got it and I'm still playing it like the first week I had it.

I know the same people aren't making CoD5, but I hear they're using the same engine that CoD4 used, so that's good. Plus the previews I've read on IGN seem to be pretty impressive. You can tell when the IGN writers are excited about a game and when they're going through the motions.

Anyone picking this up? Any of you midnight geeks have any initial impressions? :)

I thought I was going to pass on this game, but now I'm not so sure. Call of Duty 4 online is probably the most addictive game I've ever played. It's been about a year since I got it and I'm still playing it like the first week I had it.

I know the same people aren't making CoD5, but I hear they're using the same engine that CoD4 used, so that's good. Plus the previews I've read on IGN seem to be pretty impressive. You can tell when the IGN writers are excited about a game and when they're going through the motions.

Anyone picking this up? Any of you midnight geeks have any initial impressions? :)

You can download the demo now... My dad and brother have been playing in for a week. Its pretty awesome from what I've seen...

Honestly, the hype for this game hasn't been nearly as high as it was for COD4. I'm not so sure I'm going to get it as quickly as I did with COD4, but I might get it based on what my friends say. I think if the same engine is being used, that's a good thing, but it's got to evolve a little for it to be a good game, otherwise the gamers are just making COD4 part 2, which is not something I want.

Ehhh, the older I get, the less Sci-Fi stuff I like in video games...I'm sure GOW2 is great, but I'll pass.

it's moot anyways, since you have a ps3...but gow2 is great man.

i really am a bit puzzled why anyone who still plays a lot of cod4 would want to get 5....i played the beta, it's just like 4, just different scenery.

it's moot anyways, since you have a ps3...but gow2 is great man.

i really am a bit puzzled why anyone who still plays a lot of cod4 would want to get 5....i played the beta, it's just like 4, just different scenery.

Thats right, GOW2 is 360 exclusive.

Ehh, some of the maps that are on 4, I'm getting tired of. I refuse to play Chinatown, for example. I'll back out of the lobby if that map comes up. Same with Bloc and a couple others.

WW2 games are kinda blah to me at this point. I'll probably pick up LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, or Mirrors Ege before I grab CoD5. Possibly all three.

I know a ton of WW2 games have been made over the years, but I'm not a huge gamer. I think the last WW2 game I had was Medal of Honor for the PS2.

But it seems like there are a lot of people out there who feel the way you do, I've seen a few people on various sites say that.

Honestly, the hype for this game hasn't been nearly as high as it was for COD4. I'm not so sure I'm going to get it as quickly as I did with COD4, but I might get it based on what my friends say. I think if the same engine is being used, that's a good thing, but it's got to evolve a little for it to be a good game, otherwise the gamers are just making COD4 part 2, which is not something I want.

I think that is because, CoD4 was Modern Day Warfare.

You don't get all the gadgets and guns with CoD4. I have played the Demo and most of the gameplay is quite similar, I would probably say CoD4 is still a lot better. Day Of Defeat satisfies my WW2 needs imo.

One thing that CoD5 has that looks awesome is the Survival Zombie Mode.

But all in all... too many freaking games coming out this month...

Resistance 2 (MULTIPLAYER CO-OP IS FREAKING AWESOME)

Gears Of War 2

Fallout 3

Dead Space

Fable 2

WoW: WOTLK...

Just got two helicopters in one free-for-all match for the first time in COD 4. Did it with a gun I haven't used much, the M4. Has decent strength when you use Stopping Power, and nice accuracy. My goal is to try to get gold assault rifles. I have the red tiger on the AK and M16, so far. The single-fire weapons are gonna be a *****. By the time I'm starting to get close to gold, COD 9 will be out.

My impressions from the "beta":

CoD4 in WWII with vehicles. I'll get it eventually because the intro to the single player looks very interesting. They managed to get Keifer Sutherland and Gary Oldman to do VO work for the single player. Left 4 Dead is currently the game atop my hyped list.

Archived