Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty 5, offical thread

Spaceman Spiff

Pickin it up today, might not get around to playing it til tomorrow. I know enforcer already picked it up, said its "BEAST".

This game is awesome!! I know treyarch just used the cod4 engine, but this is a must have if you loved cod4. The weapons and maps are sick!! Get 7 kills a you get to call in the dogs. Aint nothing like dumping on a pack of dogs trying to rip out your throat!! Are ya'll starting a pS3 clan?

This game is awesome!! I know treyarch just used the cod4 engine, but this is a must have if you loved cod4. The weapons and maps are sick!! Get 7 kills a you get to call in the dogs. Aint nothing like dumping on a pack of dogs trying to rip out your throat!! Are ya'll starting a pS3 clan?

Dogs? DOGS?! Where is my helicopter??? What about when you get 5 kills? or 3?

No, i have to call them and see what the problem is ,they've had it for a week now , no e-mail , nothing . :mad:

I'm like a freaking junky going through withdraw :(

i need my COD fix , i mean really who buys a game and doesn't have the system to play it on :doh:

Dogs? DOGS?! Where is my helicopter??? What about when you get 5 kills? or 3?

for 5 kills they call an air raid and for 3 it's radar, yet I can't remember the term for it. It's essentially a UAV. The dogs are a nice touch....they will either get the kill or distract the enemy just enough for you to shoot them yourself.

EDIT:

release-the-hounds.jpg

Spiff, get this game you won't be disappointed. It blows GOW2 out the water

to each his own.

to me, COD5 is COD4, with slower weapons and some new scenery. I don't know how this stuff doesn't get played out to some of you, but people line up for it. i mean, if you're still playing COD4 religiously, is there a point to getting 5?

and i'm not making predictions here, but COD3 was out, and everyone still played COD2.

to each his own.

to me, COD5 is COD4, with slower weapons and some new scenery. I don't know how this stuff doesn't get played out to some of you, but people line up for it. i mean, if you're still playing COD4 religiously, is there a point to getting 5?

and i'm not making predictions here, but COD3 was out, and everyone still played COD2.

I feel you. It is basically cod4 but that was one of the best fps ever. Resistance was alright. I like real warfare more than sci-fi stuff

I didn't mean the single player mode. I think the cod5 multi is just sick even though GOW2 is fun. I haven't even started the campaign yet

gow2 online multi is cool, too.

capture the flag, only the flag is a downed (but not dead) enemy that you have to pick up and carry back to your side.

horde mode is fun, too.

3 kills= recon plane(same as uav)

5 kills= artillery

The dogs are sick! You can follow them to the enemys location or just sit back and let them maul someone

Ok I'll take your word for it. I'm not getting the game until after exams are done so I'll just have to wait and see. I'm going to miss the ability to call in my heli or a little while though.

I have it. It's pretty fun. The dogs are the most annoying thing ever. If someone on the opposing team gets them you're ****ed. They are more annoying than the helicopter. The guns you start out with are terrible too. Expect to get your ass kicked for the first 10 levels (and probably more. I've only acquired 2 new guns and they also suck.)

I like it but I love the World War II era. The actual missions are fun too. Especially the Eastern front. The first russian mission is sick.

Alright, I played this online for about 45 minutes last night, could not join a party to save my life. So far it seems fun, the levels are bigger but the dogs are ****ing terrible, you have no clue if there around you, what a *****. I like the artillery, I guess you can drive a tank too haven't done that yet.

It's alright.

I'm pretty bummed cause the 1st shotgun they give you has zippy power. I was badass with the shotguns in cod4, and this just doesn't measure up. I'm assuming they're trying to make the difference known between the old school guns and new ones.

Getting my ass kicked online though, still have to learn the maps....

It's alright.

I'm pretty bummed cause the 1st shotgun they give you has zippy power. I was badass with the shotguns in cod4, and this just doesn't measure up. I'm assuming they're trying to make the difference known between the old school guns and new ones.

Getting my ass kicked online though, still have to learn the maps....

The maps are huge. The level "Downfall" is almost too big. I'm at level 21 and still have ****ty guns and ****ty perks. Looks like its going to take a lot longer to acquire better stuff in this one.

And yes, the first shotty is ****. A single barrel pump action POS. The double barrell is sick though. I played with one guy who had it and he was destroying people. Shots straight to the brain.

The maps are huge. The level "Downfall" is almost too big. I'm at level 21 and still have ****ty guns and ****ty perks. Looks like its going to take a lot longer to acquire better stuff in this one.

And yes, the first shotty is ****. A single barrel pump action POS. The double barrell is sick though. I played with one guy who had it and he was destroying people. Shots straight to the brain.

Yeah, but the double barrel only gives you two shots...which should be enough to tell if you win or lose the fight, but if someone else is nearby, you're pretty screwed if you win the initial one.

I was playing with the Thompson that I picked up off a body earlier, it was pretty good.

Who Del, do you like the maps better than COD4?

Yeah, but the double barrel only gives you two shots...which should be enough to tell if you win or lose the fight, but if someone else is nearby, you're pretty screwed if you win the initial one.

I was playing with the Thompson that I picked up off a body earlier, it was pretty good.

Who Del, do you like the maps better than COD4?

They're a lot bigger and more detailed. I've been playing for a few days now and I still don't know the ins and outs of them. I'm so used to the COD4 maps that I can just put that in and know exactly where to go and what to do around almost every corner.

I like the fact that they're a lot more detailed and its more challenging to find certain enemies on certain maps (the Nazis on Asylum and Roundhouse, the Japanese on the Island maps) Their unis make them tough to see. I've noticed a lot more camping in COD:WW because they are so many spots because of how big they are. That can be annoying as ****.

They're a lot bigger and more detailed. I've been playing for a few days now and I still don't know the ins and outs of them. I'm so used to the COD4 maps that I can just put that in and know exactly where to go and what to do around almost every corner.

I like the fact that they're a lot more detailed and its more challenging to find certain enemies on certain maps (the Nazis on Asylum and Roundhouse, the Japanese on the Island maps) Their unis make them tough to see. I've noticed a lot more camping in COD:WW because they are so many spots because of how big they are. That can be annoying as ****.

Yeah, I've noticed they're more detailed, too.

In regards to the camping though, I've noticed that there are harder places to camp. In COD4, there were spots where I could set up a couple of claymores and sit with my sniper rifle and be pretty hard to reach. I've quickly noticed that if you want to camp or stay in an area, they've made it way harder to do that.

Perhaps it's just that I'm not used to the maps though.

The sniper rifles seem pretty good in cod5 though in terms of power. Only a couple times have I hit someone in the upper torso and have had them run away.

Yeah, I've noticed they're more detailed, too.

In regards to the camping though, I've noticed that there are harder places to camp. In COD4, there were spots where I could set up a couple of claymores and sit with my sniper rifle and be pretty hard to reach. I've quickly noticed that if you want to camp or stay in an area, they've made it way harder to do that.

Perhaps it's just that I'm not used to the maps though.

The sniper rifles seem pretty good in cod5 though in terms of power. Only a couple times have I hit someone in the upper torso and have had them run away.

I suck at sniping. I'm strictly close combat and medium range stuff. I mostly stick with shotguns and machine guns. Very rarely do I go into a map with a sniper rifle. I'm just not that great at aim.

They have bouncing betty's in this one that act like claymores. Have you encountered dogs yet? Haha. They are worse than the ****ing helicopter.

Archived